Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:16:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A suggestion for ICO promoters and bounty managers  (Read 1512 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:05:50 AM

It sounds like you believe that high ranking members of BCT are not scamming too. Higher probability as the were farming many BCT accounts. BCT rankings has nothing to do with managing a bounty. So your saying that BCT should force projects to use managers just because they are from ranked members of the BCT community? You opinion sound very biased indeed. I hear a lot of make them pay!! Make these “particular” people rich, but little about how to protect bounty participants.

I am not saying that higher ranking members are all saints. But it is difficult for them to get involved in scams because they don't want to risk their reputation which was earned through hard work after so many years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MR_Klip

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:52:51 AM

Idenity theft is very widespread issues withing digital market and I consider that KYC and AML for every team member should be completely obligatory.
masterfu678

Activity: 280

www.becent.com

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:50:14 AM

Being a member of Bitcointalk for more than 6 years, I am quite a bit bothered by what happening in the bounty section for the past few months. This is what I have noticed:

1. A lot of scam projects are creating bounty campaigns and ANN threads. Once the bounty campaign is finished, they vanish all of a sudden without paying the bounty hunters and leaving the investors in limbo.

2. The quality of the bounty managers have gone down. Junior level members are acting as bounty managers and they often don't update the spreadsheets and sometimes indulge in cheating by enrolling proxy accounts to the campaign.

3. Large number of newbs are signing up for bounty campaigns, often enrolling using purchased Facebook / Twitter accounts (esp. in Social media bounty). The quality of posts being done by the bounty campaign participants have gone down quite a lot during the last few months.

4. Even those bounties which pay end up listing at 80% or 90% discount to their original prices and in the end the honest bounty campaign participants end up with very small rewards. On the other hand, those signing up with 10-12 multiple accounts end up with sizeable rewards. And it is the latter category, which indulges in token dumping.

5. There is no incentive to hold on to the tokens, as a majority of the ICO promoters dump their tokens in the market and vanish. If you check, the vast majority of the listed ICOs are in a dormant or defunct state now.

I have a few suggestions to resolve some of the issues, before the issues go out of hand.

1. There should be a requirement that if anyone want to post an ANN in Bitcointalk, he must deposit 0.1% of the total amount (of the softcap) in an escrow account. For example, if a project is planning to raise $50,000,000 from the investors, then before creating the ANN thread the promoters must deposit $50,000 in either BTC or ETH to an escrow account held by the Bitcointalk staff. If the soft-cap is smaller, like $500,000 then the escrow amount should be 0.1% of that, i.e $500. If the promoters vanish, then this amount should be forfeited. Also, if the promoters go back on their promises once the tokens are listed, then this escrow amount should be frozen and may be (partially) released only if they achieve the objectives which they had promised earlier.

2. There should be a list of approved bounty managers and those outside this list should not be allowed to act in this role. There are a lot of trusted bounty managers here, like Yahoo62278 and Lutpin. I don't think that newbs should be given priority over them.

3. In order to participate in a bounty campaign, it should be mandatory for all the users to post their ETH address in the "Location" field in the profile. I have noticed a large number of spammers using someone else's BTT account and their own ETH address to enroll in to social media bounties. This step will put and end to the practise and will weed out the spammers.

4. All the bounty campaign participants must be carefully screened before the payout. In order to prevent token dumping, a few steps can be taken. Since the bounty reward is 1% to 3% of the total amount, the promoters themselves can purchase this portion from the exchanges. Or they can make the bounty payments in BTC/ETH. There should also be a condition that the promoters should hold on to 90% of their tokens for at least 12 months. (Because I have noticed that it is the promoters who do dumping in the vast majority of the cases, and they blame it on the bounty hunters).

5. KYC must be mandatory for ICO promoters and bounty campaign managers (unless they are on level 2 DT). If this is done, then the scammers won't be able to set up multiple fake ICOs.

I am posting this because now the real impact is becoming obvious. Experienced users are staying away from bounty campaigns and even very promising ICOs are getting listed at heavily-discounted rates. This can't go on forever.

Good ICOs need to be protected from the negativity in the market created by the fake ICOs.
Honest bounty hunters needs to be protected from the cheaters
Properly run bounty campaigns and airdrops should be appreciated and differentiated from the poorly managed ones.

Please, stop participating bounties untill the entire situation will be clear. Chance of wasting your time is extremely high, so you can spend it for something else.

Khiceog

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:52:44 AM

Being a member of Bitcointalk for more than 6 years, I am quite a bit bothered by what happening in the bounty section for the past few months. This is what I have noticed:

1. A lot of scam projects are creating bounty campaigns and ANN threads. Once the bounty campaign is finished, they vanish all of a sudden without paying the bounty hunters and leaving the investors in limbo.

2. The quality of the bounty managers have gone down. Junior level members are acting as bounty managers and they often don't update the spreadsheets and sometimes indulge in cheating by enrolling proxy accounts to the campaign.

3. Large number of newbs are signing up for bounty campaigns, often enrolling using purchased Facebook / Twitter accounts (esp. in Social media bounty). The quality of posts being done by the bounty campaign participants have gone down quite a lot during the last few months.

4. Even those bounties which pay end up listing at 80% or 90% discount to their original prices and in the end the honest bounty campaign participants end up with very small rewards. On the other hand, those signing up with 10-12 multiple accounts end up with sizeable rewards. And it is the latter category, which indulges in token dumping.

5. There is no incentive to hold on to the tokens, as a majority of the ICO promoters dump their tokens in the market and vanish. If you check, the vast majority of the listed ICOs are in a dormant or defunct state now.

I have a few suggestions to resolve some of the issues, before the issues go out of hand.

1. There should be a requirement that if anyone want to post an ANN in Bitcointalk, he must deposit 0.1% of the total amount (of the softcap) in an escrow account. For example, if a project is planning to raise $50,000,000 from the investors, then before creating the ANN thread the promoters must deposit $50,000 in either BTC or ETH to an escrow account held by the Bitcointalk staff. If the soft-cap is smaller, like $500,000 then the escrow amount should be 0.1% of that, i.e $500. If the promoters vanish, then this amount should be forfeited. Also, if the promoters go back on their promises once the tokens are listed, then this escrow amount should be frozen and may be (partially) released only if they achieve the objectives which they had promised earlier.

2. There should be a list of approved bounty managers and those outside this list should not be allowed to act in this role. There are a lot of trusted bounty managers here, like Yahoo62278 and Lutpin. I don't think that newbs should be given priority over them.

3. In order to participate in a bounty campaign, it should be mandatory for all the users to post their ETH address in the "Location" field in the profile. I have noticed a large number of spammers using someone else's BTT account and their own ETH address to enroll in to social media bounties. This step will put and end to the practise and will weed out the spammers.

4. All the bounty campaign participants must be carefully screened before the payout. In order to prevent token dumping, a few steps can be taken. Since the bounty reward is 1% to 3% of the total amount, the promoters themselves can purchase this portion from the exchanges. Or they can make the bounty payments in BTC/ETH. There should also be a condition that the promoters should hold on to 90% of their tokens for at least 12 months. (Because I have noticed that it is the promoters who do dumping in the vast majority of the cases, and they blame it on the bounty hunters).

5. KYC must be mandatory for ICO promoters and bounty campaign managers (unless they are on level 2 DT). If this is done, then the scammers won't be able to set up multiple fake ICOs.

I am posting this because now the real impact is becoming obvious. Experienced users are staying away from bounty campaigns and even very promising ICOs are getting listed at heavily-discounted rates. This can't go on forever.

Good ICOs need to be protected from the negativity in the market created by the fake ICOs.
Properly run bounty campaigns and airdrops should be appreciated and differentiated from the poorly managed ones.

There is no point in speaking about it, untill there will be a reliable organization to control the entire market. I may not be connected to any county, but we need it right now.
kjn311

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:02:05 AM

KYC for ICOs is very good thought, but I consider that it is too late. Teams will go for it only in case, if investors will push them pretty hard.
syypro

Activity: 368

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:09:39 AM

KYC for ICOs is very good thought, but I consider that it is too late. Teams will go for it only in case, if investors will push them pretty hard.

KYC with one groan is good. On the other hand, you don’t always want to transfer your data, it’s unclear to whom and subsequently it’s unclear how this data can be used against you. Perhaps it would be nice to make a portfolio for the participants of the bounty. Wherever both good and negative sides of this participant are recorded.

Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:17:01 AM

Noone would deposit such amount of money and about money there good and bad situuations, first if we would have it then most of scamers leave us its great but second many projects with great ideas and without money leave us too.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:36:49 AM

I think your suggestions are highly appreciated and should be taking seriously to salvage the ICO and bounty processes, i am also of the same opinion that bounty rewards should be done in ETH or BTC. Thanks for your positive suggestions.
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:22:08 AM

You have made a good point mate and i will also add a point to what you have said my point is bounty manager should be nice and keep to there word.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
wareck

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:05:35 AM

It is almost impossible to find fake pretty fast, but you can do it just during the ICO stage. Just pay some more attentions to the details.
Downloaded

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:13:32 AM

All of these are known facts and most of readers have already know it. In the same time, your post is good for newbies and newcomers.
Alexey1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:21:31 AM

The idea proposed by the author is very good, but hardly feasible as it is not necessary to moderators of the site. Here everything happens by itself, and everyone is trying to get only their own benefit, unfortunately.

bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:29:35 AM

I think KYC for ICO promoter and bounty managers just nail the issue of ICO running away with investor%s money and putting bounty hunter's work at risk of earning nothing! The escrow suggestion is also on point for those that are looking to raise money on this forum!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 08:42:00 AM

I think escrow matters in this case. many have assumed that the bounty and ICO were bad because the scam continued to scatter. When escrow could help to this then at least the case for the scam with little resolved. other things such as manager I think this flexible enough because it will certainly be a new manager popping up and replace the old. even though they have not experienced too but will need a process towards the stage.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Siegtal81

Activity: 334

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:54:18 AM

People need to learn on their own. It is not enough to just get certain knowledge, you also need a way to use it in some real conditions.

MegaPost

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 09:40:24 AM

Well, holding of most ICO tokens is completely insane but I am sure that people will be making it even in thousand years, when there will be no BTC.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 09:55:00 AM

This should be read by many especially those who are legit and truthful bounty hunters, let them petition for this one and let the bitcointalk staffs be aware of what is happening right now on this forum. I've also noticed that this forum are gradually owning by a few people with a huge number of accounts eliminating some people to go hunt on such the campaigns and i think KYC must be a thing on this platform.
SwiggHeart

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 09:58:30 AM

The fact is, we cannot hold it back and cannot go back. The time has come where everyone abusing every single step to get money in here.
SinisterBountyHunter
Copper Member

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

● ● ● CryptoMarketAds &#

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:57:52 PM

KYC is not also just required upon the investors, but also for the team and the promoters behind the project. This is a must requirement, to ensure that when the ico turns out to be a scam, we know the backgrounds behind the team. And also we can easily detected if they have a bad intention of aiming to scam.

chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:28:11 AM

Very useful tips for the upcoming ICOs. I am sure, if they would stick to these rules, they will be able to revolutionise the way of holding a bounty campaign or an ICO. Hope these suggestions will come true one day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: