Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:13:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto's P2P foundation profile makes a reply  (Read 108062 times)
valiron

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:36:07 AM

OP, how did you found out he replied so fast after he poster it?
Pretty good question.

It was already on reddit, posted by /u/l0gz a few minutes before I posted it here.  I wanted to check to see if bitcointalk had any more info but was surprised that no one had seen it yet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zrshb/real_satoshi_nakamoto_denies_being_dorian_nakamoto/

Very interesting the user  l0gz on reddit...he was able to spot Satoshi's post only 9 minutes after it was posted (ummm...). This seems to indicate that he is the author of the post (hacking into Satoshi's account or not). This user likes to post in reddit about Anime, bitcoin, Unix,...his style sounds familiar to me (impeccably academic...as Satoshi's)...Let's have a look at some of his posts...what do you think?  Grin

"The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved." - Yang Wenli (Legend of the Galactic Heroes).

(Holy shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Well think about it. If you were to announce yourself, you would just put a big target on your head. What's to stop someone from kidnapping your loved ones and demanding a payment in return for their safety? If you were to sell, you would crash the market and undermine people's confidence in your invention.

No doubt Satoshi kept his identity secret not for fear of law enforcement, but out of concern for his personal safety and protecting his fortune.

As a 20 year old, no. With the rate modern medicine is advancing, I think being old in 2063 won't be nearly as bad as it is now. I also want to stick around as long as possible to see all the cool things we invent.

(!!!!)

A good store of value? Seriously? One could invest $100K into Bitcoin right now and have no idea if they'll be a millionaire in 6 months or wipe out half of their investment. Gold and silver are commodities, Bitcoin is a currency.

Keep in mind that even if you don't have a Facebook account, there's a high probability your "face" is still on Facebook, through photos your friends and family have uploaded to Facebook owned websites. Combine that with sufficient improvements in facial recognition software and we're not too far off Facebook crawling other social networks trying to put a name to the face.

Don't think about it. I've reached a point where I'll mix the two types of English together unless I make an conscious effort to avoid it. For example, I'll use "color" in the same sentence as "recognise".

These people aren't storming your house with the goal of killing you. When you escalate the situation with firearms, the cops are going to go into "shoot to kill" mode, which ends with you coming out of your house in a body bag. So yes, you should sit there and take it, if you care about your loved ones making it out of that situation alive.

Any thoughts?

Am I the only one that can see these quotes in Satoshi's mouth?

In particular...

"The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved." - Yang Wenli (Legend of the Galactic Heroes).
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phobosgrunt

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:45:37 AM

crazy day, didnt get much work done
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:59:29 AM

Resident of California

I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!
eat shit seriouscoin.

"Resident of California" proves nothing. That PGP key was created yesterday, it's a fake/prank.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:08:05 AM

Resident of California

I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!
eat shit seriouscoin.

"Resident of California" proves nothing. That PGP key was created yesterday, it's a fake/prank.

LOL did he actually tell me to eat shit?

WOW..... he took the word "dumb" to a WHOLE...... 'NOTHER....... LEVEL.
Parliament

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:14:56 AM

OK guys, I think this is authentic and this is why.

I just created a new ning account and I did some test to see whether an admin could fake a reply from one of the website's users and there is no way to do this.

How does this work out if you are the dba son?

Exactly.

But it doesn't matter. Satoshi knows that there would be massive speculation if he ever came back, so he would almost certainly PGP-sign any message he writes.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:29:56 AM

Sig or it didn't happen.

BINTEX

Powered by,
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:44:27 AM

Dear God satoshi, we love you.
You changed the world in a better way, thanks.
Even if this experiment fails you enlighted many of us.
zoosher

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:04:22 AM

Grin
After MtGox.........I think the soup BTC needed a stir as it was getting lumpy !!

This whole thing smells like propaganda !

I'm getting the film script in 1st light  Roll Eyes
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:29:55 AM

I think I have to agree with a comment on the youtube vid of the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRq7e8GMII

"That's not me, I never communicated with bitcoins." Well, that's all the proof we need.
He appears t0o stressed with whole incidents..! poor old man ..!

Not really to say the truth.. he looks pretty happy about his free sushi Smiley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c38AKkXR-gg

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
notindexed

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:40:37 AM

Oh the irony in this whole story.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:41:39 AM

Satoshi,

will you marry me?    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

no, sorry
azerbaidjan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:48:55 AM

OP, how did you found out he replied so fast after he poster it?
Pretty good question.

It was already on reddit, posted by /u/l0gz a few minutes before I posted it here.  I wanted to check to see if bitcointalk had any more info but was surprised that no one had seen it yet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zrshb/real_satoshi_nakamoto_denies_being_dorian_nakamoto/

Very interesting the user  l0gz on reddit...he was able to spot Satoshi's post only 9 minutes after it was posted (ummm...). This seems to indicate that he is the author of the post (hacking into Satoshi's account or not). This user likes to post in reddit about Anime, bitcoin, Unix,...his style sounds familiar to me (impeccably academic...as Satoshi's)...Let's have a look at some of his posts...what do you think?  Grin

(Holy shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Well think about it. If you were to announce yourself, you would just put a big target on your head. What's to stop someone from kidnapping your loved ones and demanding a payment in return for their safety? If you were to sell, you would crash the market and undermine people's confidence in your invention.

No doubt Satoshi kept his identity secret not for fear of law enforcement, but out of concern for his personal safety and protecting his fortune.

As a 20 year old, no. With the rate modern medicine is advancing, I think being old in 2063 won't be nearly as bad as it is now. I also want to stick around as long as possible to see all the cool things we invent.

(!!!!)

A good store of value? Seriously? One could invest $100K into Bitcoin right now and have no idea if they'll be a millionaire in 6 months or wipe out half of their investment. Gold and silver are commodities, Bitcoin is a currency.

Keep in mind that even if you don't have a Facebook account, there's a high probability your "face" is still on Facebook, through photos your friends and family have uploaded to Facebook owned websites. Combine that with sufficient improvements in facial recognition software and we're not too far off Facebook crawling other social networks trying to put a name to the face.

Don't think about it. I've reached a point where I'll mix the two types of English together unless I make an conscious effort to avoid it. For example, I'll use "color" in the same sentence as "recognise".

These people aren't storming your house with the goal of killing you. When you escalate the situation with firearms, the cops are going to go into "shoot to kill" mode, which ends with you coming out of your house in a body bag. So yes, you should sit there and take it, if you care about your loved ones making it out of that situation alive.

Any thoughts?

Am I the only one that can see these quotes in Satoshi's mouth?

In particular...

Again, your "Leah McGrath Goodman" method does not prove anything besides your (legitimate) interest in knowing who's Satoshi.

Go watch the movie "The last temptation of Christ" if you han't seen it yet.

porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:05:46 AM

How old do you think the real Satoshi or someone who writes Bitcoin is? In my opinion he was not 60. That is too old! More like 30 or 40. And I strongly believe that he created it not alone!

PS: I am pretty sure he has another account here on the forum and reads. But with not many posts. Many posts are a risk to reveal his identity.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
bitjoint

Activity: 333

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:13:37 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 02:00:20 PM by bitjoint

Godfather Satoshi: please give us a new sign!

and satoshi said...

liexel

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:32:07 AM

what if dorian nakamoto, who is the real satoshi nakamoto, posted 'i am not dorian' to troll that reporter for shits and giggles?

i actually think this is correct.
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:33:03 AM

Best reply on reddit..lol

"Newsweek should have waited at least three confirmations before publishing their story. "
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:37:51 AM

There is never a boring time in Bitcoin land  Grin

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:41:37 AM

It is rather hard to tell if it is real one. But if it is, just WOW.

I gues if he watched news recently he could get angry everyone is thinking he is some old dude with government paranoia hehe

dagi

Activity: 374

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:42:44 AM

Satoshi,

will you marry me?    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Grin
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000