Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:40:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token burn  (Read 288 times)
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:44:02 PM

It is just a psychological tactic just to get investor confidence and trust, by doing so the team confirms that it is not holding the unsold tokens, if the team keeps holding the unsold tokens the team will be blamed everytime token price dumps because team in such scenario is holding huge supply of tokens and they can manipulate the market but personally i think that no serious project will like to do that.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:22:45 PM

Token burn is a good tactic in order to give value to a token. The reduction in the total supply of any coin will surely increase the price of the coin. Aside token burn, we also have buy back that is meant to serve same purpose just like token burn.

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 09:27:59 PM

Token burning was initially a way for projects to deal with inflation (well, crypto's version of it).
Basically, you have way too much supply than there is demand so you get rid of some of the supply.

The effect it has is that it can increase the value of each token since there is a more limited supply.
Now, it has become customary for basically all ICOs to go through the burning process if all coins are not sold/distributed.

The thing is, this doesn't automatically guarantee that the price will increase.
A lot of ICOs arbitrarily set their max coins and generate a ridiculous amount of tokens.
It's like they think they can create value of thin air, which, of course, is impossible.
Then, just destroying some isn't going to magically bring the price up either.

Unless your project and coin has a specific real use that brings demand organically, you can burn all you want but it won't change anything.

Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:30:46 PM

I think this is done when not all the tokens were sold as planned by the ICO, they cut the supply to revalue the token automatically, because if you cut the distribution the price will increase because it becomes a token of little circulation, similar to what happens with bitcoin to have a limit set.

Bitcoin to the moon
Haterstestbtc

Activity: 329
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:45:33 PM

Well, at this year due to market condition some ICO project has insufficient funds makes it unsold token which most investors are running out of investment due to losses of capital. This will come out in an agreement of token burn which it mostly decided by the team owner to reduces the supply allocation to make the value of token more expensive.
Supremacy2

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:20:39 PM

Hi guys, I noticed some projects use to burn their token after ICO or after listed on exchanges.
For Example. I got the news on No Bs CRYPTO (Nobs) burning their 75% of the total supply.

Proof link: https://nobscrypto.com/blog/announcement-2018-10-16/

What's the advantagess and disadvantages of burning the token?

To my best knowledge. Token burn is a means of reducing the total and circulating supply of the token, to help the value of the token increase in the market.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:19:52 PM

Hi guys, I noticed some projects use to burn their token after ICO or after listed on exchanges.
For Example. I got the news on No Bs CRYPTO (Nobs) burning their 75% of the total supply.

Proof link: https://nobscrypto.com/blog/announcement-2018-10-16/

What's the advantagess and disadvantages of burning the token?

To my best knowledge. Token burn is a means of reducing the total and circulating supply of the token, to help the value of the token increase in the market.
They are thinking that's the instant method to increase the price of their coins but it looks wrong. The result will depend on the development, even you burn your almost all of your tokens and if there was no a good development and it will become another crap coin. What's the usefulness of token without any utility?
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:21:27 PM

I don't know much about this but as I think token burn will make total supply amount of token decreased and it's also mean that price of token will increase but sometime it'll not happen as develop team hope Smiley). There are so many tokens which burned but price kept falling all the time Smiley). It's also a good way to create a pump but it still depend on quality of project behind.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████