Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:50:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency?  (Read 3661 times)
zemper

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:59:44 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?

As for me, the correct tactic is the distribution of money by several coins. If you invest money in one coin, perhaps its price may fall and is long below. And you have to either invest more money or wait until the price returns.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Patrix_1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:07:20 AM

You should never invest everything in one sector, because it is very important to diversify your funds! But right now it is a perfect moment to start investing in crypto currencies because we are now at the deepest level of 2018.
HertzCoin

Activity: 239

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:26:20 PM

I think living in a house of straw is much safer than investing everything in one coin . It sounds crazy to begin with .
NomanBD

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:33:09 PM

I'm sorry to say that it's a bad idea. Sometimes investment decision goes horribly wrong after all those hard work and research. Luck is a great factor here. So, I think You will think twice about your decision.
CryptoBull31

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:11:38 PM

Putting everything in Bitcoin is MUCH safer than putting some of it in altcoins. You can make money with altcoin trading but none of them comes nowhere near the store of value aspect of bitcoin. When it comes to long term investment bitcoin is the safest crypto option by a long stretch. Of course one cryptocurrency doesn't mean one wallet, you should it spread in many wallets (only open source wallets of course like Armory, Electrum, HODLER or running your own node with Bitcoin Qt), securing backups and so on.
IndianaJons

Activity: 336

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:11:29 PM

I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?

It is better to distribute your investments in at least 5 projects. If several of them bring you losses, then the profit from the remaining projects will be able to cover them.
By investing your money in 1 or 2 projects you are very much at risk. You can lose everything, well, or very, very much to earn. What to do is up to you.

faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 01:51:51 PM

Well, I see no wrong investing in one kind of coin but personally, I prefer holding multiple kind of coin since it would be easy to do since there is a multiwallet available. This would mean that you can have multiple kind of coin in the safest and simplest way. Don't just peak a multi wallet, I'll recommend you to try Hodler wallet which is the onlt open source multiasset wallet available. Most wallet could not be trusted since most are closed source and does not provide private key.
Successv

Activity: 207
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 01:53:54 PM

In my opinion, it’s safest to keep all your money in different coins, so it can be safer!
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:00:11 PM

It is very dangerous to invest everything you have in just one coin considering the level of uncertainty we have in the crypto market now where so manipulation is going on.I will advice that you should spread it over some coin that have got prospect, and if anything should go wrong with any if the coin,then you can use other to minimize your loss and maximize your profit.
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:13:49 PM

Putting all your savings into the crypto market is already a very risky investment, if you want to put everything in one coin and take all the risks, then I will call you crazy.
At least diversify your portfolio in order to be able to reduce the potential risks of loss. Better not to invest at all now.
victory.lil

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:14:27 PM

It will definitely not be profitable, because now the market is in a fall stage, so I think that everything that you invest from those tokens that you sell for a penny will buy the same penny and in general it will not make any difference only you centralize your dep.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:19:32 PM

Actually, it's very risky and not recommended, even if you are holding a strong coin, each coin has it's own bull and bear trend, you could lose everything if you just hang on to one coin, spread your portfolio and track each and every one of those coin.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:25:03 PM

IMO, putting all your capital in one coin is a risky move. Whereas, spitting your capital in a few coins will help to diversify the risks. If one of the projects does not make it, you still have other projects to fall onto.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:45:02 PM

I think that you need to keep at least 5 swift coins, I personally hold 15-20, but this is very much, since it is very difficult to follow all of them, the most optimal number is 8-9 coins

Torbeks

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:55:34 PM

It depends on where you will distribute it. If its a top 10-20 coins, I don't see any problems with that. However, if its a newly established coin or low ranking coin, I think it will be best to reconsider your decision on where you will allocate your asset. If you were a trader, it is highly recommended to hodl multiple coins especially if you have a big capital. For those who were just starting to trade with small capital, you can have a coin or to as long as you will hodl it for a long time.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:56:21 PM

well, I think you know that you can not keep all your money in one coin, you need to distribute them so that there is not too much chance to lose all the money in one coin

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:59:02 PM

well, I think you know that you can not keep all your money in one coin, you need to distribute them so that there is not too much chance to lose all the money in one coin
yes of course, investing or saving our money in one asset or wallet is very stupid. we can save with many variants. many assets that we can have, and we can benefit from them all.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:04:12 PM

It is absolutely not safe if you consider your investment as an investment.
If you just want to keep your funds in cryptocurrency, then this is quite a normal decision, albeit a risky one. The safety of these funds will depend only on you. Also, the price of your initial investment may fall due to a downturn in the market. Be careful.
anshkumandhan
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:55:42 PM

For me, I do not think that all money should be invested in only one coin. Because we all know that the market situation is not good in today's time, and it is not stable. But it's depends on your choice of where you want to invest but to keep yourself safe you should research with great intensity.
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:56:46 PM

only if trust this cryptucrrency but even in this sotition i would recommend youto he carefula nd not to do this so thoughtless
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: