Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:07:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: At what BTC price would you capitulate?  (Voting closed: October 24, 2018, 10:32:59 AM)
$5000 - 1 (7.7%)
$3000 - 1 (7.7%)
$1000 - 0 (0%)
$500 - 2 (15.4%)
1 BTC = 1 BTC - 9 (69.2%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Curious. At what BTC price would you capitulate?  (Read 630 times)
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:09:18 PM

I will never surrender with bitcoin between these prices, i hope this situation will not happen in the bitcoin market ever.
I just have kept deposited my capital with bitcoin, waiting for the day it surpasses $20k again. Going below $1000 means the whole community around world will have to capitulate from bitcoin, but this is actually never going to happen

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
millensharon8

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:49:39 PM

Why would I ever want to capitulate? The last time I checked, capitulation means ceasing to resist an opponent or an unwelcome demand; yield, which in this case you are ceasing to resist the possibility of selling at a much lower price if I am correct and in that aspect, I really do not think it is something I really want to be doing at all.

1btc remains 1btc, and whichever way, I believe it is all the speculation of wanting to get rich in fiat for most people that has caused this to be a thing of having to look at the price almost every time and then giving up at some point. It depends too though on where you actually bought, which I would not expect someone who bought at peak to end up capitulating for whatever reason.

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:12:19 PM

Thought it hasn't been asked this way before. The question is actually quite loaded.
Never, the money and time that I have invested in bitcoin is time that I can afford to lose, I knew from the very beginning that investing in something like bitcoin was very risky and that I could lose everything that I invested so I will never capitulate even if that means that I will lose all the money that I invested, I know it is not very healthy to be that committed to bitcoin but that is the way it is.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:15:34 PM

Thought it hasn't been asked this way before. The question is actually quite loaded.

Amazing how people have voted for 1 BTC equals to 1 BTC would be the capitulation point for all. Yes off course thats the right decision and I guess most of the people does know how important it is to have such valuation for the BTC. Unless and until we stop calling it in terms of USD value until then things can be tough in here. So its always better to have BTC to be capitulated in BTC only for the best result. I mean then there wont be much of the competition in the world. Currently it literally feels like gold rush going around the world in terms of BTC to USD charts . Lolz.
Rashid555

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:54:27 PM

I never check prices but when i have money i can invest in the crypto coins and i believe that these will never fail it is the time that world will change with this technology, and not only this but Blockchain technology will makes lives easy people will trade coins with out any problem at 24 hours and if we look at now so present price is good for buying of bitcoin now.

pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:56:14 PM

I like the last option. Most of my coins were not bought but earned and I'm not putting any price tag on them.
There is a value that would satisfy me but it's a real world value not a fiat money value. One day I may be able to buy a house with 1 Bitcoin and that will be a great feeling. I'm not exchanging because I don't need more fiat money now. I need more security and more anonymity.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:27:13 PM

Most of the long term hodlers have 0% (zero) actual exposure to this market with how they have taken their initial investment and a little more out of Bitcoin already. All they are sitting on right now is 100% profits.

It makes riding out bear markets far easier and way less stressful. I'm at that point as well, and for that reason will not sell even one single satoshi at lower levels. It makes no sense either in my opinion.

The thing is that in case the price does happen to tank significantly, I'll be more interested in buying more coins rather than unloading them. I'm a small fish, imagine how many whales think exactly like that. Smiley

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:39:44 PM

Considering that Bitcoin is also currency, then 1BTC=1BTC.
Everyone wants acceptance of crypto, but they are still calculating the US dollar equivalent of BTC. In my opinion, no paper in the world has the same value as BTC.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:44:03 PM

I will not be a hypocrite here.
Yes I am a holder but would not go to the farthest before giving up.

Maybe at $1k of bitcoin price, I would be in real panic and concede my losses. There is not much to fight out there. History might be repeating itself at that price.
But if you really look at it. A lot of investors of Ethereum did not given up yet. that is like $1k loss already and yet they stay. So there may also be a chance that I will wait.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:51:30 PM

For me there's no such price and I'll tell you why.
We are at 6k. I believe that Bitcoin should at least be trading at half of its ATH (10k) and I know that it's capable of going there again, so I'm not selling now. I sold some of my coins above 10k to have fun and buy some stuff that I needed, but selling now would feel like such a waste of capital.
What if we went lower? That would feel to me like even greater waste. I'd see this as an opportunity to buy more, especially that we'd be at over 80% correction, which usually means that the aset is largely oversold.
What if we went to $1000? As a matter of fact most of my coins were bought for less than that, so I'd still be at a gain and willing to wait.
What if we went to $200 or $100? It would mean that Bitcoin has died and I'd shed a tear and keep my coins as a souvenir, a reminder of what it could have been.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1255

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:25:33 PM

I wont be getting out at any price. How do we know what the lowest price would be
if it starts to fall and i believe in the future and the rise in value coinciding with the
falling supply.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:28:38 AM

Its a terrible feeling to watch your investments crash.  But it is an even worse feeling when you sit on the sidelines and watch something skyrocket that you could of invested in.  With that being said, there is too much support at the 6k levels for bitcoin to drop much further.  IF it somehow did drop below 6k again I would just use the opportunity to buy more coins.
Kasen Matthews

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

It is unlikely that people will fluctuate while a majority of them has seen the reliability of Bitcoin. Surely, the price is low and lot of people are buying them now, but the price will soon rise. And so, the idea of fluctuating does seem like foolosh one.
Lea Bentley

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:33:04 PM

This is a good price to buy Bitcoin. I think this is already at the deepest dip for bitcoin to go. But if we may see Bitcoin below $6k levels, then that would be a huge problem.

It depends on what price you got into or bought BTC. As the values depend from time to time but those who bought in an early stage don't understand how to capitulate and hold even in a bumpy situation. Below 6K is a good place to take into consideration but even then we'll just have to see as nothing can be definite about a good place the value would be. 
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:57:52 PM

As a golden rule, remember that, it is not a loss, until you sell.
And depending on when you bought, you might have profited or lost, based on the price at time of purchase.
There is no price at which to capitulate, but I highly doubt bitcoin would go below certain supports now, if it does, most would be deep in losses OT would be pointless to sell.
Yes. Losing most of the time is just the position you have decided to put yourself, and I am sure those who capitulated at some point in the past would be mostly regretting it now. I picked 1btc as 1 btc in my vote knowing that irrespective of what the market brings now, as long as real life usage is something we would probably get to see in the long run, then, there is a lot coming than to start giving up now.

This is something that is dependent though on where you bought and either you are making profit or not, but the thing really is that as long as you know there is still huge chance for growth, capitulation is the last thing you should be thinking of as an investor.

Capitulation at some point can only be dependent on the level at which you bought, but it is quite unreasonable for someone to give up for some reasons best known to them and selling hugely at loss. Until you sell, then you are not in loss, and that makes 1btc equivalent to 1btc as far as I am concerned. The future is bright, the possibility of seeing usage is getting pretty good and then I have been in this space anyway for a very long time and I bought at a pretty much good price, so that believe in the future has not changed at all, and I so much believe in it.
Albert Hays

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:49:17 PM

I hope we never see such capitulation situation. I can not even imagine a world where the price drops under $1000. I guess for me it would be anything under $1000.
Addisyn Sellers

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:56:38 PM

This is a business criteria and there should be no capitulation limit in business. Yup, even for the smallest investors, they shouldn't just stop at some point. So it might be a good pole to analyse, but it shouldn't be anyone's choice.
justdimin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:27:57 PM

I agree with others, capitulate could mean anything at that sentence.

If you mean buying bitcoin than I am currently buying bitcoin whenever I can, well technically I am not "buying" bitcoin because I am paid in bitcoin but I try to cash out less and less and keep more and more bitcoin in there instead of actually cashing it out (I have to cash out because I gotta pay the bills and live with it) the more I keep in there the harder for me to live easily but I rather cut from my expenses and keep bitcoin in because I really believe in these prices.

Also, if you mean selling I would definetly sell all of my coins if it hits $20k once again, I see that as my psychological amount, I have sold it at 20k last time so I was one of the lucky ones but I also would like to see it hit there again.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:07:26 AM

I have no plans for as to what price I’m going to capitulate…. I can continue to hold no matter what price since I’m sure that someday there will be a change. Bitcoin is volatile and I’m very much aware of that, that’s why you should make good plans and invest what you can lose if things don’t go as planned. Don’t try to be greedy and invest all you have and thinking only about the profit without thinking of the loss that can happen..
Natsuu

Activity: 1106
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:07:29 AM

Honestly, I shouldn't wait for that amount or else I'll be left out.
Waiting for that price as the market is getting unpredictable and we never know when it will pump nor dump.
Just set a target price that you think good and buy it. Tbh the price now is still profitable when you do some day trading, of course if you know how. Have some hundred dollar profit then it's fine.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: