Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:39:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Possible way to find your desired thread/post instantly  (Read 269 times)
S_Therapist (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:59:52 AM

Very often we need some threads/posts for cooperating others. Sometimes, we find those threads/posts easily. Sometimes, we have to spend a couple of minutes or even hours.

Regarding a plagiarism issue-
Someone posted this earlier today and it seemed to me that I have seen such issue previously but I can't remember and I had to spend almost 20 minutes to find out where I have seen.
We may add those to our watchlist, which can be a solution but if we list those in a form, I think it will be easier for us to find out. Kind of keyword search. For example, I have listed 2, one is a thread from theymos and another is a reply from LoyceV.
First one is the "Merit & new rank requirements" and the 2nd one is a reply where LoyceV has listed the first 200 users of this forum. So, if I add all my necessary links here and someone else does so, how easy it will be to find out everything we need. We can get access instantly.

I don't know someone else already shared the idea or there is a better idea than it. If any, please let me know. From now, I will keep updating this spreadsheet with some important links (And I am requesting everyone else) which are needed time to time. You can search with a common keyword or with the name of the thread creator. If you have listed and provided your username, you can search with that too.

Submit here- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddt_ePQSCRhvzHJ-XRqs8qVxrUkaATw4khFZ3GtQ3ixwSEyw/viewform
Spreadsheet- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rN8jm23d7OjWcHkt53PW_zVJeaRijszusJHFwAnH26c/edit?usp=sharing

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nnuego

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:04:44 AM

I came across a list of all useful and relevant threads (links) compliled by a forum user.

Edit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4422529.msg39438353#msg39438353 that's the thread, and it's the most detailed one I've seen.
A lot of users has also tried to compile similar lists. So it has been attempted multiple times. With varying usefulness. Although not sure anyone has made a spreadsheet on it.

The search function can be useful when looking for a post. I prefer to use Google Search as it recognizes the whole text and not just keywords.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 Cowrium.net  ║A Multidimensional Blockchain & Smart Contract Innovation driven by Cowrie (https://www.cowrium.net/)
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 08:17:06 AM

It would also be easier if this will be in the pinned posts. In that way looking for some threads that are useful for reporting would be easier to find.

This is only a suggestion because one may not be techie when it comes to creating spreadsheet and google form for one to keep or to regain access those report threads if it is needed.

My way now is to reply this thread and will look upon this post in my history. After that I will then open the spreadsheet you created and locate the post instantly to where the report must be done.

I came across a list of all useful and relevant threads (links) compliled by a forum user.
Edit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4422529.msg39438353#msg39438353 that's the thread, and it's the most
This is a good thread.
S_Therapist (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:40:24 AM

That thread you have mentioned, is very much informative but the objective of my thread are not same. You can see what example I have used at the beginning. I want to keep track of information which we may need time to time. Once some users start to submit, I think it will be useful for us.
In this list, you may include a thread, a specific comment. Whenever someone needs an information, he will search with the relevant keyword and the output will be faster.

The search function can be useful when looking for a post. I prefer to use Google Search as it recognizes the whole text and not just keywords.
Search option will not be able to find out what I actually meant here.
I have mentioned a point, plagiarism, what keywords will redirect you in that thread? It would be impossible for me to find out if I would not reply on that thread.

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
gembirdprivate

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:23:24 PM

The idea, in principle, is good.
For the implementation you need a lot of strength and people who will not be too lazy to do it.
But if you succeed, then respect is provided to you.
After all, there is a lot of plagiarism on our forum.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:46:31 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

I don't think we need it. A simple google search with "bitcointalk" in the title lands the correct result almost 99 times out of 100. Here check this as an example.

It has already been suggested to replace the default forum search with the google one, as it is way more accurate. Most Newbies don't know about this, hence why we see countless new threads on the same topic ( Not saying they aren't spamming but can be the case sometimes ) which have been already discussed upon.

What you are suggesting is an indexing of sorts, but no one can beat google if you ask me.
S_Therapist (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:35:10 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2018, 03:53:04 PM by S_Therapist

What you are suggesting is an indexing of sorts, but no one can beat google if you ask me.
That was an example only. You should check the others to understand my purpose behind this thread.
Can you provide me the link to first 200 users of this forum with google search or deleted userid of first 10000 accounts?
It's not possible and that's what my purpose behind the idea. Those information are needed time to time but you will not get as long as someone like Vod or LoyceV or some others interfere. You may get info from them but not instantly. If you list here, you can find it easily/instantly and so does we. That's why I have shared this.
Anyway, I will update this whenever I get some interesting thread/post or whatever. You may use it someday.

Exchase
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:09:41 PM

Can you provide me the link to first 200 users of this forum

I can sort of without even needing to google.

The URL of the first user on bitcointalk
Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=000001

Just make a loop function where you replace the value of "u" and you have got the profile link of the first 200 users.

As for the first 10000 accounts deleted. I am sure there will be a table in the database with the list of deleted accounts. Just sort it by timestamp and you will have access to the list of "first" 10000 deleted accounts. But I wonder what purpose will this serve? The link in your spreadsheet is of user accounts deleted below the UID of 10000. They might not be the "first" 10000 accounts that got deleted.
S_Therapist (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:23:23 PM

~snip~
I'm not a pro guy on tech, lol. So, I think I should make it personal. Therefore, thread is locked.

Exchase
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: