Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating New Coin or Invest in ICO  (Read 1045 times)
perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:01:27 AM

As the title pronounced which do you prefer Invest or create? For me the capability of creating new coin can make big income and big loss there is a certain period of time that this idea will fail, as for Investing in some ICO compare to other side you have a freedom to choose, we all heard, don't put all your eggs in one basket but what if *if* half of the dozen egg broke and the other four was on fatal condition and the last two was successful and these two coin made you around 10m usd and your capital was 11m usd all of effort and time come to waste you see it's really hard to choose between two, how bout you share your opinions and express yourselves into this topic.

I'm not into creating coins. It has more responsibility instead of just creating for the heck of it. You will lose if you just created shitcoins with no value whatsoever.

As for investing, if more than half of your investment is in jeopardy then make the necessary adjustments and offload useless coins and go try to invest on the next hype coin, get out before the hype die, rinse and repeat.
From even what the guy posted, it is obvious that the main reason why he is looking at creating coin is because of the benefit when it comes to profitability. It is of course not a bad idea to think of that, but what should be important is to be able to come up with a product that would be speaking for itself without even having to say much to investors even though you still have to do that anyway and that is the only time he won't end up wasting his time trying to do something huge. Investing on the other hand is actually for every smart individual who is looking to key into someone else's idea while believing in its long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:00:58 AM

I wouldn't worry about creating a new coin. Even if I had all coders at my will even if I had all the funds and had the best marketing people in the whole world, I wouldn't really go for creating a new coin. Couple reasons, one it is a high responsibility, too many people are depending on you doing a great job with the coin so they can make money.

There are traders out there of course but I have seen people putting real amounts for ICO's so they could make a killing with it, people lost really important amounts as well, they shouldn't put those things into ICO's but people are not smart with their money. I do not want to be trusted with the money they barely got and expect me to create a coin that would turn them rich and not poor, that is too black or white for my taste.

Plus, if I have all those people I would rather start a gaming company, games are expected to be fun and that is it, less worry unless you are some bad gaming company like 2k who doesn't care about their people, that must be stressful.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:44:53 PM

As the title pronounced which do you prefer Invest or create? For me the capability of creating new coin can make big income and big loss there is a certain period of time that this idea will fail, as for Investing in some ICO compare to other side you have a freedom to choose, we all heard, don't put all your eggs in one basket but what if *if* half of the dozen egg broke and the other four was on fatal condition and the last two was successful and these two coin made you around 10m usd and your capital was 11m usd all of effort and time come to waste you see it's really hard to choose between two, how bout you share your opinions and express yourselves into this topic.

Lots of coin coming up this days, turning into an abuse for the main purpose why ICO  is been develop, I prefer to invest in ICO with trusted  team members and a proven track record, also observing what the project is out to deliver to the world at large. I spread my investment stake into several ICO  and hope for the best.
hildacitra

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:48:37 PM

Creating new coin definitely can make huge income as long as it is useful for future, it should involve good team to reach the goal otherwise the it will never reach the goal. I personally prefer to Investing in ICO than creating new coins as there are a lots of coins today but most of them tend to losing out the value.

bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:02:00 PM

the choice goes back to yourself, if you feel that you are very competent and mastered a thing that you can make as a basis for making coins, why don't you dare? Don't be afraid of risk because whatever the risk is, but all can be minimized by ability, tenacity, discipline, and willingness to learn, and that's all you have. But if you only know that you are limited to doing business without mastering the management knowledge, then go to the ICO, maybe there you will be safer and find your fashion, but don't forget to carefully choose the ICO well, because currently there are so many ICOs that fail that the ends seem like scams. The point is that you have to know your limits before you move the decision cannot be taken just by listening to suggestions from other people.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:09:20 PM

I had rather invest in Ico than to create new coin it requires a lot of time and money in creating new coin. You have to invest big funds, effort, and time to develop your project. It really requires full responsibility with your knowledge to put in creating coin. Investing in Ico you have to search first which Ico is more profitable.
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:59:56 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 01:37:30 AM by loragean03

I'm not into creating coins. It has more responsibility instead of just creating for the heck of it. You will lose if you just created shitcoins with no value whatsoever.

As for investing, if more than half of your investment is in jeopardy then make the necessary adjustments and offload useless coins and go try to invest on the next hype coin, get out before the hype die, rinse and repeat.
From even what the guy posted, it is obvious that the main reason why he is looking at creating coin is because of the benefit when it comes to profitability. It is of course not a bad idea to think of that, but what should be important is to be able to come up with a product that would be speaking for itself without even having to say much to investors even though you still have to do that anyway and that is the only time he won't end up wasting his time trying to do something huge. Investing on the other hand is actually for every smart individual who is looking to key into someone else's idea while believing in its long term.
Investing is more profitable I think, Because creating new coin is not a good thing now, there are so many coins now and most of them are not that functional or scams, It is better to invest on some ICOs that are potential in many ways, It is better to have a view on some ICOs that are worth to invest in.
dodgrad

Activity: 1067
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:32:12 AM

The world is full of cool ideas. Of course, the world of cryptocurrencies also needs many interesting solutions, but the attempts to introduce something by force usually end badly. The most important thing is to check if the idea works. Without this, projects usually fail.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Fieldcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 01:51:39 AM

There has to be a goal and a long term vision to support the creation of a coin or a token. Some ICOs have chosen to do a token sale as a way to raise capitals however a traditional fund raising with VCs would have been more appropriate for their business models. Their tokens don't serve a purpose except being used as speculation device. Here's 10 characteristics a utility token should have:
https://hackernoon.com/make-utility-tokens-great-again-f236b64ee31b
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:12:56 AM

Investing is more profitable I think, Because creating new coin is not a good thing now, there are so many coins now and most of them are not that functional or scams, It is better to invest on some ICOs that are potential in many ways, It is better to have a view on some ICOs that are worth to invest in.

investing in ico is more risky because you arent so sure if an ico is legit or scam even if you did inspect them . investing is also less profitable than creating or building your own business like for example creating a new coin .

you just need to think of the uniqueness or the purpose of your coin so that it can attract more people . lastly , creating a coin nowadays are more easier ( you dont need a developer's course or a blockchain degree ) rather all you need to do is pay a few bucks for a service that will create your own coin .
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:02:10 AM

The world is full of cool ideas. Of course, the world of cryptocurrencies also needs many interesting solutions, but the attempts to introduce something by force usually end badly. The most important thing is to check if the idea works. Without this, projects usually fail.
we should have filtered all idea that coming to us.by filtering this idea we could find which best or worst idea to developt.so we create qualified content and application in our ico.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:00:09 AM

Not everyone is entitled to make his own coin. It will just turn out as a complete shitcoin. They'll just hire all the people they need to create the coin and then announce an ICO. The coin is just a copy of another and will get abandoned after finishing and collecting the raised amount. It's better if people that has no experienced on the field to just invest in ICOs.
vasilev456

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:26:33 AM

All that concerns cryptocurrency in one way or another carries enormous risks and it is always necessary to take into account whatever methods you choose!
ridhobagus2308

Activity: 358

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:39:18 AM

Of course creating new coin and new ICO is most promising than investing in ICO. Creating new coin and ICO is easy task, but its not that easy. the chalange is if you want your project to live in crypto market, you have to bring fresh idea or new feature that make your own coin worth to buy.
Maricurijohn

Activity: 294
Merit: 8

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:48:07 AM

To be successful, the first thing a product creates is to meet the needs of users in society, if it is a project involving violence I think will be difficult to succeed, because This is only for a small area of society and involves the government, in my opinion, the project will be unlikely to succeed.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:45:58 PM

For creating new coin you must be serious about the project, don't just create for the sake of raising money, but you should be determined to deliver a useful product to the public, for this you have to build a team from scratch need a lot of work & time to begin. You would also be needing some initial capital to pay for the team expenses etc.

On the other hand investing in an ICO is easy, you only need money & it is not time-consuming you just have to keep yourself updated about the coin so you can take right moves when to sell & when to buy again, apart from it initially you have to spend a lot of time to do research about ICO project you are going to invest.
ssuchy

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:01:56 PM

To be successful, the first thing a product creates is to meet the needs of users in society, if it is a project involving violence I think will be difficult to succeed, because This is only for a small area of society and involves the government, in my opinion, the project will be unlikely to succeed.
if we talk about the development of cryptocurrency and yo-yo popularization in all sectors of society, first of all we must take into account the views of governments. Not every government agrees to legalize cryptocurrencies in their country. There are still big problems with this.
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 09:14:40 PM

Spending money to create a new Ico from scratch is much more reasonable than making an investment in different Icos.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:25:29 PM

Making coins isn’t easy, you need a certain special skill and must have an experienced team to be trusted by others, sometimes a lot of new coins end up as a garbage (failed). We must think harder in making coins to gain profits.
The ICO for invest is no longer has good image because many ICOs are scam and make people hesitant to invest in the ICO. So now be careful to invest in the ICO to avoid scams and besides we need knowledge and a good analysis in order to avoid losses when investing and make profit.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:27:28 PM

Investors are all aware that most ICOs this year failed due to the bearish market. So, either way can be risky at the moment. Some successful ICOs become valueless even before they get listed on major exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: