Bitcoin Forum
April 10, 2024, 09:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy beef with bitcoins  (Read 25548 times)
andelin (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:07:11 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 11:44:17 PM by andelin
Merited by TECSHARE (5)

I raise pasture fed angus beef in Missouri. To buy with bitcoins directly from the farm, e mail me at andelinpaul@hotmail.com. I am working on a website. I think this is a quality product.

I  have been raising beef cattle in Missouri for over 20 years. I recently started offering  sale of USDA inspected Angus and Angus/Maine Anjou crossed beef directly to the consumer. These cattle are raised on the “family farm” from birth on open pasture. They are never “dry lotted”. They are never treated with growth stimulants. Antibiotics are only used judiciously and never close to the time of slaughter.
 Both the Angus and the Maine Anjou breeds offer superb quality. Crossing these two breeds yields excellent “hybrid vigor” and delicious meat on the table.
 Currently we offer different cuts of meat as detailed on our website  (andelinlivestock.com) and as noted on this thread above.
  We currently can accept BTC, litecoin, infinitecoin, and many other cryptocurrencies. You can pay directly on the website using bitcoin, or you can private message me to arrange payment with other cryptos.
  If you order beef by the side ( about 200 lbs) , by the quarter ( about 100 lbs) or by the eighth ( about 50 lbs) you may receive a considerable discount. Beef ordered in this manner is usually about 50% ground beef  30% roasts and 20% steaks.
  If you order far enough ahead, we can accommodate custom cuts of meat.
   The beef is shipped in insulated containers with dry ice. Delivery is in 2-3 days . Within the continental U.S. shipping cost is 25.00 plus 1.50/lb. Shipping dates are usually two times per month and are posted. If you need a shipment earlier than the usual time, please let me know and we will try to accommodate.
   There are several customer reviews on the thread if you want to peruse through. There are some photos as well.
  Please post or pm any questions.
  Thanks.

You may check out the website: www.andelinlivestock.com. Please pm me or email at andelinpaul@hotmail.com or message me through the website if you want to pay with bitcoin.
 Thanks,
Paul A

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:09:42 AM

Uhm, seems like we lack a bit of information regarding this beef in this thread. Mind being a bit more specific about what it is, how it's produced, perhaps some pictures of your animal's living conditions, the end product, shipping information, proof about the quality, etc.
Nobody will just buy meat from someone like this, lol.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
havanabob

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:59:51 AM

I agree with apsvinet that you'd better to write more information about the beef as now it can tell us anything except it is a beef
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:29:23 PM

atleast the fudge scam had some info about the fudge this guy is not even trying
PRJGen_bit

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:36:32 PM

atleast the fudge scam had some info about the fudge this guy is not even trying

wow, you're a real charmer-

OP,  this is a GREAT idea and you should pursue it!  Make a website and you'd be one of the first to offer real Angus.  Love to buy some from you sometime.
notserp
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:43:00 PM

so much scammers on this site and when they start the thread off like this with no info at all just email me im pretty sure this is gonna be a scam well see
apsvinet

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:01:50 PM

so much scammers on this site and when they start the thread off like this with no info at all just email me im pretty sure this is gonna be a scam well see
Hah I guess you're right, he should've bloody answered by now if he tried to run a serious bussiness.

icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:47:17 PM

I raise pasture fed angus beef in Missouri. To buy with bitcoins directly from the farm, e mail me at andelinpaul@hotmail.com. I am working on a website. I think this is a quality product.

Sold! Where shall I send my BTC?
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:14:44 PM

I have been raising beef cattle for over twenty years in southwest missouri. I had the idea of doing some direct selling of beef to the consumer. In the past, my cattle get sold at the local stockyards. I always raise my own for family use. Some of my friends have said that the meat is really good. This is actually the first time I have ever done a blog. I suppose I am a bit behind the times that way. I was actually interest in feedback as to suggestions. My son is helping me start a website at https://test.andelinlivestock.com. Does anyone think there would be much interest in buying beef for bitcoins? I thought I would put up photos of the farm, discuss details regarding how the animals are raised etc and perhaps some testimonials. Do you think it is important to be able to order directly on the website vs having a contact e mail or phone number. The meat is USDA inspected and would be shipped frozen. Any suggestions on how to guarantee satisfaction? I thought I could request payment after delivery. I am willing to take that risk since I imagine that most people are basically honest. How much lead time do you think people want on an order. Now if someone wants a side of beef, I make an appointment to haul him to the butcher, then they have to process the meat, which takes about two weeks. If I were to get a lot of interest I would butcher animals a head of time. I thought I woulf offer a significant discount for buying in bulk...that is 1/2 of an animal at a time. That equals about 250 lb of meat.
  Do you think I should offer some free steaks or roasts initially to provoke interest?
   What cuts are most people interested in? Current pricing plans are about 6.00 per pound for hamburger, 15.00 per pound for steaks and about 10.00 for roasts on average plus shipping. This is meat that, I believe to be superb quality. The calves are in the pasture. They are fed on grass, hay and some corn. The only antibiotics given are short term for illness. They do not go to a feed lot. They are treated as humanely as I know how. I raise angus cattle and I have recently started crossbreeding with the Maine anjou breed. Both breeds are excellent for meat quality and marbling.  The cross, I think , really leads to a quality product. Anyway, any advise on pricing? ? I plan to have the web site up and hope to be able to deliver in about 6 weeks.
  Any input from anyone interested is much appreciated, particularly in what I can do to built a reputation of trust.
  I became interested in bitcoin about a year ago. I noticed that someone in Australia is accepting bitcoins for beef...hence my interest
notserp
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:35:36 PM

maybe this is not a scam

you should use escrow dont send the meat first to just any member

i would try some free steaks but shipping might be alot to hawaii
codingsalmon

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:43:40 PM

I have purchased steaks, hamburgers, and roast from andelin in the past, and can attest to the meat being superb.  I realize that the knee jerk reaction to his initial post is to think scam, and if I didn't know him or his product I would say the same thing.  Truth is andelin is by his own admission not a tech guru.  He is a farmer who has an big interest in bitcoin, and raises awesome cattle.  What he is trying to do is see is it worth his time to set up a site and bitcoin purchasing or not.  He makes good money selling cattle the normal way, so if there is no interest then no point in putting forth the expense and effort on the new venture.
I also, realize that in looking how I am new to the forum and have no previous posts it is hard for skeptics to take my recommendation seriously.  I would say to wait for his site to come up with pictures and reserve judgement.  Answer his query with the perspective of "If there were a legit beef seller who took bitcoin would you be interested".  If the answer is yes tell him so.  If you are not interested then that is fine too.  Only time will prove that he is legit or not (spoiler alert he is).  

I would give andelin one piece of advice and that is not to ship beef without payment.  As I said just please answer his original question of would you be interested.  It costs you no BTC to answer.

Agree with the shipping advice - to factor that into the payment of course.
BitcoinQTlol

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:45:02 PM

ill buy some steaks to rub on my titties.
apsvinet

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:21:52 AM

I have purchased steaks, hamburgers, and roast from andelin in the past, and can attest to the meat being superb.  I realize that the knee jerk reaction to his initial post is to think scam, and if I didn't know him or his product I would say the same thing.  Truth is andelin is by his own admission not a tech guru.  He is a farmer who has an big interest in bitcoin, and raises awesome cattle.  What he is trying to do is see is it worth his time to set up a site and bitcoin purchasing or not.  He makes good money selling cattle the normal way, so if there is no interest then no point in putting forth the expense and effort on the new venture.
I also, realize that in looking how I am new to the forum and have no previous posts it is hard for skeptics to take my recommendation seriously.  I would say to wait for his site to come up with pictures and reserve judgement.  Answer his query with the perspective of "If there were a legit beef seller who took bitcoin would you be interested".  If the answer is yes tell him so.  If you are not interested then that is fine too.  Only time will prove that he is legit or not (spoiler alert he is).  

I would give andelin one piece of advice and that is not to ship beef without payment.  As I said just please answer his original question of would you be interested.  It costs you no BTC to answer.

Agree with the shipping advice - to factor that into the payment of course.
Hahaha.
A 1 post account created today, that posted 6 minutes after being created just assured us that the other newbie account seller that refuses to provide any information whatsoever about his product is legitimate.
Thanks mate, I'll have some beef.

Thyatis

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:33:04 AM

I have been raising beef cattle for over twenty years in southwest missouri. I had the idea of doing some direct selling of beef to the consumer. In the past, my cattle get sold at the local stockyards. I always raise my own for family use. Some of my friends have said that the meat is really good. This is actually the first time I have ever done a blog. I suppose I am a bit behind the times that way. I was actually interest in feedback as to suggestions. My son is helping me start a website at https://test.andelinlivestock.com. Does anyone think there would be much interest in buying beef for bitcoins? I thought I would put up photos of the farm, discuss details regarding how the animals are raised etc and perhaps some testimonials. Do you think it is important to be able to order directly on the website vs having a contact e mail or phone number. The meat is USDA inspected and would be shipped frozen. Any suggestions on how to guarantee satisfaction? I thought I could request payment after delivery. I am willing to take that risk since I imagine that most people are basically honest. How much lead time do you think people want on an order. Now if someone wants a side of beef, I make an appointment to haul him to the butcher, then they have to process the meat, which takes about two weeks. If I were to get a lot of interest I would butcher animals a head of time. I thought I woulf offer a significant discount for buying in bulk...that is 1/2 of an animal at a time. That equals about 250 lb of meat.
  Do you think I should offer some free steaks or roasts initially to provoke interest?
   What cuts are most people interested in? Current pricing plans are about 6.00 per pound for hamburger, 15.00 per pound for steaks and about 10.00 for roasts on average plus shipping. This is meat that, I believe to be superb quality. The calves are in the pasture. They are fed on grass, hay and some corn. The only antibiotics given are short term for illness. They do not go to a feed lot. They are treated as humanely as I know how. I raise angus cattle and I have recently started crossbreeding with the Maine anjou breed. Both breeds are excellent for meat quality and marbling.  The cross, I think , really leads to a quality product. Anyway, any advise on pricing? ? I plan to have the web site up and hope to be able to deliver in about 6 weeks.
  Any input from anyone interested is much appreciated, particularly in what I can do to built a reputation of trust.
  I became interested in bitcoin about a year ago. I noticed that someone in Australia is accepting bitcoins for beef...hence my interest

this sounds interesting.

I think for bitcoins u need to do like the upper scale side of things. I.e. Ribeye bone In, filet etc be very specific.

small quantities yo a person easier shipping.  For example I wouldn't spend bitcoin on meat I can get at a supermarket.

allow me to buy "Kobe" or one of its DNA breed version I would do that.

I would be happy to pay on delivery and sample your steaks if u would like to do that.  I am a trusted member on the forum and would be happy to do photos etc.

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:47:27 AM

Thanks for your responses. If any of you who responded want, I will send you a couple of sample steaks or roasts. It will be the week of March 16. I just need to get a shipping address. No charge for the meat and I will pay for shipping. It will be valuable for me as "market research" and, hopefully help with the issue of credibility. I will appreciate the feedback. I will have to see if shipping to Hawaii is possible and if so I will send you some there as well.
 How is the best way to get me your shipping address? Do you want to email me?
  Thanks for the in put.
BitcoinQTlol

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:53:22 AM

Thanks for your responses. If any of you who responded want, I will send you a couple of sample steaks or roasts. It will be the week of March 16. I just need to get a shipping address. No charge for the meat and I will pay for shipping. It will be valuable for me as "market research" and, hopefully help with the issue of credibility. I will appreciate the feedback. I will have to see if shipping to Hawaii is possible and if so I will send you some there as well.
  Thanks for the in put.

Do u sell dog meat?
notserp
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:22:10 AM

Thanks for the in put.

if u will ship a free sample to hawaii ill just pm u my addy when needed thanks
apsvinet

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:26:15 PM

To the OP: You're starting to seem a lot more trustworthy now that you updated with some more information, and that's the biggest step when you're trying to start a business. Best of luck with your beef. Smiley

bitvestor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:14:20 PM

ill buy some steaks to rub on my titties.

Was it a transplant?
apsvinet

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:50:38 PM

Thanks for the in put.

Do u sell dog meat?
Ewww man, take that somewhere else. Dog meat is taboo in the western world, do not eat our friends.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: