Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: india's new cryptocurrency  (Read 510 times)
Alia Rojas

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:48:08 AM

This is a good move. It's a good news for the development of the cryptocurrency itself. Hopefully with this we can sort out what's really good to invest.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:07:30 AM

Eventually all coins will launch their own cryptocurrency. If venezuela succeeds in turning around their economy with the petro you can guarantee that everyone else will follow, especially those with struggling economies

Nikolas Brown

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:23:55 AM

Its good they are looking into blockchain technology. Its a surprising news just after the ban of the cryptocurrency by their Government and Reserve Bank. Hope to hear more about it.
vonnyaries

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:48:53 AM

wow if india want to make their own cryptocurrencies, india will be lead in the cryptocurreny because after they accept bitcoin they will makes their own cryptrocurrency, so i think we can see a good news in here, its not for india but all country in the world woll affected because of this news

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:35:02 PM

they are just digitizing their national currency and naming it Crypto - and I bet it will be heavily centralized, to track every financial movement of the citizens.
Darz299

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:52:06 PM

cryptocurenccy as a decentralized currency. If the government adopts cryptocurenccy, then I think it will eliminate the cryptorurenccy concept. Because the government will implement regulatory regulations such as fiat money.
jhonvir666

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:24:25 PM

on july 28, 2018 The Indian government has reported completion of the draft regulatory framework for cryptocurrency. It's good news also that A New Indian Express wrote on Saturday that their government is "likely to issue guidelines in a September cryptocurrency." If this is their regulation we can not do that anymore. it's a very good news for the development of the crypto currency itself, hopefully that will help it in a way that's really good to invest
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:34:16 PM

cryptocurenccy as a decentralized currency. If the government adopts cryptocurenccy, then I think it will eliminate the cryptorurenccy concept. Because the government will implement regulatory regulations such as fiat money.

Remember that not all cryptocoins are decentralized, some of them are actually regulated or controlled by someone, so I think India would make its own cryptocurrency regulated, however there are lots of pros and cons with a regulated crypto, lets just hope that India will do well.
Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:39:43 PM

Yes, I can only hope that this provides an opportunity for other countries who want to consider those who want to reject cryptocurrency. if you don't accept bitcoin, at least they support the existence of cryptocurrency by making their country's currency in the crypto version
Thinkable999

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:22:13 PM

It makes little to no difference in foregoing of the general crypto market. If every country tries to create their own crypto then it will only create havoc.
rickn

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:27:53 PM

They banned crypto trading just to develop and avoid competition with its national cryptocurrency
Crypto one

Activity: 221
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:29:48 PM

I see this as a very good news, if the government can prove to the population that crypto currency works, then more people will get interested into crypto currency and many of them will try to get hands on the only real crypto currency anyone needs to have some of, Bitcoins.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:43:19 PM

India is going to launch its own cryptocurrency.

A panel constituted by India’s finance ministry might soon recommend that the country launch a government-backed cryptocurrency.

“We are evaluating the government-backed cryptocurrency and crypto-token,” said a senior government official privy to the discussions of the panel. “And we are looking to develop and encourage our own research and development of blockchain technology,” the official added, referring to the digital infrastructure on which cryptocurrencies are based.

The finance ministry panel was set up in December 2017 under Subhash Chandra Garg, secretary, department of economic affairs, to suggest measures to regulate cryptocurrencies. The panel was supposed to submit its report by July, which was later pushed to the end of the year.

I doubt any such things are happeneing. It is the committee set up to explore blockchain technology and not for creating India's own cryptocurrency. I don't know which news portal broke that news, but it fake to the core without any solid back ground!!

The effort has been going on to explore and use blockchain technology in land records and energy sector. But no discussion regarding own crypto is ongoing for sure!

kalui.sam

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:14:25 PM

A panel constituted by India’s finance ministry might soon recommend that the country launch a government-backed cryptocurrency.

“We are evaluating the government-backed cryptocurrency and crypto-token,” said a senior government official privy to the discussions of the panel. “And we are looking to develop and encourage our own research and development of blockchain technology,” the official added, referring to the digital infrastructure on which cryptocurrencies are based.

The finance ministry panel was set up in December 2017 under Subhash Chandra Garg, secretary, department of economic affairs, to suggest measures to regulate cryptocurrencies. The panel was supposed to submit its report by July, which was later pushed to the end of the year.

Lol sounds interesting. However, it might affect the principal of decentralization of crypto. Let's see how it goes.
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:21:06 PM

Hello,

I don’t heard before that India is crypto fan country. It is good for general knowing and acceptance about crypto but I really don’t understand what is the purpose for a country and furthermore how it could behave with country’s fiat. I understand that it could be less subject to devaluation but if fiat is in bad mood with low trust how could the crypto be different ?
anshkumandhan
Copper Member

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:35:11 AM

The intention of the Indian government to make its own crypto currency is a positive step. This means that crypto currency in India will not be restricted. That would be a good step, and also a good news for developing crypto currency. Because if the government adopts a crypto currency, then I think this will encourage the concept of crypto currency as a decentralized currency and it will be of great benefit in future.
xtrump101

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

$onion

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 04:47:44 AM

this could have been the reason why india banning bitcoin because they cant control it so they will create their own that they have control of, anyway can you provide link on this statement? that would be interesting to read..
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:02:03 AM

The intention of the Indian government to make its own crypto currency is a positive step. This means that crypto currency in India will not be restricted. That would be a good step, and also a good news for developing crypto currency. Because if the government adopts a crypto currency, then I think this will encourage the concept of crypto currency as a decentralized currency and it will be of great benefit in future.

creation of a centralized coin by the government doesn't mean freedom of decentralized cryptocurrencies at all.
in fact you don't know what their government is going to do. they may end up feeling the need to force their centralized coin on their people and to do that they may ban anything else so that people don't have any other option but their coin.

Only Bitcoin
Wewstyroia

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:07:23 AM

what different other laxmicoin?
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:33:35 AM

creation of a centralized coin by the government doesn't mean freedom of decentralized cryptocurrencies at all.
in fact you don't know what their government is going to do. they may end up feeling the need to force their centralized coin on their people and to do that they may ban anything else so that people don't have any other option but their coin.
You should not be so categorically negative about the government of India in relation to cryptocurrency. The commission created by them came to the conclusion that the cryptocurrency can be used as a means of payment. They sent their representatives to gain experience in regulating cryptocurrency in countries with a friendly attitude to cryptocurrency. I see that in India only the Reserve Bank is very negative about cryptocurrency.
In the intention to release my centralized cryptocurrency, I do not see anything wrong. This will only increase the interest of the Indian population in the decentralized cryptocurrency, if they see that the state itself creates its own cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: