Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Everything End Here and Now?  (Read 134 times)
Adebits (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:15:30 PM

If there is no life after death, then life is crueller than imagined.

Life is death if consciousness is finite, because finite time cannot heal all wounds, wipe all tears, soothe all pains and do justice to all as many lie in graves still hoping to find them. Bloods do cry from graves.

Hence, for there to be perfect healing of wounds, complete wiping of tears, perfect soothing of pains and perfect justice for all, LIFE MUST BE INFINITE! And if life is infinite it means death is not the end of consciousness. Death is just a transition in infinitude. It means there's life even after death.

Think about it.

It is utterly and practically impossible to make sense of Virtue and Evil unless everything does NOT end in the here and now. If everything ends in the here and now then virtue, altruism, love and justice make no sense and have no real significance whatsoever; they are just something we cooked up while evil is just another idea we invented; it is not real. But if these abstractions have real moral value and real significance, then infiniteness must be real also because that's the only way they make sense.

For instance,
It would be difficult to convince a father who just lost his daughter to an armed robber or terrorist that evil is an invented concept; that it is not real. And the terrorist was never caught but later died of cancer.

It would be difficult to convince a mother who has her firstborn child with a hole in his heart in an oxygen glass that love is a social invention with no real meaning. And the baby died 24 hours later.

It would be a herculean task to convince an orphan who almost died of cold and hunger but was clothed and fed by a stranger that altruism and virtue are nothing. And the stranger was killed in an accident a day after.

In all these instances, questions abound.

Where is justice for the terrorist? Where is justice for the child? Where is recompense for the stranger? Apparently, they died before they could get what they deserve. They would lie forever in decay without getting their due. But would they?

If consciousness is finite, then sorry to the mourning father; bad luck to the unfortunate child and tough luck to the stranger. Better luck next time. Such is life!

Why should I be motivated to do good if doing bad has better rewards with no ultimate consequences?

Adolf Hitler spearheaded the deaths of approximately 80 million humans and later committed suicide. Such an easy pass. Would he ever pay for his evils?

Joseph Stalin led a political ideology which resulted in the deaths of approximately 100 million Russians through starvation, killings, torture etc and died as a result of cerebral haemorrhage. Would he ever face justice?

Sanni Abacha stole from a nation of peoples and bankrupted generations in the process but died by heart attack or prostitutes (depending on what you believe). Is that proper justice?

The only way justice in cases of these men would hold real significance is if life and consciousness are infinite.

The truth is that there cannot be infinite happiness, infinite joy, infinite peace, infinite comfort, infinite justice in a FINITE world. We must posit INFINITENESS! 

This implies that life does not end in the here and now, otherwise we are miserably hopeless and your virtues are meaningless. So also are your so-called evils.

Personally, I wish life ends here but that would not be a logical hypothesis given the facts of our existence and the reality of evil.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:00:44 AM

"Ought" does not imply "is".

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
ajrulkenz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:52:25 AM

as a Muslim I believe in life after death, for that what I do today is stock or savings for life, good will bear goodness and vice versa
Kofiy
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Am KOFIY!

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:45:58 AM

I don't think everything ends here, I believe in after life. The spirit of man cannot die, death is just transition to another realm of life

bivaetjetakoe

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:52:45 PM

Good comparisons, but damn, life is a matrix.
Do what you want, you still will not get anything in return, except for what is written in the law.
Common people understand this, and, usually, these people are either in prison or in a mental hospital.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: