Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US markets have 2nd biggest pump in history  (Read 222 times)
jjjfff (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

Crypto.BI

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 09:57:01 PM

US markets displayed all the power of printing over 200 trillion U$ in debt

Banks have so much free money they can pump trillions of U$ in a single day.

This is the heavily regulated FED money phony capitalism they say is better than crypto.

Petroleum 10% pump

Dow jones 1000+ points pump in a single session.

This is the effect of inexistent value being printed into money. The markets go on without fundamentals, nobody knows why everything went up 10% today and nobody will know why the next crash will break a whole generation of market participants.

It's a ponzi scheme, new participants must work exponentially more to keep the system afloat.

Worse: these same people from the banking mafia say cryptos are a bubble!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
netto7

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:00:58 PM

Dow jones 1000+ points  next station crypto pump and dump
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:39:32 PM

It reminds me of the crypto market after Bitcoin starts pumping due to a short squeeze.  Cheesy

The fact that Gold hasn't reacted to these massive gains in a negative manner tells me that those who are moving to Gold don't believe in this suckers increase, which I can perfectly understand. Obviously, more time needs to pass in order to see the actual effect of today's pump on Gold, but as long as Gold doesn't give a single damn, the probability of this pump being temporary is on the higher side.

Either way, this pump is nothing in comparison to how much market cap the stocks lost in the last couple of months. It's a tiny drop in a massive bucket.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:08:54 AM

This is the heavily regulated FED money phony capitalism they say is better than crypto.

Petroleum 10% pump

This is the effect of inexistent value being printed into money. The markets go on without fundamentals, nobody knows why everything went up 10% today and nobody will know why the next crash will break a whole generation of market participants.

the ongoing spat between trump and the FED over interest rates was adding a risk premium to the market. shortly before christmas, trump was reportedly toying with the idea of firing the FED chairman. one of his aides confirmed earlier today that the FED chairman's job is safe, which may have priced in some of that risk premium mentioned earlier.

really though, i think the market just needed a correction. markets never move in a straight line. the 10% bounce today could be nothing more than a dead cat bounce considering the losses over the past few weeks. bear markets are full of bounces.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:22:57 AM

Debt has certainly been fueling a lot of growth in the economy, and growth that has probably been excessive and unsustainable in certain sectors.

But a short term rebound doesn't really say much about the entire state of things.

In fact, these types of rallies in price are quite common across all asset classes, especially when they have been experiencing dropping values for a while now. It doesn't mean that it will continue into the long term at all.

But you're right about the current system being so reliant on debt in order to function, and in my opinion there will only be a matter of time before the next financial crisis hits. The best thing that you can do right now to insure yourself against that type of event would be to invest in decentralized, store of value assets such as bitcoin, which isn't influenced by the debt financing that is going on within the fiat world.

Smiley
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:43:39 AM

Petroleum 10% pump

It's a ponzi scheme, new participants must work exponentially more to keep the system afloat.

Worse: these same people from the banking mafia say cryptos are a bubble!

As because they also have the biggest people that could ever manipulate the market and make people go greedy about it.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:46:10 PM

If you look at the decline in the days before, and then add the gains booked yesterday, the market has technically only seen a 2 or so % gain. It's just a matter of time before we'll get to see the market fall back to its previous points.

What I find even more funny are the reactions of people under the videos of news outlets calling it a fake pump and so forth. Not sure if they are crypto peeps (probably so) or regular folks hoped to see their shorts fill nicely.

In all honesty, a pump like this would worry me more than if we would have fallen down a bit more, because it's too artificial and the volumes in certain fields weren't even that high. Low volume increases mostly don't last very long.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1622

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:27:36 PM

When i look at SPX at 15 min chart it looks like bitcoin in 18-12k range. Investors running from depression to euphoria in 30 min. Even after this huge pump we will continue to fall and eat that pump in next 2 sessions.
armarsterling7

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:32:45 PM

The crypto market is a bubble but I like it. simply because it can help me get rich soon in this market. I am too familiar with predicting people's psychology and actions and this is my strength.
I rarely have a loss of capital during a trading week. Because I always choose the right time to buy USDT.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:47:43 PM

Are there any significant markets that exist that are truly free from artificial gains? If you're in the position of the FED and you can print more money to keep the economy afloat for a few more years then what's the real negative in that. As long as they can convince their debtors that they'll one day repay then there's little harm.

jjjfff (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto.BI

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:51:42 PM

Losing 50% of yesterday's gains (WTF?) today.

If this isn't classic pump and dump, nothing is.

200+ trillion dollars in debt printed by the FED. Inexistent value, money printed for bankers who will never pay it back, ever. It's impossible to pay 200 trillion U$.

The markets are rigged.

davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 06:43:07 AM

200+ trillion dollars in debt printed by the FED. Inexistent value, money printed for bankers who will never pay it back, ever. It's impossible to pay 200 trillion U$.

The markets are rigged.

I can't agree that 200 trillions USD are printed.It's way less than 200 trillion,but with fractial reserve banking,the banks can multiply it to 200 trillion.Anyway,the system is just rotten.It's ridiculous to know that the markets depend so much of the FED or rumors that FED's chairman being fired or not.

jjjfff (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto.BI

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:31:56 AM

The markets are rigged.

I can't agree that 200 trillions USD are printed.It's way less than 200 trillion,but with fractial reserve banking,the banks can multiply it to 200 trillion.Anyway,the system is just rotten.It's ridiculous to know that the markets depend so much of the FED or rumors that FED's chairman being fired or not.

Good point about fractional reserve.

It's even worse than the FED printing all that money (which would be insured by the FED), it's private banks emitting debt based on money that doesn't even exist!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: