Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain education at Universities  (Read 156 times)
Alisa014 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:30:47 PM

Hi guys! I just saw this article: https://coinedtimes.com/how-formal-blockchain-education-could-help-crypto-adoption/ and I think it is great that some universities involve formal blockchain education! What do you think? Would you go and listen to some crypto subjects at your University? Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:29:09 AM

Blockchain technology is the future so it's a great news that schools are starting to add it to their curriculum now, but maybe they should start teaching about blockchain in High School or at least the 5th graders onwards. Teaching a 5-year old or 2nd and 3rd graders may be too early for blockchain education. Universities should also add blockchain education in their curriculum, like Statistics and Algebra and things like that.
Alisa014 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:51:39 AM

Blockchain technology is the future so it's a great news that schools are starting to add it to their curriculum now, but maybe they should start teaching about blockchain in High School or at least the 5th graders onwards. Teaching a 5-year old or 2nd and 3rd graders may be too early for blockchain education. Universities should also add blockchain education in their curriculum, like Statistics and Algebra and things like that.

I agree, the earlier you start to educate children about blockchain technology, the faster they will use it in real life and implement in different areas!
JerryTG

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:27:47 PM

I think it's absolutely great. There are so many young enthusiasts who are putting so much time and energy into crypto and studying it on a higher level is so beneficial not only for them for the whole crypto world in general. And there are already quite a lot of research papers written as the final dissertation so no wonder that universities are starting to put this into their curriculum.

After all, there's already a possibility to study Kardashians on a university level so it's about time blockchain is also an option  Grin
Alisa014 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:13:09 PM

I think it's absolutely great. There are so many young enthusiasts who are putting so much time and energy into crypto and studying it on a higher level is so beneficial not only for them for the whole crypto world in general. And there are already quite a lot of research papers written as the final dissertation so no wonder that universities are starting to put this into their curriculum.

After all, there's already a possibility to study Kardashians on a university level so it's about time blockchain is also an option  Grin

Haha the best comment!
Serena_M

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:29:47 PM
Merited by ATMD (2)

From my own experience I know that quite a few universities encourage their students to go and listen to different conferences  and discussions on the subject. There are also several Erasmus + programmes like youth exchanges that are tech related with the emphasises on blockchain. But this is a big surprise that they now also offer a proper educational program now. Of course, would have happened sooner or later as this is such a popular topic and people really want to get their head around this.

●● PrepayWay〚✙〛 | The New Paradigm of International Business ●●
╘══╡Simple Solution For Complex Processes╞══╛
SCheek
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 04:10:42 PM

Hi guys! I just saw this article: https://coinedtimes.com/how-formal-blockchain-education-could-help-crypto-adoption/ and I think it is great that some universities involve formal blockchain education! What do you think? Would you go and listen to some crypto subjects at your University? Smiley

I go to Exeter University and increasingly you're seeing more and more blockchain news. Admittedly we saw more last December, however we still see a significant amount now. We have speakers and other things coming in as well.

All our financial based societies do crypto presentations from time to time too.

Computer science also learn about making blockchains etc.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: