Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:00:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there interest for an E-Waste solution? [ closed - no interest - please kill]  (Read 921 times)
nybbler905 (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:38:31 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 12:38:28 AM by nybbler905

I have access to an industrial area that does some E-Waste recycling and was wondering with such a large community IF there was interest in electronic waste recycling.

1) The electronic items would be separated to it's base components ie plastics, metals, circuit boards, batteries, etc.
2) Any device resembling a hard drive would first be put in to a press prior to stripping the metals from the circuit board
3) Any BGA devices ( ram, ASIC, GPU, CPU ) would be considered dead and crushed/ground for metals content.
4) Any OLED, LCD, ect screens would be checked to see if they are viable for resale on places like eBay to help cover the costs.
5) Batteries are currently going through one company for recycling and can accept sealed lead/acid, LiPO, and other rechargeables, not CAR batteries ( open acid batteries that have maintenance holes )
6) If this is to go ahead, the only cost to the community would be to have it shipped to my location and up to myself or assigned to segregate and try and recoup the labour costs from sales of the recovered materials.

As example, the cost of shipping to myself for an AntMiner ( not likely to get sent for recycling, just for weight and postal cost ) would be roughly $4.00 USD from the UK due to where I am located and would be in a small package mailer.  Cell Phones and a few other electronics would be in the same weight catagory or size of package.  Obviously higher for bigger packaging and/or weight.

At this point I am just getting a level of interest before going ahead as I still would need proper zoning to be approved and all the other paperwork that goes with it along with some more equipment to deal with bulk shredding of circuit boards.  The current location I have access to offloads the E-Waste recycling and is obviously loosing out by not doing it ' in house ' due to such low volume that is currently being recycled.  With the assistance of the BTC community it could grow enough to actually break even on just E-Waste.

I await questions, comments, threats, accusations and accolades.

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: