Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:58:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto's P2P foundation profile makes a reply  (Read 108064 times)
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:52:48 AM

Other than the "mystery" , does it really matter if we know who Satoshi is?  Bitcoin's future is not dependent on this information.  Personally, I'd like to see it remain a mystery! Cool
Pretty much just human curiosity. I just hope him and that old guy will stay safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HadToLookTwice

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:53:19 AM

Seems odd. Maybe the account was hacked, or fake? Why not sign a message?

It doesn't seem odd at all.  He clearly doesn't want bad things to happen to Dorian, considering the shit storm that's hit him this week.  Good move.

lol no. The guy totally is Satoshi Nakimoto.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:57:25 AM

That is not satoshi's key.  Satoshi's key is 0x5EC948A1, fingerprint DE4E FCA3 E1AB 9E41 CE96  CECB 18C0 9E86 5EC9 48A1, with encryption subkey 0xD6AAA69F.  It is a 1024/512 DSA/ELG key.  You can find it here:

http://sks.pkqs.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=0x18C09E865EC948A1

http://sks.pkqs.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x18C09E865EC948A1

and of course at:

http://bitcoin.org/satoshinakamoto.asc

gbgamer

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:57:29 AM

Damn, just finished reading the full Newsweek article, then checked out some of the new AP interview with Dorian and now this.
I have no idea what to think anymore.
What the hell is going on?

Satoshi is fake
Satoshi is real
Satoshi commented on fake
Satoshi account hacked
It is a tricky one

adds the diagram from the thread
https://i.imgur.com/RrI0j9Y.png

Love the diagram.... seems pretty obvious when put like that.  Always go with simple solution!
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:59:49 AM

Damn, just finished reading the full Newsweek article, then checked out some of the new AP interview with Dorian and now this.

Satoshi is fake
Satoshi is real
Satoshi account hacked
It is a tricky one

Love the diagram.... seems pretty obvious when put like that.  Always go with simple solution!

But would't that be alleging that there was a conspiracy at newsweek to publish a crappy article?

dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:00:41 AM

Full version of "satoshi" encounter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QswzUqcSb2c
HadToLookTwice

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:01:03 AM

How long until someone launches DorianCoin?

Bitcoin is the original DorianCoin.
BitcoinGirl325

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:01:53 AM

This just proves what I've been saying all along!!

Milton Friedman faked his own death and invented Bitcoin as Satoshi Nakamoto!

Wink  Grin

If you enjoyed my post or found it helpful, please feel free to donate BTC to me at: 15UKsghaHeLAtidySEHmPXBWRjBMM1Tw4u
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:02:47 AM

I formally announce I am not SATOSHI Wink

OBJECT NOT FOUND
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:03:36 AM

But would't that be alleging that there was a conspiracy at newsweek to publish a crappy article?

Need another chart just for her
But the newsweek journalists reply
http://www.newsweek.com/journalist-behind-bitcoin-story-speaks-out-231170

Heres another Satoshi for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8JuTMFuXuU&feature=youtu.be&t=53m50s

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:05:24 AM

Other than the "mystery" , does it really matter if we know who Satoshi is?  Bitcoin's future is not dependent on this information.  Personally, I'd like to see it remain a mystery! Cool
why does it even matter if the mystery is resolved oneday ..! as you said future of bitcoin doesn't rely on this news.. i would love to see someone crack this mystery but not like how Newsweek tried.

valiron

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:06:34 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 05:30:29 AM by valiron

OP, how did you found out he replied so fast after he poster it?
Pretty good question.

It was already on reddit, posted by /u/l0gz a few minutes before I posted it here.  I wanted to check to see if bitcointalk had any more info but was surprised that no one had seen it yet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zrshb/real_satoshi_nakamoto_denies_being_dorian_nakamoto/

Very interesting the user  l0gz on reddit...he was able to spot Satoshi's post only 9 minutes after it was posted (ummm...). This seems to indicate that he is the author of the post (hacking into Satoshi's account or not). This user likes to post in reddit about Anime, bitcoin, Unix,...his style sounds familiar to me (impeccably academic...as Satoshi's)...Let's have a look at some of his posts...what do you think?  Grin

"The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved." - Yang Wenli (Legend of the Galactic Heroes).

(Holy shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Well think about it. If you were to announce yourself, you would just put a big target on your head. What's to stop someone from kidnapping your loved ones and demanding a payment in return for their safety? If you were to sell, you would crash the market and undermine people's confidence in your invention.

No doubt Satoshi kept his identity secret not for fear of law enforcement, but out of concern for his personal safety and protecting his fortune.

As a 20 year old, no. With the rate modern medicine is advancing, I think being old in 2063 won't be nearly as bad as it is now. I also want to stick around as long as possible to see all the cool things we invent.

(!!!!)

A good store of value? Seriously? One could invest $100K into Bitcoin right now and have no idea if they'll be a millionaire in 6 months or wipe out half of their investment. Gold and silver are commodities, Bitcoin is a currency.

Keep in mind that even if you don't have a Facebook account, there's a high probability your "face" is still on Facebook, through photos your friends and family have uploaded to Facebook owned websites. Combine that with sufficient improvements in facial recognition software and we're not too far off Facebook crawling other social networks trying to put a name to the face.

Don't think about it. I've reached a point where I'll mix the two types of English together unless I make an conscious effort to avoid it. For example, I'll use "color" in the same sentence as "recognise".

These people aren't storming your house with the goal of killing you. When you escalate the situation with firearms, the cops are going to go into "shoot to kill" mode, which ends with you coming out of your house in a body bag. So yes, you should sit there and take it, if you care about your loved ones making it out of that situation alive.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:07:34 AM

Forgive my ignorance but is it possible to fake the date a key was signed? 

sig  sig   7480B161 2013-04-01 __________ __________ Dorian S Nakamoto <mtn_sssh@hotmail.com>

http://sks.pkqs.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=0x18C09E865EC948A1

Dorian's key was sel-signed in 2008.  So if dates are legit he's been on radar for quite some time.  Possible Satoshi picked him in advance to model his fake profile on?

It's very easy to fake that yes.  You just run gpg version 2 with the command line option --faked-system-time= followed by a time in unix epoch seconds

HadToLookTwice

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:09:07 AM

I formally announce I am not SATOSHI Wink

First confirmation here.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:11:11 AM

Satoshi is fake
Satoshi is real
Satoshi account hacked
It is a tricky one

Does anyone know what type of software made the chart?

eB101

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:15:10 AM

One thing for sure, the post of p2p foundation is from the inventor Satoshi. If someone would have hacked the account before, he would have taken advantage of it at that time then.
One thing less sure, is the veracity of this post. If we suppose that Dorian's family opinions were in fact well interpreted by the journalist, and that Dorian would never admit that (IF) he is the inventor, or "will always deny", then it could make sense to see himself denying on his real online account. Timing is quite supportive and play in that direction.
On the other hand, if this post is in fact true in its content, it would surprise me on how fast this reaction came from someone who got away for so many years. At this point, it's not like he has to follow the news everyday... But who knows

Either way, I hope that Dorian will be left alone, and will leave in peace again. As for the inventor of this passioning adventure, which will be the future of the next generations, I say thank you. Some of us are made to move the world forward on what it needs for the greater good - he was one of them, and yet, just one of god's hands. Like all of us. All the best, Satoshi
mechatronic

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:16:07 AM

Does anyone know what type of software made the chart?

Looks like OmniGraffle http://www.omnigroup.com/omnigraffle
btcbible

Activity: 143

Coinality.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:17:27 AM

I would really like the site admin to chime in here.

https://twitter.com/jdaviescoates/status/441786509667352577

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:19:34 AM

what if dorian nakamoto, who is the real satoshi nakamoto, posted 'i am not dorian' to troll that reporter for shits and giggles?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:21:32 AM

two things about this video:

1. That dude really wants a free lunch! He refrences "free lunch" 3 times. My favoriute has the be the 3rd time " who has my lunch ticket?"

2. He is either a really good actor, along side with economist, cryptographer, programer, model train maker etc etc, or this is not him! he is like " I didnt bitcoin" HAAAHHA who says I didn't bitcoin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QswzUqcSb2c

anyway... im don't think it's this poor old man.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: