Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:13:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Irfan_pak10's Merit source application  (Read 520 times)
irfan_pak10 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:04:53 PM
Merited by Quickseller (1)

Many things have changed with bitcoin since I first joined this forum in 2014. I have however been using the forum consistently with a spotless record.
Since 2014, I've been associated with a bitcoin-accepting business, Piiko, a cryptocurrency accepting mobile topup service that is offering services to 137 countries.

More recently, I founded BountyPortals. One of the early bounty management agencies, where automation was offered for the checking of tasks. Our platform's innovative service alleviated the need for users to post reports of their work and posts in the forum, this way easing the clutter the forum was taking. Bounty Hunters of bounty portals get their work on social media automatically tracked, as of other tasks we have reporting via forms so users don't need to post reports via each bounty's thread.

BountyPortals was utilizing anti-spam policies even before the forum enacted a rule for "low effort tasks" posting. And still, in our bounty posts, a warning is included citing this rule to ensure participants aren't spamming the forum. Maintaining the forum's authenticity is a concern of the bountyportals team, so we're trying to do out part by reducing unnecessary bloat in our threads. Unlike some of our competitors, we've never attempted forcing users to posts about easily reported tasks via the forum to gain more visibility.

BE CAREFUL

The Bitcointalk forum is a great utility to me and my business. It's brought me in contact with excellent professionals in the space all over the world, and allowed me to expand my network and maintain a business. I respect this forum for all the utility and opportunity it has offered. I wish more people would have this opportunity to expand their knowledge in cryptocurrency and network through it if they are inspired enough to start a business. And that bring me to the reasons as to why I'm looking to become a merit source.

In my daily interactions with people that are using cryptocurrency, I've noticed that the merit system has been acting as a barrier of entry for new participants in this community. While the system is built on great principles, it has it's shortcomings. With more and more people taking to the forums to learn about bitcoin and cryptocurrency, bitcointalk is no longer as welcoming as it used to be. In this state, bitcointalk, the forum founded by the founder of bitcoin, has been losing its traction as a cryptocurrency community. Communities on non-crypto friendly social media and/or other websites with ulterior motives that might not be beneficial to bitcoin are heading the race in being more user friendly to crypto newbies.

Bitcointalk still attracts many users thanks to opportunities it offers for crypto users to earn tokens by providing their services to promotional campaigns. From my experience, this has been a large part of the forum's traffic from 2017 to now. What's unfortunate though, is that (in my view) the forum isn't doing a great job in picking out the best of those users, and providing them with opportunities to utilize the forum better. The merit system largely favored older members. Merit sources also tend to be older members, which might correlate to some favoritism towards older, more experienced users. In my view, somebody would have to look out for newcomers following the right steps towards becoming better contributors in this forum. And that's because even though so many new comers are continuously rushing in the forum, the merit system puts the majority of them in a deadlock. But they can't all be bad apples!

I personally try to give out my merit to new members that appear to be positive towards the forum, but my points are running out. Even if someone comes in this forum for earning extra income, I believe that there's still hope in them becoming valuable forum members and crypto believers. Rewards systems in business administration have been proven to promote improvements in the environment of any space by growing the reach of an organic culture, by rewarding desired behaviors. Under this principle, I believe that even the newest members in this forum deserve attention and rewards for their good efforts. Small rewards are appreciated, and the potential for someone in this forum seeing his account rank up can be great motivation.

The forum sections members of my team and I are mostly spending our time on tend to be forgotten by merit sources. That's something I'd like to see changing and I'm willing to lead by example. In doing that, I'm hoping to promote good behavior in the sections of the forum I work with, hoping that good actors will also ascend to fully utilizing the forums' toolset and potential for networking opportunities.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:26:02 PM

Hey mate, I think you have missed something.
If you want to be a merit source:

1. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.

BTW, nice to see you here applying for being a merit source. The forum needs more merit sources and specially in local section. I have seen you gave sMerits in Indian Local board. Appreciated. I wish theymos accept you as a merit source.

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:28:16 PM

It is clear you are an established member of the community but you haven't quoted undermerited posts, as S_therapist points out, but that doesn't make it impossible for you to be added as a source. It would help, though.

Apart from that, it is not true that the system is biased towards older members. The system isn't perfect but tends to reward the best posters.

Gl with your application.

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11958

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:01:36 PM

^
i have seen many new users getting merited, i don't think thats a real problem.
i believe when you post on regular base in a few threads, and people appriciate what you have to say or some of the humor or whatever you bring to the thread/forum, then  you will be noticed.
i think my account and many in the wall observer are not so old but getting merited by many HERO-LEGENDARY "OG's"  Grin .

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:13:39 PM
Merited by Piggy (1)

^
i have seen many new users getting merited, i don't think thats a real problem.
i believe when you post on regular base in a few threads, and people appriciate what you have to say or some of the humor or whatever you bring to the thread/forum, then  you will be noticed.
i think my account and many in the wall observer are not so old but getting merited by many HERO-LEGENDARY "OG's"  Grin .

This only happens when the topic in question is WO. But I do not think that because you have received so many merits there, any other user would also receive.

No real explanation for this dump. I’m not really bothered any way, HODLING for at least another 3-4 years any way. Plus I got pretty wrecked last night on wine & other substances, feeling pretty numb to anything tbh.

Can’t wait to get home & smoke a couple of joints before going to sleep.

Mmm the wine/drink/ getting rekt moments ...... the moment When we have ATH Will be one of the most EPIC ones i can imagine myself
Eeeeeuhm maybe not This saturday Will be a rekt one as well  Grin
Only have to go to a NOCOINER wedding  Cry  Undecided

Mmm how to take maximum advantage of This fools selling dip

You received 80 Merits for these 3 posts. That's an outlier. It is not something so common. Irfan_pak10 wants to be a Merit source to help another type of user who does not participate in WO and does not have the ability to make such funny posts, but can contribute to the forum in other ways.

Anyway, I think it's unlikely that he will be chosen. Most of the merits he distributed were to people who posted in the ANN from his portal.

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11958

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:28:22 PM

^
yes your right on this 3 posts but that doesn't matter to much ..... there are more posts that are merited as wel... and i wasn't speaking about me only, there are many other guys posting in WO getting merited on there posts (new guys), but they come more often making posts. (and beeing appriciated)
only thing i say is that when you get appriciated and make some O.K. post not insulting people, have a little humor etc that other members will notice that  they come with good intentions and will merited from time to time ......   

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:45:26 PM

I do not know why everybody is interested in becoming Merit source when we do not have any idea to increase quality and use all the existing source Merits available.
More number of Merit source will not mean anything , if you do not have user whom you can Merit.

I am alive
HowdooScam

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:32:27 PM

How can a scammer like you try to be a merit source?

The best thing to do is just to AVOID this manager like the pest, he is a well-known scammer and he is involved on a HUGE scam.

Here is the scam accusation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5058020.0

Better to prevent investing your time, your money, and your patience with Irfan, and all his bussiness.

irfan_pak10 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2020, 10:38:42 AM

Hi theymos, I would like to ask some s-merits as they are getting depleted.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
OcTradism

Activity: 1722
Merit: 801

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2020, 11:27:53 AM

Hi theymos, I would like to ask some s-merits as they are getting depleted.
I think you can send your request to include your merit source application to iasenko, who has his thread for Open Merit Source Applications,waiting list. As a rule of thumb, maybe your application will get more attention from theymos. Your application was created for a while ago and inactive till today and maybe iasenko missed your application when he made and updated that thread.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███