Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To everybody who was scammed by an ICO! Here is what you can do about it!  (Read 65 times)
Puppyfromhell (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:27:47 PM

Dear Community,

We all know that there is not much folks can do after an ICO scam. However, there are a few things one can actually do. One of them is to file a complaint with the SEC under this link: https://www.sec.gov/tcr

You will have best results if you look for people of the scam project that are US residents such as advisors of the scam. The SEC can get to others by grabbing the US involved individuals first as it is hard to serve a person that is somewhere in Russia or on some island.

One of the most notorious scam advisors is David Drake who has been promoting scam ICO projects for years now helping scammers to steal hundreds of millions of dollars from investors. One of his latest scam ICO promotions was Hoqu which scammed $18 000 000 out of people. Other ico scams he promoted for a fee from scammers include Caviar which is currently being charged by the Massachusetts Securities Division with securities violations, and KYC Legal Token which stole $21 000 000 from investors, including US investors.

These shady advisors like Mr. Drake need to be held accountable for aiding scammers in stealing hundred of millions of dollars from investors. With more scammers like Mr. Drake being held accountable less scammers will be able to pray on investors.

If you have been scammed by Hoqu, Caviar, or KYC Legal do something about it and report David Drake to the SEC to get to the other scammers of the project and stop this scumbag, too. He is currently running a sketchy firm called LDJ Capital. A quick search of team members of this firm turn out to be ghost team members and fake linkedIn accounts. https://ldjcapital.com/contact-us
Address:
800 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Port Yasmeenland, PY 20061
Phone: 212-845-9652
E-mail: info@ldjcapital.com
Mr. Drake's linkedIn account has vanished several times as well after a scam was pulled off.

The enormous impact of these scam advisor aids such as David Drake who helped scammers to defraud investors becomes clear when looking at his enormous involvement in scam ico. The link here provides a list of ico Mr. Drake alone has promoted, many of which turned out to be scams.  https://icobench.com/u/david-drake

So how do you report a scam the best way?
1.Go onto the website or whitepaper of the scam ICO and look for advisors or team members that are US residents.
2. (if wanted) Research the scammers by using Google Image search. Use their profile pictures on linkedIn to find other of their scams or accounts on google image search. Or type their names into people search sites like pipe.com to find out more about them.
3. Report them to the SEC by submitting this form:https://www.sec.gov/tcr

It is better than doing than nothing. The SEC has held a few scammers responsible and although that isn't much it is better than nothing happening.
The money is gone but still, at least there is a chance that these same !@$#! won't keep sucking more and more money out of honest investors. It is "kinda" our responsibility to protect this revolutionary tech called crypto. If people don't feel save investing they will never jump one the crypto train and all these dreams of trillions of dollars market cap will stay exactly that, a dream!
That would be a shame for all the honest projects that are really making a difference and are solving a world problem using crypto. Plus we want to get out of this bear market, don't we?Huh?

Not saying this is the magical cure for the bear market and I am not saying that people shouldn't do their DD and research projects BUT BUT BUT as long as nobody is doing anything against these scammers it will only get worse and new money that could have helped great projects is now in the hands of some #$!%#!%!# who blows it on stupid shit and scares new investors away.

Cheers!

p.s.: for some of the haters no I am not someone who lost all their $$$ in a scam ICO and is not crying about it on a forum. I have invested in crypto for quite some time now and I never lost money I could not afford to lose and I gained plenty in return as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: