Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:11:59 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
In my community, there are now markets and stores that accepting cryptocurrencies. They became aware to what it is because of the local government. They created a program where people will learn what it is and how to use it.
Wow it means that your country is blessed because your government is also supporting bitcoin and they are teaching people about it how to use or how to invest so you are very blessed, we only need to improve the knowledge of people as some people lost for panic selling that’s why people consider bitcoin as scamming which is totally wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:45:05 AM

I think it will be difficult to make people use bitcoin for currencies, except people who already know bitcoin.
Until now, we, people who know about bitcoin, only use bitcoin for investment and trading, not to use bitcoin as a real currency.

Exactly. It's still not easy to use Bitcoin, due to its lack of user-friendliness. Many people are accustomed into using Fiat for their daily lives because it's easy to use with no technical knowledge required. Of course, many BTC wallets have been designed with attractive UIs for ordinary people. However, some disadvantages of Bitcoin such as volatility and hacks, will make it somewhat unattractive to everyday people.

For geeks, Bitcoin is the number one currency of choice. If we were to attract people into using Bitcoin as a currency, we would need to educate them about the benefits underlying Blockchain technology. A straightfoward and easy to use interface, alongside with some education/guidance, will surely get people to use Bitcoin as a currency.

Despite this, many people are simply using Bitcoin as a speculative instrument than a real currency. It would take years before they would gain trust in Bitcoin as the alternative currency of Fiat. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:37:27 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
In my community, there are now markets and stores that accepting cryptocurrencies. They became aware to what it is because of the local government. They created a program where people will learn what it is and how to use it.
Wow it means that your country is blessed because your government is also supporting bitcoin and they are teaching people about it how to use or how to invest so you are very blessed, we only need to improve the knowledge of people as some people lost for panic selling that’s why people consider bitcoin as scamming which is totally wrong.
but in my country the good situation will not happening still now and the government also not yes support for cryptocurrency field to develop in our country but people are using cryptocurrency much more without the support of the Government and it going well also but my wife name is if your support from the country for using cryptocurrency will happen it will be more popular to develop much more easily.

shitcoinoffering

Activity: 445
Merit: 71

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 09:52:03 AM

Venezuela is perfect example Grin
Maduro made people use cryptocurrencies instead of fiat...

https://shitcoinoffering.com/pablo-the-miner-and-superman-everything-you-need-to-know-about-el-petro/

By the way, here is the article where we have analyzed the situation in Venezuela. Take a look at it Grin

Mr. ScamKiller - Shitcoin Offering Wink
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:59:57 PM

People are scared to use the cryptocurrency because of hacking and scamming that is associated with cryptocurrencies. Users funds are not safe in their wallet addresses. When the cyber world is more secured people will on their own join the crypto users
@Hakermania@

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 12:22:49 AM

In my opinion people will be convinced by themselves with time. Adoption requires a physiological time to be realized. I think we are at a good point: many big companies have started blockchain projects and partnerships and the whole ecosystem is always around bitcoin, so it will be the first to be adopted imho

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 12:39:02 AM

With time, Bitcoin will work its way through the achievement of its mass adoption. For now, there isn't much that can be done because most of the governments are already not in support with Bitcoin. As more and practicable projects hit the market, cryptocurrency and Bitcoin will eventually meet the mass adoption.

babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 12:55:37 PM

actually I have done activities to invite other people to use bitcoin as an exchange tool, but they did not dare to do it, especially because in my country there were no regulations regarding the use of bitcoin.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 02:28:39 PM

Bitcoin value is not stable so for me, it is not good to be a currency that can be used just like fiat that we are using or as a medium of exchange. Maybe in the future, it can be improved so let's just see how bitcoin will implement that.
Loopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 05:44:07 PM

actually I have done activities to invite other people to use bitcoin as an exchange tool, but they did not dare to do it, especially because in my country there were no regulations regarding the use of bitcoin.

Agree, that in some countries it has not made legal regulations on Bitcoin. Can only give information about benefits that can be generated with Bitcoin and the benefits that will be obtained later. It seems like a crazy thing against government regulations that put you in jail. If you force it.
tinker123

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 05:56:14 PM

You can not "force" people to use. They themselves will begin to use cryptocurrency when it becomes stable. But it is unlikely to become such due to decentralization. After all, the course depends on supply and demand.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 05:58:17 PM

Nowadays there are many merchants already which are bitcoin accepted in different countries actually.
Aside from that we can get people to use bitcoin if they will see you converting bitcoin into your fiat currency.
Because majority of the people are to see is to believe.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:05:46 AM

If we use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency as like normal paper currency in the circulation of our society the problem is there is no difference between normal currency and cryptocurrency will be happen and the popularity also reduce the day today Bitcoin while we are using it as a normal currency but if some good rules and regulation will implemented it may be useful for the future.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:25:52 AM

People are scared to use the cryptocurrency because of hacking and scamming that is associated with cryptocurrencies. Users funds are not safe in their wallet addresses. When the cyber world is more secured people will on their own join the crypto users

Exactly. The fear existent within cryptocurrencies, has made many people think twice before joining them. It's not attractive to switch from an already established medium of exchange (Fiat) to another. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies had been facing scams, theft, and hacks for quite some time now. Even with the latest improvements in Blockchain technology, there's still the risk of hacks and theft because of misuse by users. A Blockchain system is indeed secure, but if the user itself doesn't take proper precautionary measures (like never exposing his/her private key, leaving coins in exchanges, etc) then he/she could easily become hacked or scammed.

As such, I believe that there needs to be proper education about the use of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Once people are guided on how to safely use Bitcoin, then we could expect to see many individuals joining cryptocurrencies over time. We as crypto enthusiasts need to showcase the benefits of Blockchain technology in order to get people to use Bitcoin as a currency. But to help achieve said purpose, cryptocurrencies will need to be regulatory compliant and user friendly.

Nonetheless, only true believers of the technology will become inclined to use Bitcoin as a currency. The rest will simply use Bitcoin as a speculative/investment instrument with the purpose of becoming rich someday. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 02:45:01 AM

First do we really need to convince people to make bitcoin to have it and treat it as a currency?
We all know that majority still will not gonna easy to adopt bitcoin at once. Though, we knew for us this is a currency but majority
are thinking this is a kind of scam in online even we knew its not. So, perhaps people  will only use bitcoin if they find out that most people
are now getting unto bitcoin.

I think the key now is that there are many merchants that accept Bitcoin payments. people have difficulty and are reluctant to use
bitcoin for currency because of the limited items they can buy using bitcoin? thats the fact..
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 02:51:42 AM

Nowadays there are many merchants already which are bitcoin accepted in different countries actually.
Aside from that we can get people to use bitcoin if they will see you converting bitcoin into your fiat currency.
Precisely, when they see the benefits from the real end users they will be tempted to use it as well, more people to learned it more will be interested,
we can't force them but we can attract them in many ways, this is a good example where different countries are already showing their interest after
hearing the benefits.

Adoptions will happen the sooner, it's just need to have a lots of end users help to make things possible.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:39:07 AM

The best way is to spread cryptocurrency awareness. The problem is people nowadays are after quick profit and some are impatient. Some would think that crypto is a scam.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:41:58 AM

Precisely, when they see the benefits from the real end users they will be tempted to use it as well, more people to learned it more will be interested,
we can't force them but we can attract them in many ways, this is a good example where different countries are already showing their interest after
hearing the benefits.

Adoptions will happen the sooner, it's just need to have a lots of end users help to make things possible.
of course it will be easier to happen if the government supports the existence of cryptocurrency. with many countries that have not legalized it as in my country, it is difficult to see crypto use in everyday life
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:28:40 AM

In order for people to use more cryptocurrency as a means of payment, it is necessary that more and more states legalize it on their territory. Also, cryptocurrency is still difficult to use for the average person. For people to start using cryptocurrency massively, it should be easily accessible, easy and safe to use. This has not yet been achieved. It is still bulky and massively hacked by hackers. A big problem for using cryptocurrency as a payment system is its high price volatility, and this is still one of the most intractable problems.

zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:29:16 AM

The introduction to the community in my opinion is an important thing that must be done to be able to get interested from the community. provide an overview of bitcoin as an investment instrument and also transactions that they can choose. this is something that really must be done if you really want people to use bitcoin

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: