Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:17:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 TH/S dragon miner. Has anyone tried it more than 24 hours?  (Read 8037 times)
greenalliancegroup (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:20:11 PM

I agree.  The 1 TH/S should not be anymore more 2500$. All the ASIC manufacturer out there are over charging. I hate to say this but coin craft should of never manufacture A1 Chips in China in order to save on cost. While charging its customers 5 GRAND. It shot its self in the foot. Coincraft also took the risk that manufacturing in China would lead to counterfeiting of there chips. Although coin craft probably got the chips for dirt cheap. ntekcomputers, I don't believe coin craft is really the victim. Its us who mine BTC.

I have no tolerance for counterfeiting. I want to be clear on that. Although for bitmine to take so long to produce a working machine when Diff is going up by the week and delaying delivery dates is not cool either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justbtcme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:26:50 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 11:26:31 PM by justbtcme

What a waste of money
greenalliancegroup (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:44:43 AM

I am wondering does the 1t dragon work on the same perimeters as the bitmain antminers? How is the login and the use of rasp pi.
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:58:50 AM

The 1TH 1kW 'Dragon' miners use a web interface on a Rasp Pi.  They run a custom version of cgminer, and use the API functions to refresh the web interface.

We've had a unit run for well over a week with no performance degradation and no heat issues.

Have a care when purchasing, but they are real miners that work well.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:56:54 PM

This 1TH/s miner is using illegal fake A1 Coincraft ASIC based miner produced in China. They are being sold on the black market in China illegally and without Bitmine's permission: http://bitmine.ch/?p=5178

IF YOU PURCHASE THIS MINER THEN YOU ARE PURCHASING COUNTERFEIT HARDWARE AND IN MOST Countries that is considered illegal. Just trying to warn people because we have spent a lot of money on genuine A1 Coincraft chips that we purchased directly from Bitmine at the end of January and we know how much they cost. There is NO WAY that the ones being sold in China for around $4000/miner are legit. It is ruining the Mining difficulty for everyone else for people in China to be stealing Bitmine's intellectual property and selling it for less than the bulk price directly from Bitmine.ch

There is no guarantee that those chips will perform to Bitmine's standards and they are definitely NOT real A1 ASIC chips. Check the price on Bitmine's website yourself for purchasing 500 chips. Their pricing is $43,750 for 500 chips which comes out to be $87.50/chip

How can people in China afford to sell 1TH/s Bitmine A1 Coincraft based miners with 40 chips per miner running between 25-30GH/s per chip for only $4,200 to 5,000? The 40 chips alone cost $3,500 (40*$87.50=$3,500)

This $3,500 bulk purchase cost of the 40 A1's from Bitmine does not include the cost of manufacturing PCB's, cases and the rest of the parts for PSU's, cooling, Raspberry Pi, etc...

The math does not add up so I would be VERY CAREFUL of buying those illegally produced A1 chips! It is like purchasing a fake iPhone. It may work for a little while but it is not the same quality as the real thing. Help stop this criminal activity by boycotting the sale of these fake A1 Coincraft chips from China.

You sir, are an idiot. And you are butthurt because now your miners are overpriced.

I can understand you feeling ripped off because you paid so much to a reseller of chinese chips (Bitmain) but to go around spreading falsehoods just so you can try and sell your, now, overpriced miners is idiotic.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
GiuseppeF

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:20:32 PM

+1 Grin
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:47:37 PM

You sir, are an idiot. And you are butthurt because now your miners are overpriced.

I can understand you feeling ripped off because you paid so much to a reseller of chinese chips (Bitmain) but to go around spreading falsehoods just so you can try and sell your, now, overpriced miners is idiotic.

Strange. Are you saying that chip development should be free or be considered to have zero value because... well the chips are right there now?

Odd.

C
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:07:19 PM

Strange. Are you saying that chip development should be free or be considered to have zero value because... well the chips are right there now?

Odd.

C

That's not what I am saying at all. What did I say that?

I'm sure the developer of the chips is making plenty of money in China.

The reseller of the chips in Switzerland already made their money fleecing their pre order customers and charging double price for the chips they are reselling to this parties.

All it is is one mans word against another. I'm just wondering why you would choose to believe the guy who is ripping everyone of and not delivering because he can't design a pcb to save his life, or the Chinese manufacturers who have been building, mining & shipping working miners since January.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:48:44 PM

All it is is one mans word against another. I'm just wondering why you would choose to believe the guy who is ripping everyone of and not delivering because he can't design a pcb to save his life, or the Chinese manufacturers who have been building, mining & shipping working miners since January.
Belief is irrelevant. If people contracted with a firm to produce chips, paid for development and design, then that firm does not have the right to give away/sell/whatever the resulting IP to anyone they wish. Now, I do not know the finer details of Chinese law or the appropriate terms in the agreement for these chips, however piracy of intellectual property is wrong.

You can consider it to be a moral, spiritual, what have you issue, but it is still wrong.

As for "pre sales" and the like, that is a completely separate and independent discussion from piracy. I have no interest in discussing that or confabulating the issues.

C

sudoku

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:23:04 PM

Mine has been hashing steadily at 1 TH/s. No issues so far.

1SudokuNgdzsYuANDinxUBwKgfyv5cptW
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:10:38 PM

Belief is irrelevant. If people contracted with a firm to produce chips, paid for development and design, then that firm does not have the right to give away/sell/whatever the resulting IP to anyone they wish. Now, I do not know the finer details of Chinese law or the appropriate terms in the agreement for these chips, however piracy of intellectual property is wrong.

You can consider it to be a moral, spiritual, what have you issue, but it is still wrong.

As for "pre sales" and the like, that is a completely separate and independent discussion from piracy. I have no interest in discussing that or confabulating the issues.

C

Of course its belief, you are choosing to believe Giorgio's story over Innosilicon's. Until there is a legal ruling all you have is guesswork and belief. If you stack Bitmine and their managements credibility up against Innosilicon's it makes even less sense.

greenalliancegroup (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:25:59 AM

Can someone give me run down how to setup 1T dragon miner and any one that interested out there. I just had hell of time getting bit burners running. Is the Rasp Pi with cgminer on the dragon miner as easy as the Antminer or BFL interface where you can connect right away or is there a lot of coding going on? Thanks
amanda2007520

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:38:19 AM

yes. we have working for 5 days with 100pcs. it is working steady.
greenalliancegroup (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:42:14 PM

how is setup for 1T miner? As person interested in the 1T miner. Is the software preinstalled to run this machine?
JointDoctor

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:47:46 PM

how is setup for 1T miner? As person interested in the 1T miner. Is the software preinstalled to run this machine?

Plug the power in.
Check your DHCP table for IP
Open browser
Enter IP adress
Enter web frontend  Grin

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
sudoku

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:05:23 PM

The IP should be displayed on lcd on the front of the miner.
Enter the ip address in your browser.
This should bring up the web interface.

Change the network information and click the green button.
Change the pool information and click the red button.

I had to clicked the buttons a couple of times to get it to take.

1SudokuNgdzsYuANDinxUBwKgfyv5cptW
greenalliancegroup (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:29:00 PM

Thanks Sudoku. This is what I am talking about. Does 1T dragon come with two 650w PSU or is it 1 1000w PSU. If the simplicity is as easy this. I got to buy one.

+1 to Sudoku
moo.over

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:42:33 PM

Does anyone know how to overclock this 1th miner?
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 06:30:55 PM

by the way - I heard from my guy in Singapore and he'd he happy to contact the factory and find out how much he can buy them for and ship to us.

he was an intern for us here on an exchange program when he was an MBA student at the Wharton School at U. Penn. He's a good guy and can be trusted for sure. His family is quite wealthy and he was a very hard working and humble guy.

pm me with the telephone number and he'll call the factory.

Jeff

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 06:47:22 PM

I would not trust any pre-installed software. decoding compiled code could yield the discovery that every 1 out of 100th has went to some strange stratum you did not enter.... hmmmm.

it's why I'd run an ip sniffer in front of it or just a firewall that only permits connections to know sources. I found a bunch of odd connections even on my gridseeds that I blocked.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: