Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:56:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why can't I load this site while connected to my VPN??  (Read 285 times)
Damadegyptian (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:25:46 AM

???Why can't I load this site while connected to my VPN?? does it conflict with site rules or something ? i wouldn't think it would.

BTC - 1Awz7HfX37gMvPSVBmpNzpcRmbBcgojgse Cheesy
https://www.facebook.com/therealcryptocurrencynews/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 07:17:48 AM

It shouldn't affect it at all. There was some reported trouble connecting with NordVPN while having the cybersec feature enabled--what vpn service are you using and which country are you connected to?

Mintdice.com
lukeburchill

Activity: 78
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:00:10 AM

it's a problem with the settings on the VPN, as long as I know using a VPN doesn't violate forum rules and allow access to this site in any area.
KaZZZaK

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:33:05 PM

???Why can't I load this site while connected to my VPN?? does it conflict with site rules or something ? i wouldn't think it would.
Don`t think, that the problem is in VPN as in net service, I`d rather bet on ip adresses, that you are using. Some of them are compromised and protective software just blocks every attempt to connect from such ones. Try another VPN provider, it should help.
bernardos

Activity: 686
Merit: 45

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:54:28 AM

Sorry to bump a several months old topic but i didnt want to open a new one with a similar question.

A question for the admins, so we are allowed to use tor/vpn when posting on BT?
Are there any VPNs that are not supported or that we shouldnt use that dont work well with BT and which are recommended?
Is it ok to use a free vpn and what happens in case another user used or uses the same VPN or for example gets banned with the IP address of that VPN?

I have never been able to login with tor browser and i dont know why. I can never get past the captcha images and fail to complete them every single time. Should I change sth in the settings?

Content writer and Croatian translator. Contact me for more information.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:11:20 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

You can use any proxy. The only time I think it will effect you is if you sign up here via one and it's banned then you will have to pay the evil fee, but since you're already here then this won't be an issue. For trouble with the CAPTCHA, when you log in click the "If you have persistent difficulties with the CAPTCHA, go here after logging in." link at the bottom. Then bookmark that link and it allows you to bypass the CAPTCHA from then on. Works well so far for me.
bernardos

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:01:42 AM

You can use any proxy. The only time I think it will effect you is if you sign up here via one and it's banned then you will have to pay the evil fee, but since you're already here then this won't be an issue. For trouble with the CAPTCHA, when you log in click the "If you have persistent difficulties with the CAPTCHA, go here after logging in." link at the bottom. Then bookmark that link and it allows you to bypass the CAPTCHA from then on. Works well so far for me.
thanks for the info mate, i appreciate it.
is there maybe a list of banned vpns so that I can avoid those? I wouldnt want my account to be limited in any way since some members said they had problems with vpn/proxy at times.
Could you tell me what you are using and how satisfied are you with the service when it comes to speed?

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:05:04 PM

thanks for the info mate, i appreciate it.
is there maybe a list of banned vpns so that I can avoid those? I wouldnt want my account to be limited in any way since some members said they had problems with vpn/proxy at times.
Could you tell me what you are using and how satisfied are you with the service when it comes to speed?

I don't believe so. Maybe the admins have a list of them but it's probably something that is probably best kept secret because it would likely only lead to abuse as people would then know to try avoid those connections. If you've already signed up here then you probably won't run into any issues using a VPN because you are even free to use 'banned' connections, you just can't sign up on them as far as I believe. As for VPNs just do some googling and research to find what would be the best one for you.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:56:19 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Different VPNs have different pros and cons in terms of price, speed, server location, security, logs, payment methods, etc. Unfortunately there is no "Best VPN" or "one size fits all". You are going to have to spend at least a little while doing a bit of research to find out which one is best for you. If speed is your major concern then one of the bigger companies is probably your best bet, but be aware that many of them are based in Five or Nine Eyes countries.

I would highly recommend the following site: https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-section/

There is also a much smaller and simpler list available here: https://www.privacytools.io/#vpn

Also worth noting that many VPNs offer a several day free trial, or a money back guarantee within a week or so if you aren't satisfied.
bernardos

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:37:13 PM

Thank you guys, I will take a look at those suggestions on the list, great info Wink

chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:34:27 PM

Maybe you should try a different VPN, I once experienced the issue when i used a free VPN but the issue resolved when i got a paid VPN. So I noticed that using the free VPN, most times it reduce the speed of your connection compare to when you are using a paid VPN.

Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 05:22:29 AM

It's possible that the VPN provider you are using is leveraging an IP that was already banned by BitcoinTalk or CloudFlare.

Try a different provider, or get in touch the with the support team of the VPN provider to notify them of this.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: