Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:44:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy beef with bitcoins  (Read 25548 times)
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 03:43:40 PM

OK - thank you sir.
I am realizing USPS is not going to be dependable enough. I am investigating Fed ex and UPS. Anyone have any useful experience with either?

We are starting to use FedEx more.  They have some flat rate shipping options that might work better for you with the heavy weights you will be sending.
Not sure if that is the best solution, but that is where I would start looking.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:05:35 PM

After reading that review on the roast and seeing all of those pictures, I just wonder to myself........ Why is it not April 7th yet! That looks absolutely amazing!! I can not wait to get a chance to try a few different cuts.

I really agree.  I am just a little sad I didn't jump earlier and get more stuff.  That said I am ordering a chateaubriand, bone in ribeyes, and ground beef.  Like I said in my post, for grass fed beef, you really need the ribeye, tenderloin, or to grind the beef.  I was really happy with the roast, it turned out great.  Even for 3 hours of slow braising I wouldn't have expected grass fed beef to be that tender.

NotoriousBIT

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:16:34 AM

I look to be ordering from you in the (somewhat) near future.  Did you ever get a website up or is contact still via email?
andelin (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:56:54 AM

I look to be ordering from you in the (somewhat) near future.  Did you ever get a website up or is contact still via email?
we have a website that we are still adding to but you can check it out: www.andelinlivestock.com.
Will be posting a pricing list and shipping information by 09:00 April 7.
  I am taking a nice steer to be processed on April 7. Meat will be ready for shipping about April 23. I have a group of steers ready over the next few months and have several scheduled in April, May and June. If you know generally what type of cuts you might want it might help me to know ahead of time. Thanks
Paul Andelin
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:31:30 AM

Can you provide an acceptable inspection certificate for import into Japan?

Moving to Puerto Rico...
andelin (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:20:59 PM

I had not seriously thought of sending overseas. I am not sure of the legal requirements, not to mention shipping costs. Do you seriously think that there would be interest in Japan?
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:29:11 AM

just received my replacement shipment nice and frozen but im sure it wasnt cheap for one day shipping to hawaii thankyou
andelin (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:32:00 AM

just received my replacement shipment nice and frozen but im sure it wasnt cheap for one day shipping to hawaii thankyou
you re welcome! I hope you enjoy.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:49:14 AM

roasts and sirloins please!
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:22:12 AM

I'm not really a beef connoisseur.  I mean I love my bacon wrapped fillet mignon but don't go out of my way to get the freshest high quality beef I can.  I've always wanted to try grass fed organic beef so this is the closest I've had and I'm a huge fan.  Seems to me you've got some very good stock and you take pride in the quality of your product which is really all I can ask for. 

Ok so here is my little review on the ground beef.  It was splendid.  Seriously I really liked it alot!  The flavor of the meat the first time I cooked it was perfect.  I cooked it and added it in a simple red sauce and it transformed a very plain dish.  I did try it first before adding it to the sauce and it was magnificent with a very distinguishing flavor that is hard for me to put my finger on.
  I'm mad I didn't take notes as I ate but I'll do my best to give a fair description.  I just loved the graininess of the meat.  Not sure it that is the correct word to use but that is what comes to mind.  I could see it in the meat when it is cooked that it has great texture.  It's just looks grainy and fresh once cooked and it makes your mouth water looking at it.  Very tender and I honestly don't think I've had better ground beef before.  I found myself making a quick meal with the ground beef at the last minute so really didn't even think about taking pictures but I will have some of the rib eyes.

This has been a very positive experience from the beginning, the package arrived fast and with no problems.  The only things I'd suggest is work on the presentation of the inside of the package.  My order arrived fine but it didn't have the eye appeal I think the meat deserved.  Mainly the dry ice and newspaper were the issue.  The meat looked great and professionally wrapped and that is my real concern.  The Ground beef wrapper had a couple tiny tears but if the meat stays frozen(which it did) that is not an issue for me. 
So to recap, the meat and it's packaging are great.  The packing material in the pkg itself needs tweaking and I know you are already aware of this.  I didn't expect everything to be perfect as your just starting but I honestly have to applaud you on your effort thus far.  I hope nothing but the best for you and your company and thank you for letting me try you product.  I look forward to trying more in the future, cheers!   Smiley

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 07:47:09 PM

Buying beef with Bitcoin? Definitely not something you see everyday, eh? Tongue This looks pretty awesome.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
wotter11

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:46:32 PM

@jakedeez

Looks delicious!!!! I don't usually eat beef but that looks awesome  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Darkwin

Activity: 191

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:50:18 PM

Can you PM me your website or an list of choices maybe some pictures? Let me know. Thanks!
jodybay

Activity: 266

if you want something do something!!!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:55:25 PM

I had not seriously thought of sending overseas. I am not sure of the legal requirements, not to mention shipping costs. Do you seriously think that there would be interest in Japan?

i suggest dont send overseas because it took a days or week to recieve the meat and it will only destroy since it needs to be frozen

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 02:28:56 PM

i suggest dont send overseas because it took a days or week to recieve the meat and it will only destroy since it needs to be frozen
Agree, shipping overseas will just include problems. Would cost people so much to buy that it wouldn't create any interest due to the shipping. Plus you're right, you'd need to do a lot of legal research.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
jodybay

Activity: 266

if you want something do something!!!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:40:43 PM

Agree, shipping overseas will just include problems. Would cost people so much to buy that it wouldn't create any interest due to the shipping. Plus you're right, you'd need to do a lot of legal research.

yes she can only shipped it to some nearby places or close enough to her country to maintained the quality of the meat

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
purenewfoundlander

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:35:54 PM

I have following this thread and it's reviews. I am very interested in trying this.  Good meat is very hard to Comby in Newfoundland.   Would you be willing to ship to St. John's Newfoundland canada.  If so could your pm me a list of available toes and costs.  I think this a great idea and I hope we see more like this come up.   I myself was thinking of selling lobsters or muscles as they are very good here

Please let me know

Thx
andelin (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:59:30 PM

I have following this thread and it's reviews. I am very interested in trying this.  Good meat is very hard to Comby in Newfoundland.   Would you be willing to ship to St. John's Newfoundland canada.  If so could your pm me a list of available toes and costs.  I think this a great idea and I hope we see more like this come up.   I myself was thinking of selling lobsters or muscles as they are very good here

Please let me know

Thx

I did some brief research on exporting meat to Canada. It is possible but requires certain steps to go through that make it impractacle for us currently. If there was enough demand, perhaps some time in the future...
 thanks for your interest. That would be really cool to market sea food.
  We are working on a website: www.andelinlivestock.com. It is very simple right now but on April 7 we will have our first prices posted.
andelin (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:26:06 AM

Tomorrow morning I am going to post on the website www.andelinlivestock.com a price schedule if anyone is interested in placing orders for beef. You can pay with bitcoins. I will also post tomorrow on this forum as well.
GreedyBoy

Activity: 170

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:03:01 AM

due to the number of comments i can conclude that buying beef with bitcoins is very popular
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: