Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:13:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you're ~15% in the red, is it crazy to sell?  (Read 2403 times)
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:12:38 AM

Depends on the coin as well which you are trading here. If you are talking about the Ether then I guess you should hold a little bit more as it is giving away brand wavy pattern these days where it does go down and come up with good prices next time. You should be holding onto it and recover yourself from it. Current market is very much fragile and is literally waiting for the crypto boom as we proceed to the second last month of the year. Dont forget last November and december had some blasts for you.
So basically for all of the crypto traders it is great opportunity to recover their trades if they are even in -50% loss. Holding is ideal in this season.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:34:17 AM

In this cryptocurrencies market you have to be patience in other to be able to make money.  15% down is not enough reason to sell as sometime market do reverse at that level!  Remember that trading is game and you should learn how to play it well in other to be able to make profits and not loss.
MrVuuu

Activity: 445
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:06:45 AM

15 percent is too much. I understand you are trading without a stop loss. So you are a novice trader and most likely you will merge the entire deposit))
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:57:50 AM

I am dam sure you can recover that kind of money in short period of time in the crypto currencies. Just look at the market right now and you will see that you have your 5% of loss already recovered because BTC is up by that much value in the market. So with that calculation you just need to recover 10% more and there you go you have your break even point achieved.

This is how it works here mate, if you give a little more time to it then you will get it back. Its just your emotions that will tell you to sell your coins so that you wont incur with more loss. Currently you should overcome that one and keep holding until the BEP!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
millensharon8

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:34:27 PM

Depends on the coin as well which you are trading here. If you are talking about the Ether then I guess you should hold a little bit more as it is giving away brand wavy pattern these days where it does go down and come up with good prices next time. You should be holding onto it and recover yourself from it. Current market is very much fragile and is literally waiting for the crypto boom as we proceed to the second last month of the year. Dont forget last November and december had some blasts for you.
So basically for all of the crypto traders it is great opportunity to recover their trades if they are even in -50% loss. Holding is ideal in this season.
This is the reason we always keep saying never to trade without a strategy or a plan. Before you even enter a position in a market, you should be setting where your stop loss would be, where you intend selling or how, and then if where you are buying compared to when you will sell or stop loss has enough reward when compared to the risk. All these things actually cannot be done without knowledge and if you do not have this in play, the kinds of OP asking questions like this whether to stop loss at 15% will always come up.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:39:30 PM

It might be crazy to sell it or should I say you are late.

You are in the trading section though so you cannot escape those kind of events. It will happen most of the time.
Think again. You are talking about holding and trading which will be a difficult discussion.
Traders cannot be attached with a certain token and that is what you are doing by now. You hold now and wait then it dips. You hold again then it dips again. You keep on doing that until you cannot even sell it anymore.
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 02:52:35 PM

Hey,
I didn't act on the recent crash,,, i had bought at about 230$ markets currently just above 200$
I know the right idea is likely to hold, as the market will go up eventually.. but i predict in the intermediate term it'll go down further.
I guess this is where the psychology of trading comes into play.. I'm in regret and want to sell at a 15% loss in order to have a chance of making the 15% back and then be able to continue trading as i was before the recent dip.

When you're 'marooned' with coins that are worth less than you bought them is the right idea; always to hold?
I just want to practise trading further... and have no spare capital to do so.. 

Every trader has his own trading strategy to follow if you think selling at -15% loss may be recoverable if you sell and buy again then just do so. But for  me I should prefer to hold and add a little bit more when market will fall deeply to lower may average buying price. It is not good to buy at high and sell at low since you are losing your investment but if you are a day trader then maybe selling and buying again would be an effective strategy.
Well, the tactics and analysis of each trader is different, they will have different methods to deal with this situation, and I feel if we have lost 15%, we should not sell because it was too much, sell means we accept loss. And with traders, this is unacceptable, instead of doing it, we can wait and recover, although this will take a lot of time but our money will remain there and no loss, or if we can not be patient, we should buy more and wait for a reversal sign, cut the hole to the lowest level

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:31:04 AM

It might be crazy to sell it or should I say you are late.

You are in the trading section though so you cannot escape those kind of events. It will happen most of the time.
Think again. You are talking about holding and trading which will be a difficult discussion.
Traders cannot be attached with a certain token and that is what you are doing by now. You hold now and wait then it dips. You hold again then it dips again. You keep on doing that until you cannot even sell it anymore.
Learn the techniques in trading, don't focus on one coin only because it will break your heart once it fails.
Diversification is one of the best method but during the bear season, there is no exemptions, we will all see a bloody market and with that kind
of situation, all we have to do is just trust and hold.

h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:43:40 AM

Selling at 15% loss is not a perfect trader's job, you should always remember to wait for the right time to come again.
The most important thing in trading is patience, having less patience will occur you in big loss sometimes, this is why someone has told to invest only what you can afford to lose
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:28:30 PM

If you are trading it regularly or a day trader, -15% loss actually is a red alert already and I consider it as a huge loss. As you can see, the pump on the market stays for 1 to 3 days then the price will dump for a week. At the very beginning, you should set a price where to sell those altcoins for a profit and a price where to stop your losses. For me, if I already lost over 2% to 5%, I immediately sell my altcoins then buy it back at a lower price then the cycle repeats where I shall take the profit or stop my losses.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:47:59 PM

Hey,
I didn't act on the recent crash,,, i had bought at about 230$ markets currently just above 200$
I know the right idea is likely to hold, as the market will go up eventually.. but i predict in the intermediate term it'll go down further.
I guess this is where the psychology of trading comes into play.. I'm in regret and want to sell at a 15% loss in order to have a chance of making the 15% back and then be able to continue trading as i was before the recent dip.

When you're 'marooned' with coins that are worth less than you bought them is the right idea; always to hold?

Well if you have no spare coins than there is really no reason to get into the crypto trading to begin with because trading is something that takes time to master. However lets say you will continue, from now on the number one thing you need to know is to not get into these things all together with all of your money, your first mistake was to put all your eggs into one basket.

In case of any drops you should consider buying with half, if you bought at 230 with half and than rest with 200 than you will have 215 average, as soon as it hits 216 you are profiting, but now you will have to wait for 231 to profit. See the difference?
Nexus77

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:48:46 PM

Depending on the market because of course there is fomo and also the pump that is caused quickly and this will certainly be very dangerous if we can get the fomo and panic when buying orders when a dump occurs
daicavung

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:19:33 PM

Depending on the market because of course there is fomo and also the pump that is caused quickly and this will certainly be very dangerous if we can get the fomo and panic when buying orders when a dump occurs
That is the time to buy at high prices, and then the market value is constantly decreasing, so I think the market will soon recover and then we will earn a high profit. So, in my opinion, do not buy much fom coin, you easily fall into the peak swing at high prices

BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:23:45 PM

Hey,

The loss you mentioned is not much in terms of quantity or percentage. Moreover, you will not have lost as long as you do not sell, but you will have lost the moment you sell. The decision to be made at this point should be whether the current position should be closed with this loss or should it continue openly. If you don't need this money, I don't advise you to sell it, but if you need money, you will have to close this position with 15% damage. In short, the decision is yours. Smiley
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:33:09 PM

It is not all about the coins you are trading actually but on the strategy you are making use of to trade any coins. For someone who is a long term trader and have been able to see some signals to know the market is reversing in trend, setting a stop loss of about 15% or more depending on the reward to risk ratio is what really matters.

As long as you do not have a strategy when it comes to stopping loss as well as buying and selling, you will always have a problem deciding what to be doing in a market at certain points in time. Just make sure you have learned enough and you have a plan before moving in on a trade.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:01:09 AM

In this cryptocurrencies market you have to be patience in other to be able to make money.  15% down is not enough reason to sell as sometime market do reverse at that level!  Remember that trading is game and you should learn how to play it well in other to be able to make profits and not loss.
Patience is not what would really be the main thing you should be looking at; it is your knowledge and strategy that would count. For OP to have asked such a question, I am sure he possibly entered the market without a strategy and in that case, I really do not think anyone should be making short term decisions without at least having some knowledge to do so because in that case, you can easily get burned.

Knowledge is the only thing that can bring about you having a strategy and with trading, you really want to see it more than a game but a profession so you can always make decisions without having to put in emotions based on your strategy.
cfif123

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:15:57 AM

15 percent is too much. I understand you are trading without a stop loss. So you are a novice trader and most likely you will merge the entire deposit))
absolutely right because most beginner traders experience losses because he panics continue to sell at a low price, even though if you want to wait, you can certainly avoid losses and will also benefit
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:56:00 AM

sell at 15% is better than loose at 90%. either you come back later when its bottom or you have to wait the coin price come back.
paxaway21

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:31:43 PM

For me it's ok to sell early to avoid lossing so far if the price continue dropping for its price.
It's better to sell early than loss 50% to 70% if they continue dumped for their coin.
jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:46:07 PM

If I become you, then what I will do is to dig up more information about the coin that I am interested in. If there is still hope with some good information, I will keep holding it. But if I don't find anything then I will try to find another way by cutting losses and waiting for it to return below. Maybe this looks more complicated, but that's what I usually do.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: