Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:00:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] bHotspot: A decentralized WiFi Hotspot System [BHT]  (Read 3429 times)
Chance567

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:38:57 PM

In my country, you pay for whatever you use. Corporations control everything, not the government. I can't walk down the street and use someone else's internet, and the few places that DO offer "free" internet either require you buy something before giving you the access code or have internet that is so unbearably slow you consider writing a letter because it would make it to the destination faster.

There might not be value in this for certain people. I respect that. But I'm also not going to crap on someone's idea just because I don't personally have a need for the service. I don't live near any bodies of water, but if someone opened a surfboard shop I wouldn't stand in front of it warning people that it was a scam.

Sorry guys, just can't take the overzealous patriotism to the exclusion of everyone else.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FabienB4 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:00:37 PM

@Belligerent Fool: I cannot speak about your country since I don't know which one we are talking about. If you have details on the specifications, availability, implementation, etc... Feel free to email me so it can be reviewed and taken into consideration for wider reach.

The targeted audience is much wider than governments and businesses providing free hotspots, although they would also benefit from the technology because of the lower cost of implementation/maintenance, even if they keep it free; driving the quality of the hotspots higher and providing much wider coverage are the main goals of the project.
Since there seems to be some confusion about the idea itself, an overly simplistic explanation would be that the reasoning behind it is very similar to the one for blockchain crypto vs traditional bank.
Decentralizing, breaking down barriers (coverage, cross borders...), driving quality higher, driving cost lower, etc...

The ICO world is filled with fakes, the skepticism is completely understandable, and actually recommended. Constructive and realistic critics are always welcome.
I would encourage anyone to do as much research as they can on the subject before thinking about investing, research the examples I gave, and make their own opinion on the viability of the project, considering the changes that it would bring to the backbone of the infrastructure.
Feel free to reach out by email with any questions. contact@bhotspot.net

Here is a starting point:
http://www.hotelmanagement.net/tech/how-much-bandwidth-enough
https://socialwifi.com/en/3-most-common-complaints-of-hotel-guests-wifi-wifi-and-wifi/
FabienB4 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:55:45 PM

The bHotspot crowdsale has begun!

1 currency: ETH
1 address: 0x396d62edb4eb725ec867023d8bdfc9e64d30a82d

More info: https://bhotspot.net/#crowdsale

Don't hesitate to send an email if you have more questions: contact@bhotspot.net

Follow us on twitter for news & updates on the project:
https://twitter.com/bhotspotnet

Promoting accessible WiFi for everyone, anywhere.

Scheede

Activity: 1022
Merit: 683

Love is the answer

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:01:41 AM

I really like the effort you put into "your idea" but actually it seems like this project is dead before it begun... way to early for an ICO in my humble opinion. Good luck for this and your next project(s) though. Stay strong!

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██