Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:27:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep All Coins in Hardware Wallet vs Separating Some in Exchanges/Other Wallets  (Read 780 times)
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:28:56 AM

keeping any coins on exchanges unless you are actively trading them is a terrible idea and should be avoided at all costs.
as for using multiple hardware wallets, i think it is an overkill. you only need one hardware wallet but you should learn how to use that one. learn things such as how to make a back up (write down your seed for instance) and keep your ear to the ground for finding out if there is a vulnerability in their hardware that is found.
but you can also use multiple methods. for example keeping the long term investment in a paper wallet that you don't touch and only keeping coins you want to spend (like altcoins you want to keep longer but you still want to be able to dump as fast as possible) in the hardware wallet.
Right mate ,never in my life that i consider leaving my coin#in any exchangers and even if i actively trading still i make sure that before i rest for my trading  all my coins return to my wallet

Because we all know how the hackers targeting the exchaners and other platforms that has having cryptocurrency..so before this never consider putting your coins to this platforms for your own safety

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:13:26 AM

Putting all our coin in one place is very risky. Hard wallet is good and safe but if we lost it, its will be a problem. Better we store our coin in different place and keep our private key safe
Thats what you should do, do diversity so the risk is not too big. imagine if one wallet you have hacked with someone, of course all your money will be lost. so it's true to save in many places, some percent are held in wallet hardware, the rest is in some exchanges, I think that's a good idea..
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:20:20 AM

If you are a holder and no plans of spending or moving your Coins anywhere, its better to keep your Coins in a hardware wallet. But, if you are a trader or at least you plan to move your coins from time to time and exchange it to fiat, I would put that Coins in an exchange site that uses top of the line site security and offers 2FA. Moving your coins from hardware wallet to an exchange site sometimes are troublesome and may cost you money for the fees.
BillieCrypt

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:48:02 AM

If you don’t trade on the stock exchange, then you should not keep your savings there. Any exchange with time may be subject to attack by hackers, its management may steal your funds, or you will lose access to your account. It is better to use your own separate hardware or software wallet for savings.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 04:55:56 AM

Putting all our coin in one place is very risky. Hard wallet is good and safe but if we lost it, its will be a problem. Better we store our coin in different place and keep our private key safe

Yes, that is what should be done by the people but there are times when some are just too lazy to separate their coins because it is bothersome for them to access different wallets so in the end they would regret not putting their coins in different wallets when their wallet is hacked.

We know that it is very risky to just put your coins in one wallet or exchange perhaps and if I have to choose between putting my coins in a hardware wallet or exchange then I would choose the previous one because it is much safer since I am the only one that has access to that wallet.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:30:17 PM

How you keep your coins depends on you. Hardware wallet is the best option to avoid being hacked. On the other hand, if you trade cryptocurrency quite often, you will need to keep your coins on exchanges for a period of time. Make sure you do not leave your coins on the exchanges for long. 
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:36:43 PM

its upto your choice but definately hardware wallet is best and also you can store your coins in multiple online wallet and exchange wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: