Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:26:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LastLaughingGuy - day trading diary  (Read 47689 times)
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 94
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:57:48 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:53:04 PM by mprep

long DOCK 60k at 0,00000450
small position since its a pump hype coin ...anything can happen

long 5000 OAX 4939

edit: i think in the future i will not post those scalps since while posting it -it basically alrdy did hit my exit target around 5200 but did not exit for showing first clean entry and exit here ...

2nd Edit
long 5000 OAX 4751 this time at the 61.8 retracement ..that escalates quickly ..

3rd Edit: Oax at 4508 - getting totally screwed here - i cought the pnd coin which doesn't show any counter move anymore  Cheesy. iam just waiting for an upmove to sell in to but i know already it will be good loss.

moved stop loss to 0,00000449 - not giving it any more room to the downside
EDIT:
60K more long at 0,0000455

Stop loss for all 120k now 0,00000449

long 5000 OAX 4939

edit: i think in the future i will not post those scalps since while posting it -it basically alrdy did hit my exit target around 5200 but did not exit for showing first clean entry and exit here ...

2nd Edit
long 5000 OAX 4751 this time at the 61.8 retracement ..that escalates quickly ..

3rd Edit: Oax at 4508 - getting totally screwed here - i cought the pnd coin which doesn't show any counter move anymore  Cheesy. iam just waiting for an upmove to sell in to but i know already it will be good loss.

Sold OAX 10k at average: 0,00004522 for a 0,03btc and almost -7% loss. will recap later - super bad trade

here the orders:

moved stop loss to 0,00000449 - not giving it any more room to the downside
EDIT:
60K more long at 0,0000455

Stop loss for all 120k now 0,00000449

Sold 120k DOCK for 0,00000461 saving the 1.5% gain here. volume is drying up, danger of a dump increases. should have sold half at the resistance around 475 but thats always easy to say in retrospec

here the orders

--------------------------------------------
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:22:17 PM

Tether and bitcoin pair is the best to trade as there is big volume to it and there will be no loss when you exit with USDT and then buy back BTC after dip, its what most of the traders do. I hope to see your 2.9 BTC increase. If there were only copy trade.

I try to avoid tether as much as possible tbh and would love if binance would get fiat pairs instead.
Buying the dip is easy in retrospec but in the moment tether loses 5-10-15 -20% ....there is a chance that thing is imploding. i think its a scam. maybe it has only like a 5% chance to fail soon but that means we got a 1 in 20 chance to go broke with that strategy. If you want to stay in the game for many years you need to avoid those things at all costs. Sooner or later you will get trapped there. It is all about preservation of your trading capital, after that comes the goal to increase that.

After i startet trading in 2001 i took that lesson with Enron (u guys can google it if you dont know what it is) I lost like 40% of my capital on that one. Chart sais it all... there was no dip Smiley

(for some reason the pic won't show - just the link)

LLG

Good thing you see the future of Tether.
That is the real thing that will happen. Soon all those money that is in there will be like dust. They wont even see it when the wind blew all of a sudden.
So what coin or token are you pairing your bitcoin?
Yeah would also love if there is fiat to be paired with but that is somehow impossible though it is a good thing also for the crypto  currencies to be used more.
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:13:10 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:53:49 PM by mprep

Tether and bitcoin pair is the best to trade as there is big volume to it and there will be no loss when you exit with USDT and then buy back BTC after dip, its what most of the traders do. I hope to see your 2.9 BTC increase. If there were only copy trade.

I try to avoid tether as much as possible tbh and would love if binance would get fiat pairs instead.
Buying the dip is easy in retrospec but in the moment tether loses 5-10-15 -20% ....there is a chance that thing is imploding. i think its a scam. maybe it has only like a 5% chance to fail soon but that means we got a 1 in 20 chance to go broke with that strategy. If you want to stay in the game for many years you need to avoid those things at all costs. Sooner or later you will get trapped there. It is all about preservation of your trading capital, after that comes the goal to increase that.

After i startet trading in 2001 i took that lesson with Enron (u guys can google it if you dont know what it is) I lost like 40% of my capital on that one. Chart sais it all... there was no dip Smiley

(for some reason the pic won't show - just the link)

LLG

Good thing you see the future of Tether.
That is the real thing that will happen. Soon all those money that is in there will be like dust. They wont even see it when the wind blew all of a sudden.
So what coin or token are you pairing your bitcoin?
Yeah would also love if there is fiat to be paired with but that is somehow impossible though it is a good thing also for the crypto  currencies to be used more.

I dont actually. I'm thinking in btc and doing all that to generate as many btc as possible speculating on way higher prices in the future. If I'm going short thats mainly short term since i need my btc's for trading alts. theses days i would use TrueUSD at binance. but actually i would also use my bitmex acc to short XBT if i really think we are going down for several days. I know that if we go down my account will shrink too but thats fine since I'm a long time btc hodler.

I said I will short on bitmex when we go down but yeah ...that exchange i also find super shady and who knows what will happen to bitmex if tether would implode but i will not have much on there anyway.

long 6376 NANO at 3120

rumours about listing on huobi ...big position ...will reduce quickly if it goes against me

Edit - sold 25% at 3122 - scaling out abit since it was a 2btc position

long 6376 NANO at 3120

rumours about listing on huobi ...big position ...will reduce quickly if it goes against me

Edit - sold 25% at 3122 - scaling out abit since it was a 2btc position

https://huobiglobal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000180502-Huobi-Global-Launches-Nano-on-October-31-16-30-GMT-8-

not much TA on that news ...i'm speculating for a listing pump. Huobi is a big exchange, it's nice for nano if it would get listed. I will hold my remaining position although its abit big - relativ to account size.
IF ...if we really see a strong move on that news and we manage to go through the 33-34 zone,  my target would be infact the 37-38 region.
So far the volume is too weak but i will give it some time - riskiing about 3% to the downside.

Hi guys,

wanted to provide some content:)
here a trade i planned at the moment ...looking for a long in WPR

ICX missed the entry - very nice  bounce from the support area - will wait for a pullback for a possible entry

Hi guys,

wanted to provide some content:)
here a trade i planned at the moment ...looking for a long in WPR

1st entry missed by 1% ... would have liked to take the trade.
time to go to bed then Smiley

Hi all,

couldnt trade last 2 days due to work load.
I sold my Nano at  0,0003090.

speculation that huobi listing would boost the price didnt work. I lost roughly 1% on that trade.
It is holding now and it also could go up, but reason for entry was the listing which didnt work so i go out of the position.

here my orders like posted

here my trades so far

after 2 weeks I'm down 0.022 btc.
despite the fact that i dont have so much time at the moment, the market also doesnt offer so many great opportunities. I'm fine with the results. i did not blow off any big ammounts - the qualitiy of the trades is so far not amazing but it is how it is Smiley

here something i cant stress enough. It is abolutely ok not always  be involved trying to hunt one of the very few very good setups at a cost of staring at the screen 16h a day. the whole thing is a marathone. I know if you need to make a living from trading you constantly have the urge to not miss any good trade. but you also need times to slow down and rest. the market will change at some point and very good setups will pop up one after another. there it is time use the extra resources you saved during the not so perfect trading periods.
I experienced my self that i wanted to force it during the times where trading is really tough. Results where meehhh ...basically trading for the broker / exchange, wasting precious time and not being really prepared for the "printing money" period or simply to exhausted to use a significant part of it once it pops up out of nowhere.

hi all,

possible buy setup for salt
entry 1138 (laddered entries starting from 1143 down to 1133)
stop loss 1119
target: 1177

Reasoning:
possible bat pattern
support zone (prior resistance),
rsi will reach over sold region if we drop down there.
61.8 retracement of the bigger move from 1075 => 1240

comparable setup for DNT (really low volume coin, risk reward abit worst than in salt)

entries at 1143 / 1141 and 1139 hit so far. Bought 4k of total 6k up to now.

hi all,

possible buy setup for salt
entry 1138 (laddered entries starting from 1143 down to 1133)
stop loss 1119
target: 1177

Reasoning:
possible bat pattern
support zone (prior resistance),
rsi will reach over sold region if we drop down there.
61.8 retracement of the bigger move from 1075 => 1240

Sold 6k  Salt 1105 - Entry 1138 => -3%

Hi all,

unfortunate Salt trade - took the maximum loss here.
It went down close to my stop loss (i placed it at 1117 since 1118 was a buy all) and bounced 4% reaching the adjusted target zone after the drop to 1118 (38.2% retracement 1240=> 1118).
That all happened why asleep though and since i cant put sell orders and stop loss at the same time, i missed the exit.
i also had trouble then getting out of the position which resulted in a bad exit of 1105 - thats the problem with low volume coins in general.

exits:

entries:

entries at 1143 / 1141 and 1139 hit so far. Bought 4k of total 6k up to now.

bought 70000 DNT at 450

bought 245 NEO 0,002576

RSI was quite high so its abit of a fomo entry. i really like the bottom and the bear trap. maybe ill add some at around 0,002515

Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:20:24 PM

Well, we are the same! I want to buy stocks or cryptocurrencies at a shorter time. I don't to hold them for a long period of time because I know that there is always dropping of price. That's why I am planning for a stock and preparing each time I buy coins so that, I can easily dispose them whenever my bias does not matter.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:31:37 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:56:55 PM by mprep

looking for a short entry in BCC

0,09000 resistance area
raising wedge
divergence on the 15 min chart

one last push maybe?

edit: i give it a try:

short 7 bcc 0,00879 => bitmex price

Well, we are the same! I want to buy stocks or cryptocurrencies at a shorter time. I don't to hold them for a long period of time because I know that there is always dropping of price. That's why I am planning for a stock and preparing each time I buy coins so that, I can easily dispose them whenever my bias does not matter.

time is relative. maximum for me is days. Reason is simple: the longer you hold the more you need to know about fundamentals and since i got no clue about fundamentals and dontr want to do any research if for example the dev team is legit - i treat all coins as a scam.

thats also the reason why i always use a stop loss - although you are getting shaken out often. i dont want to wake up reading that one dev was exit scamming ...or the coin got delisted ...or hacked or whatever.

0,09000 resistance area
raising wedge

one last push maybe?

bcc rolling over here

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:29:12 AM

here my trades so far

after 2 weeks I'm down 0.022 btc.
despite the fact that i dont have so much time at the moment, the market also doesnt offer so many great opportunities. I'm fine with the results. i did not blow off any big ammounts - the qualitiy of the trades is so far not amazing but it is how it is Smiley

here something i cant stress enough. It is abolutely ok not always  be involved trying to hunt one of the very few very good setups at a cost of staring at the screen 16h a day. the whole thing is a marathone. I know if you need to make a living from trading you constantly have the urge to not miss any good trade. but you also need times to slow down and rest. the market will change at some point and very good setups will pop up one after another. there it is time use the extra resources you saved during the not so perfect trading periods.
I experienced my self that i wanted to force it during the times where trading is really tough. Results where meehhh ...basically trading for the broker / exchange, wasting precious time and not being really prepared for the "printing money" period or simply to exhausted to use a significant part of it once it pops up out of nowhere.

Don't you think your attention is divided over many cryptocurrency pairs and I think you would fare better with more attention and focus on fewer pairs - I see 9 pairs above. That also would translate to much more fund at your disposal to average a trade that showed strong signals, but not moving to fast the when you took a position with RSI at 30, if it goes further down, I would start to average the position myself.
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:41:41 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:57:13 PM by mprep

Hi all;

Short 3 more BCC 0,0862

i missed the exit yesterday on a drop from 0,089 to 0,82 on bitmex.
BCC did recover pretty well but without making higher highs.

0,09000 resistance area
raising wedge

one last push maybe?

bcc rolling over here

bought 70000 DNT at 450

DNT i will sell below 430.
0 Volume -slow bleeding
basically the overall problem with that type of coin. pumped and then forgotten until it will get pumped the next time (similar to salt trade). I guess for now i will not touch those coins with a daily volume lower than 250 BTC. Normally i wasnt trading anything below 500 btc daily volume.

Don't you think your attention is divided over many cryptocurrency pairs and I think you would fare better with more attention and focus on fewer pairs - I see 9 pairs above. That also would translate to much more fund at your disposal to average a trade that showed strong signals, but not moving to fast the when you took a position with RSI at 30, if it goes further down, I would start to average the position myself.

the last 2 weeks i wasn't invested very much. I'm looking at charts and priceaction and decide if i can see suitable setups. my trades dont last long and i will average a position only if it was planed prior to entry or i have good reasoning. what is not my strategy is adding on lower and sitting it out. just becasue i got 9 different pairs in that overview doesn't mean iam watching those coins 24/7.

The ammount of coins i got to trade is actually a problem for me. there are only around 25 coins on binance with a daily volume higher than 500 btc. Not many charts where you can look for a good setup. thats why i find myself suddenly in coins like DNT  Grin

GVT - entering the 61.8 retracement zones which was also prior resistance.
Will try to trade a rebound in that region

bought 70000 DNT at 450

DNT i will sell below 430.
0 Volume -slow bleeding
basically the overall problem with that type of coin. pumped and then forgotten until it will get pumped the next time (similar to salt trade). I guess for now i will not touch those coins with a daily volume lower than 250 BTC. Normally i wasnt trading anything below 500 btc daily volume.

Sold 700000 DNT for 421,6

just too weak - no more micro volume coins :=)

just 0.02 btc loss on that -6.5% trade since my position size was small - at least.

boty

Activity: 1162
Merit: 208

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:53:46 PM

your experience is very extraordinary and when you are trading with very little capital and now you can get very much profit and of course your experience in your trading world gives a lot of motivation for these new traders to be able to imitate your trading method.

arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:54:50 PM

Bookmarking this thread for reference,just now that i have been seeing this thread an i found this very helpful specially for slow traders like me whos trying to find best strategy so i can become a full time trader.

Im gonna thank you in advance for this,and i will lt you know when I applied This already
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:04:30 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 11:58:41 PM by mprep

Bookmarking this thread for reference,just now that i have been seeing this thread an i found this very helpful specially for slow traders like me whos trying to find best strategy so i can become a full time trader.

Im gonna thank you in advance for this,and i will lt you know when I applied This already

very much interested in feedback Smiley.

but don't forget, market conditions change and so do our trading strategies.
To give you an example - right now break out trading doesn't work very well. In a bull market you buy a higher high put a close stop and let it run. But these days you get deep retracements, double tops, fake outs ..so you switch your strategy to trade e.g. those deep retracements and maybe also choose smaller trading positions.

i really find the current market tough to trade.

your experience is very extraordinary and when you are trading with very little capital and now you can get very much profit and of course your experience in your trading world gives a lot of motivation for these new traders to be able to imitate your trading method.

i hope you realize that after 2 weeks I have more losing trades,being down 0,06 btc in this thread.

but what i guess is, that you can't find many threads with that much transparency, posting the reality.

It should show that losses are part of the game and it helps me to be picky (i also would like to post one winning trade after another Smiley ), reducing my overall draw downs. 0,06 is really nothing and compensated by one good trade.

long 40000 ADA 0,00001194

QKC also entering an area with good rebound potential around 650 sats

entry zone missed by 1% ...if prices stay like that or recover abit more the daily will form a nice hammer. 170 as a next target realistic. still looking for anoither down wave but seems unlikely now.

long 52449 QKC at 650

first position of maybe a bigger rebound play.

long 40000 ADA 0,00001194

sold 40k ADA 1195

went out break even - here my bearish view

I had two more limits in the market today and bought 25k more at 625
the next limit was 25k at 615 which was the absolute low buit i only got filled 315 Sad ..at the moment not much working

at least we saw a bounce to 672 so far. if we really bounce from that area the next target 750 is not unrealistic.

long 52449 QKC at 650

the next limit was 25k at 615 which was the absolute low buit i only got filled 315 Sad ..at the moment not much working

at least we saw a bounce to 672 so far. if we really bounce from that area the next target 750 is not unrealistic.

long 52449 QKC at 650

Hi all,

bought 25k QKC at 615
so my 3rd tagert got hit and filled completely. pretty violent drop but it did hit the 61.8 retracement. we got a nice volume spike there now and definately buyers below 630.
if we can go above 650 it not looking bad.

Sold 245 NEO at 0,002547

position was already 5% in profit and again selling here with a 1% loss. "patience" doesn't pay off atm. patience means for me holding for several days Smiley.
I'm selling here because i think we will test the 25 area again and it is likely that we will see at least a dip below 2480 where my stop loss was located. so i save the extra 3-4% loss here.

We saw a failed break out and since then selling pressure. rest is in the chart
here the orders like posted.

bought 245 NEO 0,002576

RSI was quite high so its abit of a fomo entry. i really like the bottom and the bear trap. maybe ill add some at around 0,002515

Hi all,

short stopped out today 10 bcc at 0,0887. wasnt able to trade during the day so couldnt cover earlier seeing that the market was strong today. but it was stubborn enough to not put the stop to break even at least.

Hi all;

Short 3 more BCC 0,0862

here the trades:

cryptobull3

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:18:50 PM

I'm impressed , you made it 10x in less than 1 year! and 2018 was the red time and i think you could make it more if it was 2017 , trading in Bitmex is very riskey and I don't really take it's risk , I wish you luck in 2019 anyway!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:12:30 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 12:03:49 AM by mprep

I'm impressed , you made it 10x in less than 1 year! and 2018 was the red time and i think you could make it more if it was 2017 , trading in Bitmex is very riskey and I don't really take it's risk , I wish you luck in 2019 anyway!

Thank you!

i think its a good moment to post the results in that thread so far, just to show everyone that those numbers in the past dont mean that i make one profitable trade after another or that I'm profitable at all under the current market conditions.

long 52449 QKC at 650

Hi all,

bought 25k QKC at 615
so my 3rd tagert got hit and filled completely. pretty violent drop but it did hit the 61.8 retracement. we got a nice volume spike there now and definately buyers below 630.
if we can go above 650 it not looking bad.

Sold 102449 QKC with an average of 733

trades like posted:

That was a nice 15% trade which went like planned and resultet in an almost 0.1btc gain. pretty happy about it

Yes it could go higher since the counter move is more agressive than i thought and we are coming from the 61.8 retracement. but the last bounces where also around 20%, 750 is resistance in my eyes and ...i need to take the win also from an psycholigical point of view after so many losses in a row (which is in principle wrong - but i'm not perfect)

GVT bounced nicely too from the support area. i missed the entry there by 1%. I think that coin has more juice in it but waiting for a better entry now.. dont want to fomo.

long 4659 ZRX at 0,0001180

went down from 16.2k down to the prior break out area around 11.5k. looking for around 4-5% here. stop is tight (less than 1%) if its not moving now i get rid of it.

long 4659 ZRX at 0,0001180

went down from 16.2k down to the prior break out area around 11.5k. looking for around 4-5% here. stop is tight (less than 1%) if its not moving now i get rid of it.

Sold 4659 ZRX for 0,00011624

here the orders:
https://imgur.com/a/ABswNxs
nice litte fake out. also weak overall market too ofcourse. tight stop, so all good. as shown on the graph the importance of stop loss with that kind of trading.

Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:29:55 AM

the last 2 weeks i wasn't invested very much. I'm looking at charts and priceaction and decide if i can see suitable setups. my trades dont last long and i will average a position only if it was planed prior to entry or i have good reasoning. what is not my strategy is adding on lower and sitting it out. just becasue i got 9 different pairs in that overview doesn't mean iam watching those coins 24/7.

The ammount of coins i got to trade is actually a problem for me. there are only around 25 coins on binance with a daily volume higher than 500 btc. Not many charts where you can look for a good setup. thats why i find myself suddenly in coins like DNT  Grin
It seems you are doing your homework as well. This is better step in investing or trading. One should learn from the mistakes and better learn about the upcoming tragedies and plans. Keep this spirit high and make a good earning from it. And in case if you lose, don’t leave it. Keep on trying for harder and harder and ultimately things will get fine for you.
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:11:30 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 12:04:29 AM by mprep

Hi all,

looking for a buy in nano around 2750 area. multiple supports there.

Long 200 GVT 0,0015450

hit the 61.8 retracement of the last upmove. pretty violent drop from 167 to 158 but i will risk it. below 148 i will be stopped out. Maybe i add on later if it goes abit lower. thats why size is only 0.3btc

decided to risk some on the long side before going to bed.

long 7500 XRP at 0,00007868

it holding pretty good tbh and i specualte that the trendline breaks with more upwards potential.
Stop loss 0,00007739

Long 200 GVT 0,0015450

hit the 61.8 retracement of the last upmove. pretty violent drop from 167 to 158 but i will risk it. below 148 i will be stopped out. Maybe i add on later if it goes abit lower. thats why size is only 0.3btc

Added 100 more at 15350.
Stop loss for all 15099.
dont want to risk more while asleep. daily engulfing candle is pretty ugly.

Good night

decided to risk some on the long side before going to bed.

long 7500 XRP at 0,00007868

it holding pretty good tbh and i specualte that the trendline breaks with more upwards potential.
Stop loss 0,00007739

stop loss raised to 7799.
move up after breaking the short term down trend did not happen.
sideways for now - so i dont give it much room.

GVT similiar tbh. pretty weak. stop loss raised to 15199

long  9000  BAT at 0,0004245

-30% drop from 6k in the last 36h
-reaching buy level of a possible cypher pattern
-target area below the 38.2 retracement of the 6000=> 4100 down move
-stop loss at latest low 4130 making it a good risk reward

negativ: the violent drop from 6k increases the chance of a further drop

goiong to cinema with kids and wont be able to post trades in realtime.

new stop losses:

GVT 15299 (i will sell on the phone if we go to 164/165)
XRP  7839  (sell target around 8300)

goiong to cinema with kids and wont be able to post trades in realtime.

new stop losses:

GVT 15299 (i will sell on the phone if we go to 164/165)
XRP  7839  (sell target around 8300)

Hi all,

Sold 7500 XRP 7870  - break even

Sold 300 GVT 15282  - stop loss - -1%

Sold 9000 BAT 4119  - stop loss - -3%

trades like posted:
https://imgur.com/a/uxQAqVo

so basically i dont mind taking small losses since it is all part of my trading. on the other hand market is not easy at the moment and requires more micromanagement during the trade.
Good example is the BAT trade where i was alrdy 3% up. i could already see on the low volume during the upmove that it will most likely drop again. Better to take the 2% gain there or putting atleast the stop loss to break even.

It does add up over time!

here the BAT explanation:

Sold 245 NEO at 0,002547

position was already 5% in profit and again selling here with a 1% loss. "patience" doesn't pay off atm. patience means for me holding for several days Smiley.
I'm selling here because i think we will test the 25 area again and it is likely that we will see at least a dip below 2480 where my stop loss was located. so i save the extra 3-4% loss here.

We saw a failed break out and since then selling pressure. rest is in the chart
here the orders like posted.

bought 245 NEO 0,002576

played pretty much out like anticipated - happy to have gotten out there.

bought 50k MTH at 820

stop loss 779 - so pretty wide - but will reduce risk asap. above 825 or around 800 i may also add some more.

Edit - just did add 25k at 836

Stop loss for all now 799

Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:16:54 PM

Very impressive performance, trading is an full time job that requires some discipline and training. I have particularly managed and applied some of your trading strategies, but the bear market have not been very favorable as sometimes it appears to make more losses than gains. Will be following up your picks and possibly looking up at the coins you trade.

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:26:21 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 12:06:20 AM by mprep

Very impressive performance, trading is an full time job that requires some discipline and training. I have particularly managed and applied some of your trading strategies, but the bear market have not been very favorable as sometimes it appears to make more losses than gains. Will be following up your picks and possibly looking up at the coins you trade.

cool - that some of your trading style is in the same ball park. please give feedback to trading decisions - especially if you dont agree with some of my arguments Smiley

bought 50k MTH at 820

stop loss 779 - so pretty wide - but will reduce risk asap. above 825 or around 800 i may also add some more.

Edit - just did add 25k at 836

Stop loss for all now 799

MTH weakish - time and price wise. the addon at 836 was too much fomo - dont like it in retrospec.

i speculated for the green szenario. i guess i will sell below 815 - red szenraio.

wow MTH - thought i could sell manually around 814 - but huge dump now - iam still in my position...

MTH giving me headache.

dont really feal like selling here so close to the downtrend. but hate to let run so much against me. i did add 30k here to my position at 780 but have a definite stop loss in the the system now for 768.
hate the setup since iam "hoping" that it was just taking out the low of the 9th of November and will turn here. i just hate to hope. Smiley
iam going out at 768 no matter what since we are entering an area with low traded volume. so it may go south quickly.

meeeh

Sold 25% (26.5k) MTH 812

Sold 25% (26.5k) MTH 812

Rest got stopped out at 768
here the trades:
https://imgur.com/a/nX2ZOdn

very unhappy with my trade. no clue why i went just out with 1/4th at 812 - which would have been break even. instead i keep holding overnight getting stopped out with the rest 4% lower.

on more thing: at the moment the bounces of the support areas are not at all very dynamic (in most of the cases). its more like a bottom building before we see a move up. so at the moment i will try less to catch or anticipate turning points and wait more for a better spot to enter a trade.

keanne_isaac

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:01:03 PM

Thank you for regularly posting your thoughts in crypto market I hope you can add your technical analysis on xrp and what's your thought of NEM? Currently holding both of coin and just waiting for break out. I hope I can do the same of what you are doing but I have my job to work with and no time to monitor crypto trading.
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:35:52 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 12:07:01 AM by mprep

Thank you for regularly posting your thoughts in crypto market I hope you can add your technical analysis on xrp and what's your thought of NEM? Currently holding both of coin and just waiting for break out. I hope I can do the same of what you are doing but I have my job to work with and no time to monitor crypto trading.

I'm having a fulltime job too and spend on average 2.5h in the car for that job on top. Just find your trading style according to your schedule. no need to follow crypto all the time. Btw the reason why iam posting at that time is i'm at home bcs both of my kids are sick  Grin.
I'm btw happy of doing crypto just in my spare time. takes so much pressure of your shoulders to actually not to have earn money for living. you can take your time - focus on preserving your capital - and winnings will come sooner or later.

when you ask about my points of view regarding a coin, you would need to tell what time you are looking at. long time i cant give an opinion since i have no knowledge about fundeamentals.

Your question sounds like you are interested in long term. on the other hand you tell you are waiting for a break out. both coins managed that alrdy in my opinion.
The daily charts look good.

Xrp did alrdy have a good run and NEM just had 2 very nice days.

If XRP can break above 8500-8600 we can go to 9500 , above that 12000 can happen. For me the chart looks strong.

NEM: one of the few charts i like outthere.
if it can hold above 1700 its looking good. Above the last highs of 1950 i dont see any major resistance. also volume profile shows that till 2600 wasnt traded very much, so it can go quickly up.
short term NEM i would wait for consolidation. the daily candle may not developo nicely. it rejected pretty hard from 1950 and needs some time now. but it will be dfefinately on my watchlist for a break out trade
Good risk reward long term since for me below 1400 its dead.

long 675 GVT 0,0011555 and 0,0011675

markets crashing atm but want to risk some

Binance bugged . i longed QKC too but its not showing up ,cant access it now - so be carefull

edit its showing up now:
113k at 757 and 769 ...dont know the average price since the orders are not showing up

long 675 GVT 0,0011555 and 0,0011675

markets crashing atm but want to risk some

here the entry:

Binance bugged . i longed QKC too but its not showing up ,cant access it now - so be carefull

edit its showing up now:
113k at 757 and 769 ...dont know the average price since the orders are not showing up

not much explanation
huge drop due to market crash. entered support area.
looking for a bounce to 810

keanne_isaac

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:32:09 PM

Hi what is your thought for the current massive sell off? Is there any negative news coming? Why market react negatively? Maybe ETF rejection would be announce soon?
LastLaughingGuy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:45:25 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 12:07:43 AM by mprep

Hi what is your thought for the current massive sell off? Is there any negative news coming? Why market react negatively? Maybe ETF rejection would be announce soon?

i dont know of any news and dont think it was news induced. it was overdue and iam welcoming the volatility- now we need to see if we can get above 6k or not. if we stabile below 6k and go down from there i think 4xxx is next.
look at the last 2 months and the priceaction of btc. its almost all manipulated.
i can also make a use case for the big boys pressing it down in order to accumulate lower to then squeeze it up again.

all that shows you - i got no clue - and i also dont need one. thats the good thing about being a short term trader.

short 10 BCHZ18 for 0.0469  - stop 0.0485

scaling out of GVT and QKC - time to take profits!! ...nice trades... details later

here the buys and sells. QKC meanwhile at 867 again.just wow...

https://imgur.com/a/cA4yYs5

600 EOSZ18 short on bitmex 7915

BTC weak

600 EOSZ18 short on bitmex 7915

BTC weak

covered  at 7895 -
didnt drop while btc dropped below 5500 again. its also low volume so dont want to see a wick up to stop me out.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: