Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:16:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 vs 2018  (Read 809 times)
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2038
Merit: 1172

Never selling

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:48:12 AM

This is just a bunch of rhetoric. Why don't you specify what bitcoin's use case is going forward with all of the government pressure on exchanges to kyc traders and less and less altcoin action. Assuming "they" are successful at eliminating speculation profits from crypto, what's to give it future value? so far, in my eyes that's been bitcoin's main use case.

I don't need to specify anything. I'm convinced of Bitcoin's merit and I don't care if you or anyone else is not.

You seem to have a hard time focusing on anything except exchange issues, like they matter for Bitcoin's development, they don't. However, if you strongly think that government pressures on exchanges matter so much, don't invest, simple. As I keep saying go invest somewhere that is within your mental limitations.

You may also want to research the difference between the meaning of prices and values, otherwise I suspect you will also have trouble investing in the more traditional markets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WinslowIII (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:57:18 AM

This is just a bunch of rhetoric. Why don't you specify what bitcoin's use case is going forward with all of the government pressure on exchanges to kyc traders and less and less altcoin action. Assuming "they" are successful at eliminating speculation profits from crypto, what's to give it future value? so far, in my eyes that's been bitcoin's main use case.

I don't need to specify anything. I'm convinced of Bitcoin's merit and I don't care if you or anyone else is not.

You seem to have a hard time focusing on anything except exchange issues, like they matter for Bitcoin's development, they don't. However, if you strongly think that government pressures on exchanges matter so much, don't invest, simple. As I keep saying go invest somewhere that is within your mental limitations.

You may also want to research the difference between the meaning of prices and values, otherwise I suspect you will also have trouble investing in the more traditional markets.

So instead of answering the question you call me stupid and tell me to go away- typical bulltard reaction.
genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:15:19 AM

the market game they play actually depends on how much profit they get. if they get a big profit in one coin they will maintain the price, but if the coin is a scamcoin they will only do a bubble to rob you of money. this is in my opinion and opinion
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:11:25 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

when you make a comparison you shouldn't bend the facts and only use 2 or 3 aspects that you like and relate to your false conclusion. and that is why everyone is disagreeing with you.
in the end it doesn't matter though. people like you have been doing the same thing for as long as bitcoin has been around. you can find similar topics like your if you go to high pages in this board (pages 300-400). they basically are saying the same thing when price was $10 too.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2038
Merit: 1172

Never selling

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:15:53 AM

So instead of answering the question you call me stupid and tell me to go away- typical bulltard reaction.

Yeah right, I've answered you and so have others. Think about your argument for a second, it's the same as 'I won't buy any stock in this company because I believe the government will regulate the stock exchange further'. Stupidity or trolling, simple.

when you make a comparison you shouldn't bend the facts and only use 2 or 3 aspects that you like and relate to your false conclusion. and that is why everyone is disagreeing with you.
in the end it doesn't matter though. people like you have been doing the same thing for as long as bitcoin has been around. you can find similar topics like your if you go to high pages in this board (pages 300-400). they basically are saying the same thing when price was $10 too.

Spot on, this kind of topic has been posted numerous times over the years. I can only hope it's trolling because if all these posters are genuine I pity them for their stupidity.
feelivent

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:12:29 AM

I agree with your statement,it's easier to make profit and see the coin price multiply in past years, now we got tons of alt and tons of regulations for crypto, and the kyc requirement make the crypto investment same with Fiat investment,so the regulations is disadvantage for crypto, and I think we won't see any huge rising anymore in crypto
I heard the mane of cryptocurrency in 2017 when bitcoin become 9 years old. I don’t know what happened in 2014, but I know that the investors of 2014 are now millionaires due to bitcoin investment. They bought for very low price almost few dollars and sold them in 2017 for a huge price and earned thousands of dollars in each bitcoin. This is called luck.
WinslowIII (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:16:16 AM

Wtf are you talking about? it's like you and others just gloss over what I'm saying without taking any time to understand and just write it off as general fudding.
The kyc requirements of exchanges today and the banning of US citizens from more and more exchanges is totally unprecidented. Trading/speculation has been bitcoins biggest use case by far and it is slowly being taken away, and this is a huge difference from this last halving pump from the ones before it. My question is what effect this will have going forward?
Most here are simply not mentally capable of understanding what I'm even talking about and are in their own little world expecting $20k by the end of this year. This is an echo chamber.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:27:51 PM

The kyc requirements of exchanges today and the banning of US citizens from more and more exchanges is totally unprecidented. Trading/speculation has been bitcoins biggest use case by far and it is slowly being taken away, and this is a huge difference from this last halving pump from the ones before it. My question is what effect this will have going forward?

Are you absolutely certain about that?

https://www.coindesk.com/fidelity-reveals-cryptocurrency-and-digital-asset-trading-platform/

https://medium.com/bakkt-blog/newhire-launch-c5dd55254566

So Americans find it harder to get on fuckholes like Bitfinex and Bitmex. Boo hoo.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:44:43 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Herbert2020 (1)

in the end it doesn't matter though. people like you have been doing the same thing for as long as bitcoin has been around. you can find similar topics like your if you go to high pages in this board (pages 300-400). they basically are saying the same thing when price was $10 too.no

Wtf are you talking about? it's like you and others just gloss over what I'm saying without taking any time to understand and just write it off as general fudding.
The kyc requirements of exchanges today and the banning of US citizens from more and more exchanges is totally unprecidented.

no, it's been happening for years. bitstamp implemented mandatory KYC in 2013. bitmex banned USA residents back in 2015. the market has become increasingly segregated over the years due to the regulatory uncertainty around non-KYC for crypto-only trading and serving american markets.

Trading/speculation has been bitcoins biggest use case by far and it is slowly being taken away, and this is a huge difference from this last halving pump from the ones before it.

that's not really a use case; traders can speculate on anything. i don't see evidence that it's being "taken away" either. over time, we shouldn't be surprised if money flows towards licensed exchanges and/or ones that implement KYC. they're much safer places to keep trading funds than offshore exchanges shrouded in secrecy.

My question is what effect this will have going forward?
Most here are simply not mentally capable of understanding what I'm even talking about and are in their own little world expecting $20k by the end of this year. This is an echo chamber.

i've been here since 2013. i know what a bubble looks like, and i know what comes after. i'm not expecting another bubble anytime soon.

the only noticeable differences between now and 2014:

1. markets are much more liquid now.
2. much more algo-trading activity now.

the effects going forward are the same as they ever were. the market becomes more segregated between exchanges that want to serve USA customers and those that don't.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:19:15 AM

no my friend, you are incapable of creating a proper intelligible comment!
you start by calling bitcoin rise for the past 6 years a "halving pump" and that alone reduces your comment's value and shows your lack of understanding about bitcoin and its value.
and then you follow it up with false assumptions of your own without any basis. @figment explained this well enough above this comment.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:38:15 PM

How can trading be dead, in any market with high volatility (crypto is still probably the highest even though it's much less than it used to be) there will always be big losers and big winners. Just because it's no longer easy to predict the next big 10x coin doesn't mean that some people can't and aren't doing it.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: