Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:48:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally! 101 merit and 84 activity!! Celebration Post! My thoughts on merit.  (Read 1282 times)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 02:04:50 PM

Hello guys!

I am new to this forum, I started using it just after the merit system was implemented, so I was one of the "lucky" ones as I got zero merit for free.

I was active in Reddit for some time but when I discovered this forum, I became addicted to it and I really enjoyed the merit system.
A merit differs from a Like (facebook) or an Upvote (Reddit), because sMerits are not free, you have to earn them to be able to give. So only really good posts get merited.

Anyway, I decided that I wanted to become a Full Member, and for that I needed 100 merit. That was pretty of a challenge. I made a deadline: I would like to get 100 merit before 120 activity.
I didn't expect, but I got 100 merit much faster than that!!

I am truly interested in cryptocurrencies. I like it's technology, I like to use it as a payment method and I really enjoy it as an investment. I think my love for Bitcoin and crypto made this path easier.

I want to share some of my thoughts about the merit system with some other people who like me love cryptos and are walking this arduous (but rewarding) path towards higher forums ranks:

• Create a watchlist for boards you like, and visit those boards often.

• Look for topics with few replies. Some questions and topics created are really dumb. But if you want you can provide great answers to those questions! You can even learn while answering a dumb question. I saw this Bruce Lee quote some other day:
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer "

• I like to research a lot about crypto. After my researches sometimes I create a topic about something I learned, this can help others.

• The most important: Make good quality posts and WAIT, don't expect merits now!. Good posts are the true merit sources, and they will be forever awarding merits to you!
    After you create a history of good posts you will be receiving merits constantly, few ones each day. If your posts are good, people will read them, even if they are "lost" in page 10.
    This effect is exponential. My first 20 merits were the harder. I produced a lot of good content when I joined the forum, and now I am receiving merits from posts I did not even remember anymore.

So be patient, write good content, help others. Merits will come slowly, one by one, but exponentially! If you post good content, you will get the merits you need.

Next objective: 250 merits!!
(i hate this activity system!! lol)

Merits = virtual grey hair.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:07:55 PM

Good man, welcome to the club.
The system is working no matter what.
I started from 10 and here I am, looking forward to Sr. Member.
I started too with 0 merit and now with 17 merits.  I was really love this system because it made me become a good poster (but not enough  Cheesy). Welcome me to the club.
The only way to do are post freely and don't expect for merits.
My motto here is : Don't talk for merit but talk for a good quality post.
crypto mania

Activity: 476
Merit: 92

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:17:14 PM

Congratulations, you really deserved all these merits. I have seen your posts and a lot of them is a good read. This is true that if you keep working on your posts and improve your posting skills, then finally one day you will be rewarded.

Thanks for the advice to post on new topics with few answers. I did something opposite and searched for large topics because I thought that there are more people involved and many more users watch this threads. I was wrong and now when I read your post this is so obvious to me. If you post in such a big thread your post got lost between hundreds of others. Such a big thread has a few pages of fresh content every day so if your post isn't special or original enough, nobody will see it.

OP accomplished something impossible by accumulating so many merits in a short time. I really congratulate and admire. I hope to take advantage of your valuable advice.
Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:43:18 PM

• The most important: Make good quality posts and WAIT, don't expect merits now!. Good posts are the true merit sources, and they will be forever awarding merits to you!
      After you create a history of good posts you will be receiving merits constantly, few ones each day. If your posts are good, people will read them, even if they are "lost" in page 10.
      This effect is exponential. My first 20 merits were the harder. I produced a lot of good content when I joined the forum, and now I am receiving merits from posts I did not even remember anymore.

So be patient, write good content, help others. Merits will come slowly, one by one, but exponentially! If you post good content, you will get the merits you need.

Next objective: 250 merits!!
    (i hate this activity system!! lol)

Congrates mate! I simply love your statement so much. It totally reminds me of Seasons of change by Jim Rohn. Your rewards do not come in just one day after planting the seeds. You just have to keep going and the rewards will come naturally. You lose only when you decide to stop of give up.
    Never give up mate!
    Direwolve735

Activity: 448
    Merit: 232

View Profile
    October 19, 2018, 08:40:24 AM

I am truly interested in cryptocurrencies.

I believe that it is precisely the interest in any business that is the basis for success. I remember once I read a book about talented people and geniuses. And one brilliant musician said: “I don’t think that I have any innate talent. In general, I don’t believe in talent at all. What people usually call talent is the result of hard work and continuous practice. Enthusiasm and interest is the driving force. After all, if you love something, you just can’t not to do it. And constant practice leads to an increase in skill".

I like to research a lot about crypto. After my researches sometimes I create a topic about something I learned, this can help others.

I`m sure that you can create interesting and useful content only if you recognize it yourself as valuable. Each of us perfectly knows how much time and effort he has spent on this or that research. No need to deceive others and even more so - yourself. If the information is of no interest to you personally, don`t you think that others will like it. People are drawn to sincere involvement in the process and the personal interest of the author. Only then they can look at the content created by him with the same genuine interest.

Our efforts are always rewarded. Perhaps not in the way we thought about, but they always pay off. The students have a good saying: first you work for Transcript of Records, and then it works for you. Before we get anything, we have to invest. But we always get a remuneration, even in those moments when we don`t expect it at all.
    Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
      Print  

Jump to: