Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:04:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:19:16 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
Nowadays as the price of bitcoin has not be stable this might be the hindrance of not getting to mass adoptions as those merchant will not accept bitcoin if the price fluctuation is too much high. People also had in mind that they are holding bitcoin for their future as assets as they hope that someday the price of bitcoin will give them fortune.
with the future of bitcoin, for now, it is indeed more effective to be used as an investment, so that it gets a lot of profit later. there are still many weaknesses in bitcoin as a means of transaction

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:45:11 PM

yes this is indeed a difficult thing because most people have used fiat money for years. it is difficult for people to accept new exchange tools. maybe by giving a discount. for example, the store will provide a 50% discount for buyers who use bitcoin to pay. but this can only be done in countries that legalize bitcoin as a means of payment. in a country that has not legalized bitcoin. it will be difficult.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Kahoy01

Activity: 481

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:06:15 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
People in our society will only adopt cryptocurrencies if they know what it is and if they have sufficient knowledge about it. We should influence them for the bitcoin to become more popular.

KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:14:26 PM

I think it will take many more years before most of the people use bitcoin as a currency because it not yet widely adopted for use in transactions. You can always introduce bitcoin to anyone but only few of them might be willing to try using it as a currency. The volatility and rapid fluctuations of bitcoin might also discourage people from using it in their transactions.
It will take more years for us to see that most of the people will see the bitcoin as a currency. Lack of education is one of the main factor why most of the people is still unaware to what is cryptocurrencies.
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:37:05 PM

It is very common among the advanced countries and show a positive growth for the online job industry and now many online shopping sites are accepting crypto so it is the 21st century achievement which we have seen in the form of crypto and bitcoin is the best payment method if we shows the goodness of crypto then people will easily come into this side for it's future use.

Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:39:56 PM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.
Not necessarily.  If I'm not mistaken, payment processors like Bitpay convert to fiat instantly so that there's no exchange rate risk for the merchant to deal with.  But volatility certainly does prevent businesses from actually accepting bitcoin (as opposed to bitcoin that's converted to fiat by the payment processor).  It obviously wouldn't be good for any merchant if they got a payment in bitcoin and then the price crashed shortly thereafter. 

As far as what we can do to promote bitcoin as a currency, I'm not sure there is much the average person can do aside from lobbying businesses (especially the big ones like Amazon) to do so, and my guess is that a lot of them don't want to be associated with an anonymous currency that's frequently linked in the media to criminal operations like Silk Road and whatnot.

Also, there are a lot of us bitcoin enthusiasts who don't want to spend it on mundane items or services where fiat will do just fine.  Why run the risk of missing out on making a profit if bitcoin starts to take off just because you wanted to spend it on computer equipment at Newegg or something like that?  I've always seen bitcoin more as an investment that has properties of a currency, but I've never been a big fan of actually using it as money.  Thus I'm not concerned that most businesses don't accept bitcoin.  If it stays that way, I'd be totally fine with it.
It is true that users are still patronizing bitcoins even the price of it is unstable. We can see a lot of stores nowadays that are now accepting bitcoin as payment, It is simply because they are now aware to its potential.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:43:12 PM

Time... We still have too much rookie cowboys running around

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:57:08 PM

It won't be an easy task however, we can start from educating the up and coming generation. They can be special classes for basic schools. This will enable the majority get used to the crypto and it going to trend throughout generations.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:05:50 PM

The government should create a program where the people in our society will become aware to cryptocurrencies. They will start using it if they are knowledgeable enough.

Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:14:02 PM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.

Bitcoin can never have a stable price due to its decentralization and its volatility is much more aggressive than fiat currency as well.
And also, I can considered bitcoin as a currency because it can convert into a real cash/money whatever country you belong. Aside from that, we have no any obligation to convince people to our surroundings to use bitcoin as their currency, that would depend on their own discretion.
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:24:30 PM

actually it is very easy for everyone to use bitcoin that is the government inaugurates or recognizes crypto currency as the applicable currency I think everyone will automatically use crypto currency
efxtrader

Activity: 924

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:40:24 AM

actually it is very easy for everyone to use bitcoin that is the government inaugurates or recognizes crypto currency as the applicable currency I think everyone will automatically use crypto currency

I am agree. Its depend on government regulation. If government recognize bitcoin as currency and allowing merchant accept bitcoin for payment, i am believe people will use bitcoin

Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:01:49 AM

To be able to get the public to accept bitcoin as an exchange medium, there is the need for the improvement of the various key technologies of the blockchain.
 Once this is done, the blockchain would be able to bring value to everyday activities of the public, which would increase adoption rate.
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:28:28 AM

we can educate bitcoin as a digital asset and show the limited availability in decentralized ledger technology called blockchain all these unique features can be a digital asset
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:08:12 PM

Its hard to get people to use bitcoin by ourselves. In order to do it. I think we need the help of the government. Because they have the resources to educate allot of people to use bitcoin as a currency.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:15:20 PM

Enough education is the main key for the people to become aware to digital currencies. They will not use it as currency if they are not aware to what it is. By having enough education, people will patronize bitcoin easily.

CSTL_dmili23
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

城は最高です

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 02:19:41 PM

The problem with Bitcoin and crypto in general is that it's very volatile. The price keeps changing. Imagine accepting $5000 worth of Bitcoin for a TV or something and the next day Bitcoin is worth $2500. You've lost half your money in one day and all you did was accept BTC as payment.

anjho.ace

Activity: 371

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:25:51 PM

Even the price is not stable bitcoin can be a currency as long as many merchant will open their payment option to accept bitcoin.
Yes! merchant is the only way to adopt BITCOIN by many people all over the world.
As of now major use of bitcoin is just investment and trading.
Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:13:51 PM

More people engage on bitcoin are more fund in investing on it because of its  good characteristics. Those people who really knows and have knowledge in crypto  use it as a currency  and adopt it.
SkustaClee

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:38:45 AM

I am using a famous bitcoin wallet for me to pay my bills and for me to buy load. There are now communities around the world that fully accepts bitcoin as payment. Bu spreading awareness about cryptocurrencies, I amsure that most of the people will adopt it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: