Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:38:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Developer For Hire  (Read 1479 times)
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2011, 11:37:25 AM

I have 12+ years of experience with Delphi. I can code just about any kind of desktop application, client-server application, database application, etc. Please tell me about your project and I'll try to quote you an approximate number of hours it would take to complete. My current rate is 93.75 BTC per hour. I use timekeeping software so everything billed is accounted for and justified. My email address is sales@bitcoin2cash.com if you'd prefer to contact me that way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2011, 05:25:33 PM

My rates are typical for a freelance programmer with my experience.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2011, 07:39:14 PM

Yeah, I know a guy in Canada who charges $100-$150.

Makes me wish I had chosen differently back in my university days!
MDKing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2011, 09:38:14 PM

Yeah, I know a guy in Canada who charges $100-$150.

Makes me wish I had chosen differently back in my university days!

That rate is pretty normal here in Ontario, Canada but given the way things have been going in the defence/high tech. industry I hope your friend has a long contract lined up, if he works in this sector. The days when you could consult/contract out of your basement and make $100+ an hour are gone.

I'm an engineer and it's not uncommon to see my employer bill my time externally for 3x to 4x what I actually take home so your friend offering $100 to $150 is probably very competitive depending on his experience and clearances. For example, my former co-worker who was our technical lead maked something around $85 an hour (plus benefits, etc... ) with an external charge rate of $250 an hour.

$93.75BTC/hour for someone with 12+ years of experience, assuming it's formal work experience, not hobby work, is actually quite affordable.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2011, 06:44:59 PM

I am also willing to bid by the project instead of hourly if your budget is really tight and the project isn't too complicated. For example, back-end services that need to periodically perform actions, such as backing up your wallet to some cloud service, etc.
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 07:53:39 PM

For example, back-end services that need to periodically perform actions, such as backing up your wallet to some cloud service, etc.
bitcoin2cash, how about a free, open source app to do just that. I'm sure you'd get plenty of tips.

edit: I could even provide a server for that
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2011, 08:05:09 PM

For example, back-end services that need to periodically perform actions, such as backing up your wallet to some cloud service, etc.
bitcoin2cash, how about a free, open source app to do just that. I'm sure you'd get plenty of tips.

edit: I could even provide a server for that

I'm definitely interested in developing donation funded open source applications that are of value to the Bitcoin community. I just need to find something that's got enough demand behind it.
CajunTechie

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2011, 09:31:54 PM

I've actually been working on such a thing for the last two days if anyone is interested in pitching in. Basically, it's a secure way to backup and restore your wallet to the cloud. Will use a P2P system for redundancy and AES-256 bit encryption for the wallet files. Both client and server will be open source so it can be run by anyone and will run on Linux, Windows, and Mac. Continued development will hopefully be community funded.

Screenshot of client (progress so far) attached.

Thoughts? Ideas?
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7CaoA7d1ppxNjg3NjBlNTktM2M2NS00ZDZhLTg4ODYtOGUxYmRlMTdlZTY3&hl=en
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 03:23:31 PM

bitcoin2cash... what is your updated rate?

One off NP-Hard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: