Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:22:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MOAMiner - Profit Switcher with Cloud Monitoring (NVIDIA/AMD) [TurnKey]  (Read 448 times)
MOAMiner (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 11:24:21 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2018, 07:09:42 PM by MOAMiner

MOAMiner is a Mining Manager Software for GPUMining (altcoins) on Windows doing Profit Switching with Cloud Monitoring included (see example). This software is developed since a longer time and is currently in BETA phase. That means we are still adding features and you may experience minor bugs or partly missing functionality.

TurnKey Solution: Install MOAMiner -> select pools -> start mining -> earn BTC - as easy as it gets
(MOAMiner does PoolMining with AutoExchange option)

Download: http://moaminer.com (Installer available, this .exe will only care for downloading the current version and Windows Defender whitelisting)
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/MabJRKp

MOAMiner has no upfront cost but it will switch to Fee Mining for 15 Minutes just 5 minutes per day during beta (equals 0.3% during beta). You get an extensive UI, Online Monitoring, several workflow tools and a high level of automatism.

We want to invite you, to test our software and tell us, how you like it - also let us know if you need any other features. MOAMiner is mainly based on user feedback and we will try to add any requested feature.

Fully Configurable:
You can add your own miners, you  during betas and new algorithms. As long as MOA knows how to handle the interfaces. There is also a generic JSON interface for new miners where the API is not natively supported.

Pool Compatibility:
MOAMiner will come with NH, MPH and several yiimp pools preconfigured. As MOAMiner currently relies on pools which report profitdata based on BTC, auto-exchange pools are recommended yet not forced. Be aware, that we did no tests with other pools than the ones currently included. Feel free to try your own or ask us for integration.

Benchmarking:
MOAMiner combines your GPUs into groups of the same kind and benchmarks them together. Multiple groups are benchmarked simultaneously and the system can also update the benchmarks during regular mining (experimental) - we regularly deploy updates which may include new mining software and algorithms; those will be downloaded/installed/benchmarked automatically and the rig will proceed with it's work without any intervention (hopefully)

Profit Switching
MOAMiner is collecting profit information from all configured pools to find the currently most profitable algorithm based on your benchmarks - each group of GPUs will do this independently. So if you have 1080, 1070 and 1070Ti in the same rigs, each GPU may mine its own algorithm which is currently most profitable. Profitability can be set as "most earnings" or "most efficient" (max earnings after electricity)

Online Monitoring
(see our testrig) MOAMiner includes it's own monitoring service (and email notifications) with no extra costs and no need to open any ports on your rigs. Simply connect to your moaminer.com account and you can view your current rig stats from anywhere. This feature is included and comes with no extra costs. We do currently not improve the beta version of the online monitoring system, it will be improved and overhault later on. Please consider the current online services as placeholder (there is no password recovery), yet it still serves the purpose of showing your rig stats and sending out email if a rig goes offline. No remote controlling of rigs (security reasons)

Additional Features
Pool Balance Tracking (of configured pools)
Profit History Tracking (tracks what your rigs were doing the last 24/48h)

MOAMiner comes with the following miners preconfigured: claymore, sgminer, ccminer, nanashi, xmrig, trex, cryptodredge, bminer, suprminer, zenemy - if you want less miners, you can always cancel benchmarking and disable miners in the settings. After installation, benchmarking can take some time.

MOAMiner was originally written to handle mining farms (and a modified version is still used for that purpose in several farms) and repurposed for use on individual rigs. We encourage Win 10 64bit (and will not test any older versions). MOA can work wih AMD and NVIDIA GPUS but will not utilize CPU for mining (there is little to no reason for profit switching on CPU) but it may be added later (low priority target). MOAMiner will not be open source but we try to make the software as transparent as possible. We do not do giveaways, we do not say it's free - we collect the mining fee and that's it.

We are looking forward to your feedback and maybe some user request for new features. We made this software for you and to boost crypto, so we really are interested in how to improve it

Upcoming planned but not yet implemented features:
OC Handling - let MOAMiner find the the best OC per card/algo and/or schedule OC settings depending on several parameters.

MOAMiner - Automatic Algorithm Switching Software with Online Monitoring - watch our testrigs (http://moaminer.com/public/xMozfE0T)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 06:22:09 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2018, 11:44:10 AM by MOAMiner

If some of you are up for experiments and early checking new features, you can also opt to use pre-release versions, as we release them (announced in our discord channel). Those may contain bugs, so you better not use them in productive environments. As a bonus, using pre-release versions lets you verify in advance if new features will collide with your current configurations (if you're using your own)

To get the current pre-release version (we call it "testing-branch") you just start moaminer.exe with "--getbeta" parameter. Be sure to watch the according discord channel for changes, bugs and informations.
(read more: https://github.com/MOAMiner/MOAMiner/wiki/Testing-Branch)

If you prefer the safe way, you can just wait until the next features are released officially - in that case, your installation will update automatically and provide you with everything to usw new features. We always try to make migration complete without issus, but please be aware that during beta you should check your rigs after updating, if everything runs normally again (new versions will be announced in discord as well)

We will also setup a github repo with default configs - it may be a great way for people to share their configs for different miners

MOAMiner - Automatic Algorithm Switching Software with Online Monitoring - watch our testrigs (http://moaminer.com/public/xMozfE0T)
MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 11:53:58 AM

Lot's of new miners where added (thanks to everyone helping us!)

The current version of MOAMiner makes it even simpler to add more miners to your installation - MOAMiner is coming closer to being the most versatile mining manager out there. We still have a long list of desired features, but we really want your opinion on what you would like to see in the next update

We also setup a github page for MOAMiner, which we may or may not use in the future to distribute different miner configurations. We will also use the wiki feature and we would also check issues or anything else you'll post over there: https://github.com/MOAMiner/MOAMiner

Release Notes:

* fix: display bug in headers for mining groups
* fix: working-directoy now correct for miners in a subdirectory
* fix: negative profit estimates are now resolved
* fix: fee was not saved when editing miner config
* genericJSON API: added "multiplier" attribute in Path-Info for Hashrate
* added new variable for command line: "$DLISTMULTI" - will add each device as a single "-d" parameter
* added several new miners for new algorithms
* fixed some minor performance bugs
* fix: self-closing miners now recognized more reliably
* fix: command line for xmrig amd had a wrong parameter

technosaviour

Activity: 49
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 05:49:24 PM

Looks interesting, I'll try it out.
But just wanted to whats your selling point. Like there are miners like WinMiner, NiceHash etc who are already popular.
Why would someone be interested in your Miner ?

TechnoSaviour ▲▼ Crypto and Mining Channel ▲▼ https://www.youtube.com/c/technosaviour
newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:40:45 AM

Hi MOAMiner devs,

I used to have multple rigs running, up to around 16 GPUs at most, but since profits are way down lately and I live in a country where electricity is VERY expensive - I am now mostly just running a few GPUs to mine specific coins on low power algorithms which I think may have a bright future, and I HODL those coins instead of exchanging to BTC or algo mining.

Is there any point running MOAMiner with just a few GPUs, like 4 1070s when I pay $0.18 per kWh for electricity? I suspect I will be lucky to make $0.10 a day right? And I know that most of those algo mining pools have minimum payouts.

Also I noted that you support only Windows 10. I really don't like Windows 10 with all it's telemetry and data gathering, so I hope you might try a Linux version in future.

I do have a Windows 8.1 machine and may try it and see if it will run on that just for fun.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 09:29:28 AM

Looks interesting, I'll try it out.
But just wanted to whats your selling point. Like there are miners like WinMiner, NiceHash etc who are already popular.
Why would someone be interested in your Miner ?

WinMiner / NiceHash for example are also good one-click solutions but they are limited (which is fine for some). MOAMiner tries to be as easy as possible while being versatile. It does not hardlimit you to a distinct pool or algorithms but still gives you all the features you'd need as a miner. With the FeeMining approach in MOA, the costs are always relative to your profit, so in hard times like now, this is a benefit.

atm. MOAMiner is settled between AwesomeMiner (which has extra cost for monitoring but versatile) and NiceHash (limited to its own algorithms but easy) - while still adding features. The idea is to create a tool which will suit anyone with the least amount of limits.

That's also where you - the miners - come in. We really want your feedback to make the software better, what features are you missing from your current solution, what do you dislike with your current solutions and also - for sur - what do you dislike with MOAMiner after you tried it.

MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 09:43:43 AM

Is there any point running MOAMiner with just a few GPUs, like 4 1070s when I pay $0.18 per kWh for electricity? I suspect I will be lucky to make $0.10 a day right? And I know that most of those algo mining pools have minimum payouts.

The current version of MOAMiner is more tailored for Algo-Switching with no coins in mind (basically auto-exchange is currently favored) - direct CoinMining will be added later. 0.18/kwh is quite heavy, what we did with our 1070 (as they are a bit less profitable than 1070Ti) - we had them run at just 50%. This is only feasible on rigs with lots of GPUs because otherwise the rig overhead (in terms of power consumption) is just too high. (We had our 1070 rig on an old AMD Sempron 1-core, which was a nice test about how well will MOA run on such underpowered rigs). You'd need to try yourself if there is any benefit left at your power costs, because I cannot give you any current measurements for 1070 - it could happen, that if you dedicate 1 of your rigs to automining, that it will gather enough to pay the electricity for another rig which does coinmining. Maybe.

Also I noted that you support only Windows 10. I really don't like Windows 10 with all it's telemetry and data gathering, so I hope you might try a Linux version in future.

I do have a Windows 8.1 machine and may try it and see if it will run on that just for fun.

MOAMiner does rely on several system dependencies for all features, and I doubt that all of these will be available under Linux distributions - so no, there is currently no linux version, and there won't be one anytime soon, we don't have any ressources left to do it to be honest. Personally I don't care about data gathering (whatever) on a mining rig. Never tried on Win8.1 - curious howit turns out. We had it running on Win7 for a while, where  it runs normally but the GUI looks a bit odd

MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 07:10:40 PM

Thanks to whoever gifted me some merit, so I could add images to the post. Will add more images of several parts of the software over time.

MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 05:43:16 PM

We are currently testing MOAMiner on a rig with many mixed cards and do some bugfixing because of gpu-ordering issues. There is already a new testing-branch available which will some of those issues. So if you have some mixed rigs at your disposal and had problems with MOAMiner, you may try the new TestingBranch available.

In the process we also discovered some quirks with the current Setup Assistant, which should be resolved in the next official update. Let us know if you have any problems during setup, so we can help out or deliver hot fixes asap.

It's also pretty easy to adapt your installation for new algos and miners - but some of them may need some bit of tweaking and we make it easier as soon as we discover something wonky.

Xazax310

Activity: 246
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:23:10 PM

Had an impossible time getting this miner software to install/run RVN. I think Windows Defender is blocking/killing any downloads of it. How could I fix this?
MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 07:56:07 PM

Had an impossible time getting this miner software to install/run RVN. I think Windows Defender is blocking/killing any downloads of it. How could I fix this?

The installer tries to whitelist the relevant directory which is "<moaminer-directory>/bin" (better the whole moa dir) if you manage to whitelist this directory defender should be satisfied. Also be sure that your firewall (if any) is not blocking the download (whitelist moaminer.exe). If everything fails you can download the file manually and put it into "download" folder of moaminer, where the software will pick it up.

RVN works flawlessly on multiple rigs - works best with T-Rex (if nvidia)

edop2005

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:14:17 AM

Which pool would you recommend for AMD cards? (Rx Vega)
I don't see many pools with cryptonight.
MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 09:39:26 AM

A quick solution to find a good pool from the pre-configured ones is, to first activate all of them and then look into the Profit Readings (Click on the mining group header in main window) and see which pool has the most working algos in the top positions, deactivate all other pools afterwards again.

But you can always just add other (yiimp-based) pools to your liking.

If you find any non-yiimp pool you would want to be able to use, just let us know and we will look into it in order to add needed interfaces

MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 10:33:36 PM

Update 0.6.0

* pools extra settings are now obligate when activating a pool (settings currency etc)
* you can now deactivate automatic installation of new miners coming from update
* fix: Generic API Settings are now copied when adding an updated miner version
* fix: GPU order on mixed nvidia rigs are now correct
* fix: algorithm substitutes are now working as expected
* fix: File->Exit is finally working
* detailed device information now available in process window
* active/inactive gpus are now preserved between sessions
* Group Details Windows are now persistant and do not close when mining stops
* +miner: added new version of trex
* +algo: added x13bcd (blockmasters) substitute to work as bcd

MOAMiner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 10:01:27 AM

Update 0.6.1

* fixes a bug with reading API from MiningPoolHub when some fields are populated with "null" instead of a number

preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 03:08:56 PM

no updates?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: