Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:16:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
Heationd

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:27:41 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
Nobody is ready to use some kind of currency where they wake up the next day and start hearing stories like they have lost their money because the price or value dropped within a minute or so. Nobody is ready for cryptocurrency because they are volatile, and you can’t be making use of a currency that is as volatile as it is. So it’s not safe yet.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MULTIK888

Activity: 123
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 05:57:04 PM

Until bitcoin's volatility drops to at least national currency levels, people will not trust bitcoin as the primary currency for making payments and transfers.
This is a big risk for everyone to keep bitcoin and not be sure that its price will not collapse once again by 80-90%. Certainly low fees for transfers, the speed of operations is fine, but stability is the first thing people believe in and application is possible only after its stabilization.

█ https://www.gooreo.com/ █  Gooreo [/ u] - Дeцeнтpaлизoвaннaя плaтфopмa кapьepы! █ https://t.me/gooreo █ [/ center]
dmamigo

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:08:05 PM

People will surely use Bitcoin, but for some special transaction only. People don't want to lose money, and the volatility can obviously make people lose their money. So, mostly it will be used for the occasional transaction which is a better option than the old orthodox methods related to Banks. And also where will they use, still not even 1% of most stores in each country accepts BTC, so, how will they use it.
And again, even if they start accepting, volatility will freak out both the end.

UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:17:24 PM

Government should accept the circulation of bitcoin and its development.
if every country will accept it, merchants will start to accommodate the BTC.
And people will start coming to have BITCOIN. this is the best way to get people.

I agree with this statement, if people are seeing that bitcoin as well as the other cryptocurrencies are being circulated and the government is supporting it then I think that would be the best way to get people to using bitcoin, I think people will get curious and eventually they will learn how to use it and if the government will make it as available as our currenct currencies then I think the growth of the cryptocommunity will be rapid, and it comes along with the increasing demand of cryptocurrencies.

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:44:48 AM

Government should accept the circulation of bitcoin and its development.
if every country will accept it, merchants will start to accommodate the BTC.
And people will start coming to have BITCOIN. this is the best way to get people.
well, it's very difficult to find it directly, but on social media, I find it very easy to find it. even I also found several stores that accept bitcoin. maybe this also has something to do with the government. but in my own place, it's very difficult to find people who use crypto.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 02:07:38 AM

If only people are aware to bitcoin then they will become interested to use it. We can help the bitcoin to become currency where many people are using it if we will promote it. We should disseminate information about bitcoin for them to have awareness about bitcoins.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1386
Merit: 538

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 03:14:03 AM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.

not entirely true, because we can transact using bitcoin and immediately instantly exchange with FIAT, so that the seller is not at risk for the price changes so quickly
if only the price of bitcoin is really stable, of course it will make it easier for business people to make transactions using bitcoin
coupled with the legality of all governments in the world, the function of bitcoin will be better, although very difficult with a total supply of only 21 million
of course very troublesome too, if the wallet owned by satoshi nakamoto made a transaction, bad news
celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:31:02 AM

Not easy to make people use bitcoin as currency, we have start first with government to legal bitcoin as transaction and currency, without have regulation or legal by government we can't use bitcoin as currency what ever the reason.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:11:14 AM

It is impossible because the price of bitcoin is not stable, its price always fluatuates.
When you use it to to buy your favorite things and then its price decreases, you do not have enough bitcoin to buy things that you like it. Are you angry about that?
jeremy84

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:26:15 AM

It all starts with us ourselves. We cannot force Bitcoin on others or tell them what to do. But we can use bitcoin shops ourselves, do our own business using bitcoin and the like. I think this is the best way to promote Bitcoin, with time it will definitely help.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:48:46 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
People wouldn’t choose to make use of cryptocurrency because of the volatility. Even if it becomes stable, I don’t think anyone would still be interested, cause what do you really need from it? Just the same like the regular ways of making transactions etc.

Maybe those that wants to make use of cryptocurrency should just continue with it while those that prefers other methods goes ahead with it. And another thing you should know is that most of the people here likes Bitcoin being volatile, they will only complain when the price is moving in a direction that does not favor them.
efxtrader

Activity: 924

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 01:02:59 PM

People wouldn’t choose to make use of cryptocurrency because of the volatility. Even if it becomes stable, I don’t think anyone would still be interested, cause what do you really need from it? Just the same like the regular ways of making transactions etc.

Maybe those that wants to make use of cryptocurrency should just continue with it while those that prefers other methods goes ahead with it. And another thing you should know is that most of the people here likes Bitcoin being volatile, they will only complain when the price is moving in a direction that does not favor them.

I am agree that one of many reason why people still not use bitcoin as currency because the volatility on price. We know fluctuation on price is very high and i think its not suitable if used as currency in merchant. Perhaps in near future, when price become stable and government regulate bitcoin, we can use bitcoin as currency in merchant

brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:50:29 PM

if the price was really stable , and all people are well known about what purpose of bitcoin it its , need time to make it happens Sad
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:00:29 PM

if the price was really stable , and all people are well known about what purpose of bitcoin it its , need time to make it happens Sad
Right good thing takes time to happen but trust me once it starts so it will never stop at any point. In this world almost everyone is well aware of crypto currency and the benefits that we can get through it. Just hold your coin and invest more. People will get involve even more just wait for the perfect time. Don’t waste your time in noticing that what other people are thinking. Just guide them well and spread awareness.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:56:50 PM

If only people are aware to bitcoin then they will become interested to use it. We can help the bitcoin to become currency where many people are using it if we will promote it. We should disseminate information about bitcoin for them to have awareness about bitcoins.

Recently, I was looking through the news and some facts about cryptocurrencies, and I was really surprised. Turkey is the country where more than 13-15% people use Bitcoin regularly. The USA is on the 3rd place only.
normanz
Copper Member

Activity: 327

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 05:46:58 PM

I think that if there are already many stores that accept cryptocurrency, people will use it for payment, and it's likely that the cryptocurrency will be the future money because many have adopted crypto.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:52:13 PM

Bitcoin is still an evolving technology as the level of acceptance increase, the demand for BTC will be on the increase,  soon more online e-commerce firm will accept BTC as a means of transaction this will ultimately increase the value and price of BTC. Also when government globally accept and legalise the use of BTC  this will have a positive impact on it use.
hildacitra

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:24:35 PM

The literal definition of currency is easy, something that can be used for payments based on the agreement of two people or sides. Bitcoin now is becoming recognizing to used for payments in some countries. I think this is the beginning of bitcoin become a real currency that unite all currency around the world.

repsol

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:45:16 PM

I ever read that bitcoin now is already used for payments in several countries, there are many stores receiving bitcoin as payment. I think this doesn't need a literary definition or bitcoin is literally define as a currency even though in some countries this is not officially regulated or accepted as currency.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                   
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:06:33 PM

I know you do not like it but all of those that are using bitcoin as a way to invest or to trade are using it as a medium of exchange, they are using their bitcoin to buy other cryptocurrencies or to buy fiat with it, even fiat currencies that are so big and powerful are used for that so I really do not see anything wrong with it because that was bound to happen anyway.

Actually too long bear market and decline of bitcoin prices continuously, made lack of interest and trust amount the investors and they are hesitant to invest in it.  Fiat of the other hand is somewhat stable and we do not see so much fluctuations in it as compare to bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: