Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:36:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth using the Stop Loss when the market is in the bottom?  (Read 243 times)
dhiraj0977

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 03:01:01 AM

Stop-Loss method is always beneficial and we should continue to do to increase our investment whether market is down or low,  particularly if we are doing trading.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:03:06 AM

I have used the stop loss to protect my investment, but with this market bleed, I have doubts if it is worth using Stop Loss. What do you think?

Terribly bad idea.

By doing this, you are already at a loss, and are doing nothing but locking-in your losses. If you truly believe in the value of your investment (and you should in the first place before investing) the smart move right now would probably to just hold and wait for the market cycle to uptrend.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
informattem

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:38:21 AM

Any market has its own unique rules, and it is impossible to stay the same. I personally think that when the market is at the bottom, it is the best opportunity to buy. You can consider portfolio investment. Long-term investment is the best way to get rich returns.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:00:51 AM

please use it just in case when prices fall far, set with a loss of 3% -5% because that is the ideal percentage for losses.
many people who don't put up stop losing and they regret when prices go down far, they think prices will rise again, so always install security on your assets
cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:17:46 AM

I personally think that in cryptocurrency market trading we don't need to set a stop loss.
As we know that cryptocurrency market keep on fluctuating.
klarkCent

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:02:59 AM

I think it should be used always, and tembolee in this market. after all it is better to lose 10% than to leave immediately in a minus 50%. and if you stop the los can be purchased at a lower price

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
zxl912157

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:07:03 AM

Don't be like that, because it's too deep to Stoploss.
Maybe you better StopLoss when Bitcoin estimates are reduced by about 3-5% in the wallet.
Because if Stoploss is below that there is a lot of loss.
viananda2525

Activity: 1022
Merit: 120

Cashback 15%

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:14:36 AM

I have used the stop loss to protect my investment, but with this market bleed, I have doubts if it is worth using Stop Loss. What do you think?

Hold your coins if you can't take bleeding. With the market like this, its inevitable to earn with your desired profit. Stop loss is good if you knew how to do it well.
in current market better to hold our asset.we could suffering lose if we cut loss meanwhile reached the lowest price and only wait to recovered to highest price again.

wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 02:51:49 AM

We will never know which level price become bottomed because when the price of crypto crash to 80% there are possibility the price crash again to 90% so that why we should be use stop loss whenever we make open potition. Even many altcoin was crashed to more than 90% so stop loss is very important to use and we should be discipline to use it any times we trade.

fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 02:56:02 AM

pretty good, but at least don't sell too fast. to cut loss, better hold and if you really have not dared to increase your investment. at least don't sell and keep holding.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:39:23 AM

Cutloss was commonly used by swing or day traders but for long term most people do is adding or buying more when market is going down to lower your average buying price. And if market is bottomed already I don't think cutloss is s good strategy to do maybe adding more or buying is the best thing to do to lower your average buying price
castiloros

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:52:20 AM

strategies that may be applied to either. However, when the market was already falling in too deep I guess it's too late to do. of course, it would be better when the hold of on should feel the loss of capital and will become accustomed to this if it is bad to be felt.
mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:03:52 AM

strategies that may be applied to either. However, when the market was already falling in too deep I guess it's too late to do. of course, it would be better when the hold of on should feel the loss of capital and will become accustomed to this if it is bad to be felt.
That's right, so if the price decreases while your funds are stuck at that high price, I suggest holding back the funds you have and not selling them at low prices, because the funds we have will get a big loss if you sell them at the lowest price. I think if you want to do a stop loss when the price drops only a few levels, not when the price has fallen so deeply.
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:28:20 AM

Cutloss was commonly used by swing or day traders but for long term most people do is adding or buying more when market is going down to lower your average buying price. And if market is bottomed already I don't think cutloss is s good strategy to do maybe adding more or buying is the best thing to do to lower your average buying price
Cut loss in long term trading will only make us waste time, and it is not good if coins that we hold for long time and we cutloss it, and then it's price climb back up. For me i will agree with people who said stop loss is good for daytrader.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:02:35 AM

I think is worth it using the Stop Loss to decrease the amount of losses money that we have. But you should consider the risk of regret that will happen if your coin price climbs back up after you are already using stop loss...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: