Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:47:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO market statistics. September 2018.  (Read 718 times)
Tuwierun (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:17:22 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

The guys from the Suicide Ventures shared the ICO market statistics for September 2018. Not advertising, just a link to the authors. I just do not know if someone from the fund is sitting here and spreading info, so I decided to share with everyone who is interested.

So.

1. In September, 90 ICOs were held (excluding pre-ico), which is 17 more than in August, but the final dynamics during the year is negative.

2. Only 20% ICOs completed successfully, 80% failed. Over the past 3 months, nothing has changed - the overall dynamics during the year is negative.

3. The amount of funds raised with the help of ICO in September is $ 290 million, which is 42% less than in August. This is the worst figure this year. Dynamics - negative.

4. Successful ICOs attracted $ 223 million of the total fees, unsuccessful projects collected $ 67 million, which is 50% less than in August.

5. Top 10 ICOs. The undisputed leader is the Genexi project, which brought together almost 2 times the size of the nearest “pursuer”. The total amount of fees top ten - $ 181 million.

6. Just one project raised more than $20 million.

7. More than 90% of Hard Cap was able to fellow only 11% of ICO. From 10% to 90% - 27% ICO. 62% of ICO ended in complete failure, not collecting more than 10% of the Hard Cap.

Here are such disappointing statistics.
We fall.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NortenBank

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:47:30 PM

I believe that there is nothing bad. Any fall leads to transformation and change for the better. Preparing for a new stage.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:27:44 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

So there are less ICOs and they are raising less money? Good. The vast majority of ICOs have either a woefully naive and unprepared team behind them with no product or real world use, or are an outright scam designed only to rip people off. ICOs make the whole of crypto look like a scam to the outside world.

The sooner we stop throwing our money away at these trash projects, the better.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:43:51 PM

Obviously the downfall in raising good funds by the icos is due to bearish sentiment in the market and that has caused slowness in the market the investors and traders are not able to generate profits rather they are facing losses that is why funds are dried up from ico market as well, im sure situation will improve once market recovers.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
trofim21

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:54:34 PM

I have already ceased to believe all predictions, because no one can predict correctly, you just have to wait sooner or later the market will grow and we will get our profit Wink
Tuwierun (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:01:56 PM

I have already ceased to believe all predictions, because no one can predict correctly, you just have to wait sooner or later the market will grow and we will get our profit Wink

The best is ahead definitely.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:06:44 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

Many thanks to the author for this article, it is interesting and useful information. I am very pleased that most of the ICO projects could not collect the necessary amount of money, because most of the projects are direct frauds. But the decline in activity is not due to the fact that people are even more literate when choosing a project for investment, it’s just that many of their crypto portfolios have dropped very much, they simply don’t have enough money to invest. I am sure that when the market enters the growth stage again, the ICO will again attract huge funds.
I hope that people will become smarter and will not give their money to scammers!
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:18:16 PM

But the decline in activity is not due to the fact that people are even more literate when choosing a project for investment, it’s just that many of their crypto portfolios have dropped very much, they simply don’t have enough money to invest. I am sure that when the market enters the growth stage again, the ICO will again attract huge funds.

Unfortunately I suspect you are right. There are still plenty of "great project" idiots on every ICO thread - I have no doubt they would be sending their money off in to the abyss if they could afford it.

The ones who have been burnt the hardest by ICO scams are probably that bit wiser, but when the next bull market comes along there will be ten new idiots willing to lose money for every one that has learnt their lesson.

It's a sad state of affairs.
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:33:01 PM

But the decline in activity is not due to the fact that people are even more literate when choosing a project for investment, it’s just that many of their crypto portfolios have dropped very much, they simply don’t have enough money to invest. I am sure that when the market enters the growth stage again, the ICO will again attract huge funds.

Unfortunately I suspect you are right. There are still plenty of "great project" idiots on every ICO thread - I have no doubt they would be sending their money off in to the abyss if they could afford it.

The ones who have been burnt the hardest by ICO scams are probably that bit wiser, but when the next bull market comes along there will be ten new idiots willing to lose money for every one that has learnt their lesson.

It's a sad state of affairs.
In any case, the presence of a large number of fraudsters among the company’s ico, as well as the poor state of the cryptocurrency market, are taking away investments from the company’s ico market. It is much more profitable to buy real tokens and coins on the stock exchanges, rather than risk your money on company ico in time.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 06:39:19 PM

More than 1K of ICOs in 9 months and 200 of them being funded. The number 200 is even huge for a 9 month period.
It's not that ICOs are not raising money, good ICO project had proved themselves even in current situation of price depression.
It's time to rethink before jumping in to start an ICO.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 07:43:18 PM

That are some interesting statistics. Do you maybe have a link for the statistics for the last year (mainly from summer till end of the year). I would be interesting to compare the two stats and see the differences.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:56:59 PM

This is not surprised me, because it is conceivable that ICO can't do well in September. Because September was the worst month for the crypto in this year, The Ethereum price went down to the lowest level! That is why the whole cryptocurrency market came in a big crisis and most of the people stuck doing anything! Investors stopped investing, many traders stopped trading and so on like this! But I think October month will be better than August! Bitdepositary, Neluns, Urunit ICOs are ending in October and they raised a big amount of money!

Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:09:07 PM

This is arguably one of the best analyses I've read this month and it really gladdens my heart that a great percentage of ICOs were unable to raised the desired funds, especially as a greater majority of them were scam projects. I really wish those who contributed money were refunded, but I equally know that for scam ICOs none of that will happen. I just hope that people are increasingly circumspect with investments in so called ICOs that get churned out daily.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:28:28 PM

That are some interesting statistics. Do you maybe have a link for the statistics for the last year (mainly from summer till end of the year). I would be interesting to compare the two stats and see the differences.
If we analyze the results of the majority of Bounty companies, as well as the current state of the cryptocurrency market, then the market and its companies are definitely falling from what is first of June 2018. The fact is that the investment attractiveness of the company's ico market has declined very significantly.
olgahappy

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:01:58 PM

good job, very visual. Yes, it is very sad that so few successful projects. what do you think will happen next, do not want to make predictions? I will be interested to read about it
Desmozgenes

Activity: 392
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:06:56 PM

Very interesting data,thank you for sharing it.

But not at all surprising,when you cosndier current maket situation,and also the fact that so many people got burned before,throwng their money at shitty ICOs.Market is developing and i think those days when every shitty ICO with interesting idea and whitepaper managed to reach hard cap are long gone,and wont come back.Hopefully.
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:23:05 PM

interesting preparation of the data, thanks! the numbers confirm my suspicion that the fraudulent icos are destroying the ico market.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:26:13 PM

From the infographics I'm worried about the money that was collected into the projects that were not successful which is $237M which is so so much.
Imagine that most of the investors have their money locked there and who knows when will they get their money back and how much they will lose.
The ICO trend undoubtedly is going down and people are not trusting the ICO market anymore and the cryptomarket at all.
Checkoi

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:30:50 PM

nothing good from such a bear in terms of startups and should not have been expected. this is normal and we will recover do not worry

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:44:38 PM

Since the market are down specifically on stock market we can't move forward. As long the government agree on Etf. Money will pour into crypto and we can see alot of ICO's that are booming again.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: