Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:24:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @Theymos @Cyrus can you reconsider on permabans Rules ? [after 3 month]  (Read 663 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 09:02:55 AM

IMO, permabans for plagiarism should stand.  Copy/pasting is usually a clear case of wrongdoing and something everyone should know not to do.  If you make the consequence for that a temporary ban, people will just keep doing it until they get caught--which they're basically doing anyway.

I am in complete agreement with this. Just imagine what this forum would turn into if posters could just copy some text, and post it into a thread without understanding the thread or the posted text. It isn't difficult to post a link to an article, and add a personal comment to open up a discussion. In my opinion, failure to do this indicates volume spamming with no interest in the welfare of the forum.

It is one of the regrettable consequences of allowing sig spamming on the English boards, when the spammer has little or no understanding of English.

The unauthorised use of images is far more of a problem for content producers and users. The Internet is awash with images, and many of them are provided by their producers for use without restriction. For example, Jazz Pics - Kuffy's free image galleries contains pictures taken by me, and offered to posters and website developers with few restrictions. I just ask that the watermark is left on the image. I know that even this minor request is abused by many people. Google provides massive galleries of images, and the links are often to secondard user sites, and it can be almost imosible to track down the originator, especially if the EXIF data has been removed.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: