Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:21:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merits, who else feels the same way I do when merited?  (Read 22003 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 4124

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 01:31:37 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 11:01:44 PM by CryptopreneurBrainboss
Merited by Jet Cash (2), The Cryptovator (2), bones261 (2), LoyceV (1), morvillz7z (1)

Funny but from the first day i received my very first merit I got a particular feeling, i can't actually explain how I felt but excitement, joy and some sense of accomplishments was involved. After that day, as I don't get merited daily I unconsciously check every post that got merited immediately I notice it. Don't know if this habit of mine is normal or I need help Grin.
I know the regular merit receivers won't experience this so I'm asking those who don't receive it daily whether they unconsciously or consciously check merited post like I do?

This is called an e-orgasm. Now you should go out and have sex with a person in real life, which is better. You can even use you getting a merit as a chat up line. She will be very impressed. Merits are guaranteed to get you some action. That's why some people even call them 'pussy points'.
Grin it actually worked, am now over it. Thanks

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marshall14

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:38:38 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 03:01:24 PM by Marshall14

It's a natural feeling,when you come up with something worth merited,you actually bask in the euphoria when the merit actually comes, I do not think the higher ranked members feel this way though as merits isn't something worth celebrating to them anymore...the only benefit it can be is replenishing their Smerits,so they'll have merits to send out to meritable posts, which is also a very valid contribution to the Forum

My very first merit put a big smile on my face I must be honest, as well as killed my idea of what I thought the forum was about,its not a money making machine and the fact that it came after the introduction of the new merit system shows that I wasn't contributing prior to that..
 I'm definitely not going back to posting bounty shit messages

Just gonna keep contributing and having fun on the forum through quality discussions and assistance
deguzmanwacky

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

Translator

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 01:47:57 PM

Me personally when i got my first merit, I woke up in the morning and got it. I thought it was a different profile since I never expected to have one. I felt excited and happy since I can do more things I cant do when I was just a newbie lol. But I got sick the next day and it lasted for a week. Anyways, I learned a lot of things reading here and there and everywhere. Good luck to newbies trying to rank up
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6758

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:17:24 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

I do not think the higher ranked members feel this way though as merits isn't something worth celebrating to them anymore...
Yeah, I don't exactly get a feeling of euphoria, but it is a good feeling when I find out that someone thought enough of my post to consider it worthy of merit.  I don't "need" merits to rank up, but it still gives me some sense of accomplishment when I get them.

What's more is that when I get enough of them, it gives me more sMerits to distribute to other members.  That's something I like to do, and now that I've run out of the sMerits I got when Theymos made me a merit source, the only ones I can distribute are the ones I've earned.  Not sure when my merit source fund is going to get replenished, but hopefully it'll be soon.

If bitcointalk means anything to you, it should give you a good feeling when you get merits.  Not only are they required to rank up, but they're a pretty decent gauge of whether you're a shitposter or someone who contributes posts that have some value.  They're also fairly scarce relative to how many members there are on the forum.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18497

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:29:43 PM

Not sure when my merit source fund is going to get replenished, but hopefully it'll be soon.

They are replenished 30 days after sending. So looking at your merit sending history for 16th September, you should receive 2 top ups of 2 sMerits today, and a total of 14 sMerits spread out over the day tomorrow (assuming all those sMerits in September were source sMerits and not your own earned sMerits).
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 02:55:15 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1), CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

I was a Hero when the merit system was introduced, and I will confess that I thought I was too much of a wild cannon to gain any. However, it did seem to accumulate, and I was able to merit quite a few members as a result. I have become a legendary, and Theymos made me a merit source, so merit has taken on a different perspective for me now. Any merit I receive is now a confirmation that a policy, idea or project is perceived to be of benefit to the community. Responses and comments in threads are another way that I evalue my actions, and I dropped a few projects as a result of apparent "lack of interest".

The natural feeling of the OP is good, and I'm pleased that he has stated it publicly, we should try to encourage good, active posters in Bitcoin Talk.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:56:10 PM

-snip
+1

Same goes for me. As you will see my on Merit history I kinda getting it randomly for my posts, And yet I haven't started anything that can be of any help for us here. So sometimes I feel happy for getting Merits and sometimes I feel bad for myself for not getting any.

Well, I do want to be a Legendary someday so I'm just sticking my ass here in this community and also I would like to see on how long it will lasts.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 10633

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 03:48:22 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

<…>
And you should be glad. Being merit what it is in terms of a rank enabler/disabler, it also comes along with the personal satisfaction for receiving them, and being able to pass on the cumulate sMerit halvings on to others. Often I see the recommendation to ignore merits when writing, and not have it as a focus. That is true in a sense, but it should be in the back of the mind of many as a compass to try to create a content that may deem different from the mainstream on-liners.

It took me the good part of two months to get my first merit. The truth is I didn’t care for it much initially, since when I joined the forum I had no idea what I was going to do here. I joined in early January 2018, read around for a couple of weeks, then tried a couple of bounties, got bored, and then I tried posting a bit until I started getting merited. That was a booster at the time, and it helped to a large extent continue the venture.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:02:27 PM

Merit is the way to increase forum's quality.
And when forum's quality increase , it means that more poster in forum also get advance
F2b

Activity: 2059
Merit: 848

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:12:53 PM

I personnally have this same feeling Smiley
And to be honest, in my opinion it doesn't really matter if it's only 1 Merit, or 2, or 5. In fact, earning 1 Merit for a post means that somebody found it useful, and that's the whole point of Merits: show that a post is good. A problem I faced (and I still face it) is that you often earn 5, 10 Merits at once (or in a small period of time), and then you can earn nothing for a month; it can be disappointing when you're not used to it.
In a way, I agree with DdmrDdmr because Merit makes us write better posts, but it shouldn't be the only reason why we are posting more than one-liners.
The Merit system is really hepful for the forum but as I always said (mainly in my local section), there are still improvements to do. It is quite difficult to determine what to improve (that would a long discussion Grin), but for sure it's not perfect already.

Edit : Also, the possibility to reward the posts that I find useful is really nice, but the impossibility to do it because of a lack of sMerit is kinda frustrating.
Alone055

Activity: 860
Merit: 193

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 05:26:29 PM

I had the same feeling as OP for getting my first Merit, and I still have it, and it makes me happy to get Merits since it keeps notifying me that I'm on the right path. I don't really get sad if I don't get Merits for a day or two, since I know the forum is so much crowded and even better posts than mine can get vanished in this crowd, but I do enjoy reading posts that are Merited because a post that got Merits most probably is worth reading.

What I do these days in boards like Bitcoin Discussion or Marketplace, where spammers are camping all the time and are always looking for a chance to churn out their useless thoughts, is that I check the Merits of the poster before reading their post to see if they got any or not. If they got some, I go ahead and read it, but if they don't, I simply don't waste my time. I do have a quick look at them to see if I see anything interesting in it, but as soon as I realize it is worthless, I skip it.

Findingnemo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 727

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:43:59 PM

I go these kind of feeling when LoyceV merit me because he is one of the most important asset to this bitcointalk community and he never give any unworthy merits so I felt that I am also doing some contribution to this forum as much as I can.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16315

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 08:53:37 PM

I go these kind of feeling when LoyceV merit me because he is one of the most important asset to this bitcointalk community and he never give any unworthy merits so I felt that I am also doing some contribution to this forum as much as I can.
Thanks and you're welcome Cheesy

I too check every time which post got merited. I like the feedback on how my posts are valued. It's often a surprise where the Merit ended up. I never expected this post for example to be Merited by redsn0w (7), suchmoon (4), Foxpup (2), dbshck (1), hilariousandco (1), stingers (1), Jannn (1):
Bounty managers who don't do their job and pay spammers are the reason we have the Merit system. Making them merit sources would be just as bad as removing Merit entirely.
This post was an exception, but the amount surprised me.

The euphoria happened when I was the first user to reach 1000 Merit on my own (I'm not counting Admin theymos and Founder satoshi as users here), and it felt like forever to reach the last few Merits I needed. It wasn't as exciting as the long wait to finally turn Legendary though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 09:46:58 PM

Seeing the title of this thread I was like "not another merit thread, blah" Smiley. We've been too overwhelmed with the negative/punitive aspects of the system, what with all the complaints in Meta. But come to think of it, I too constantly check which posts I'm getting merits for and I still have no clue why (I mean why I'm getting them, and why I'm checking).

I have received some PMs from users thanking for merits, which would seem to indicate that it is sometimes (or often) a pleasant surprise.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:53:20 PM

Every Merit I get , always give me a good or happy feeling. But in side note some of them given me a confused feeling too. I have few post that did not get Merits (though I believe that were my sincere effort and beneficial to community.) Some times I got merits for stating just obivious facts.  That leave me confused which should I consider as good post?

I am alive
blackssmith2018

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:28:42 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 02:23:16 AM by blackssmith2018

Funny but from the first day i received my very first merit I got a particular feeling, i can't actually explain how I felt but excitement, joy and some sense of accomplishments was involved. After that day, as I don't get merited daily I unconsciously check every post that got merited immediately I notice it. Don't know if this habit of mine is normal or I need help Grin.
I know the regular merit receivers won't experience this so I'm asking those who don't receive it daily whether they unconsciously or consciously check merited post like I do?

We are the same feeling when I got 1 merit to my account I'm very happy and feeling bless I thought I can get more merit but it's so hard and very challenges to us because if your post or your reply is not helpful to member you won't get a merit even is your post are constructive.
sheynlee18
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 9

Kill E'm With Kindness

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:50:46 AM
Merited by bones261 (2), CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

Hi ! We got the same feeling!!! On that day that sir "bones261" gave me my first merit I was so happy and overwhelmed because I didn't expect that someone would appreciate my reply and to be precise it is only a reply and not a post/topic (Actually I didn't expect that someone would merit my reply because I am just sharing my thoughts in a topic or my opinion on it) so I am very honored that I received my first merit with that merit it gain me confident and it motivates me to share more about my opinions and knowledge on this forum even if I am just a beginner and has a less knowledge I will try my best to make more meaning ful topics & replies ! So for every beginner (legit accounts) who hasn't still got their first merit don't loose hope you will get your own soon just follow some of this advice below:

1. First know more about the rules and regulations on this forum to avoid ban (that would be the first thing that you need to check because you will be posting replies or topics and maybe there will be something in your replies or post that may cause a ban)
2. Respect each post and reply only with meaningful reply and not just a nonsense reply for that will not gain any merit
3. Make a post or a topic that will make a good discussion and will give an enhance knowledge to each and everyone on this forum
4. Wait for your merit with patience don't make any nonsense post just to gain some because that will result in spam
5. BE REAL !!! Make a post and replies with whats on your thoughts or on your mind not just make a reply that is only related to the topic or you just copied it with someone's reply (that will cause plagiarism)

That's just all that is on my mind ! I am just a beginner and still learning about this forum so if you have an additional advice just qoute this reply ! Thank you so much ! Have a great day and to sir "bones261" thanks for making me motivated you have all my respect!

LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 07:49:11 AM

After reading you post, I saw actual sense in what you wrote then decided to send you some smerit but I'm so glad I didn't. A quick look at your post history is so discouraging that I'm even surprise you have been merited before. Meriting you is just another way of encouraging  bounty Hunter spam which I won't be a part of.
I've merited sheynlee18 4 days ago, after LFC_Bitcoin asked my opinion on one of his/her posts. See here for my reasoning.

However, if you're not loaded with sMerit, there are definitely better posts to drop them on, so I completely understand your reasoning too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sheynlee18
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 9

Kill E'm With Kindness

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:49:16 AM

I've merited sheynlee18 4 days ago, after LFC_Bitcoin asked my opinion on one of his/her posts. See here for my reasoning.

However, if you're not loaded with sMerit, there are definitely better posts to drop them on, so I completely understand your reasoning too.
Yes you're correct I'm not loaded with smerit that's why I merit users that deserve them not just because of their post but also for their good behavior. The post you merited is actually a merit worthy post. But don't you think sending him those merit is actually encouraging him to continue in his spammy ways as he get pays higher now that he's all ranked up. how about advising him to change his ways (clean up his account) just as you did something ago to me and I believe he'll take you seriously as a highly respected forum user you're.

I fully respect your opinion sir "CryptopreneurBrainboss" (no hard feelings =) ) and I really take your comment as an addition to my learnings! As a beginner I really find ways to minimize my bounty spamming or make it zero bounty spamming .. I am really learning more about this forum and for the fact that for now I cannot avoid bounty spamming because I am joining bounty campaigns and reports are required. The fact is that mostly of us joined this forum to gain profits and as a beginner with still less knowledge we are loaded with bounty spams so i'm learning other ways to gain profits without making bounty spams to clean my profile and to be more productive and useful in this forum ! =)

Also mentioning mam/sir "LFC_Bitcoin & LoyceV" thank you mam/sir for giving me a merit that I don't think I deserve. I really appreciated it and take it as a trophy for me to be able to start a bright journey in this forum !  =) More Power !

LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 09:01:25 AM

But don't you think sending him those merit is actually encouraging him to continue in his spammy ways as he get pays higher now that he's all ranked up.
Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't mind to see the entire altcoin bounty board deleted, but as long as theymos allows it, let them spam just that board.
how about advising him to change his ways (clean up his account) just as you did something ago to me
I'll try:

As a beginner I really find ways to minimize my bounty spamming or make it zero bounty spamming .. I am really learning more about this forum and for the fact that for now I cannot avoid bounty spamming because I am joining bounty campaigns and reports are required.
What's with the quote pyramids? There is no technical reason to quote yourself for the scraper to pick up your posts (if anything, quotes make scraping more work). And if you do quote yourself to keep a complete list, why don't you delete the old posts? Now you're just spamming the same spam many times.
Did you know you can clean up your post history by deleting all old spam posts? That's what CryptopreneurBrainboss did too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████