Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:44:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: improvement suggestion: adding the main thread on "deleted message" DMs  (Read 249 times)
Lucasgabd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1113

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:23:18 PM

Hey folks.
if you been in this forum for a while you probably had a post of yours deleted at some point.

That's fine.
the post is gone because you posted on a self-moderated topic, the mods were cleaning simples answer, the main thread was deleted or whatever.

then often you receive a message by DM like that:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

the message you posted

BUT quite often I don't remember where it was posted.
and more than once it happened that the deleted post was a question about something meaningful concerning the project's thread like:
"do you have an updated roadmap?
what do you plan to do with the premine? is 70% premine reasonable on your opinion?"

sometimes when the mod deletes a question like that, for me it'd be a clear indication that the project is a scam, already
but then I can't get back to the original thread because I don't remember where it was posted and there's no quick link on the "deleted post" DM.

any possibility on adding it or finding an easy way to track it back to the source thread?

thanks

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asche
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489

I forgot more than you will ever know.

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:16:30 PM

Well I would stay to start with you should absolutely avoid ICO or Services Topics that are self-moderated.

I myself use the feature but only for translations.

Any real project posted that way is an insta red flag to me.

So yeah this would be a nice feature, but would make no big difference in the end.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:17:54 PM

You can contact a global mod and I'm hoping they can may be give you the uncensored thread if it's a clear cut scam case.

I'm also agreeing with you regarding the point you're highlighting. It is very good to see if admin can remove the "self-moderated" option from certain boards or sections like market place or otherwise put certain strict restrictions to the OP before starting a self-moderated thread in marketplace board. Because the thread starts can cover up their shady activities by deleting others posts when someone asking about the in-depth details about their project.

There is a another problem also highlighted by @EcuaMobi regarding moving the self-moderated threads between boards to delete the post of others. theymos answered this thread by saying non-mods members cannot move self-moderated threads. But what would happened if any mod moved the topics for the relevant board?

Link>>>Avoiding board limitations by temporarily moving threads to another board

So I think admin/staff shall take necessary actions or solutions regarding those issues with the self-moderated threads and also red tagged members shouldn't allowed to create self-moderated threads except discussions.

asche
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:22:50 PM

So I think admin/staff shall take necessary actions or solutions regarding those issues with the self-moderated threads and also red tagged members shouldn't allowed to create self-moderated threads except discussions.

What does this have to do with red tagged members?  Huh

Sorry but you are talking non sense.

So many people are getting red tagged for something that isn't even close to scamming, I don't see any good reason for that.

To me self moderated topics are only ok for bounty topics and a few other things.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:33:10 PM

What does this have to do with red tagged members?  Huh
That's what theymos said at the first place when introduce self-moderated threads but I don't know is it still active or not. I'm a supporter of putting restrictions for the creation of self-moderated threads on certain sections(market place etc) where trust involved but not general discussions.

Also he said that he will added the option to see the deleted posts in future but that option also not still available for users.

will users see when posts are deleted?

No. I might add that later, but it's not a trivial change.

Self-moderated topics? Can you say what boards this applies too? This is going to be bad if it is on certain boards, cause some people can edit threads to benefit them, I really hope it is just the off-topic board.

The excluded sections are Meta (except for this topic), Scam Accusations, Important Announcements, and Auctions. Tagged scammers can't use this feature.
asche
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:44:53 PM

What does this have to do with red tagged members?  Huh
That's what theymos said at the first place when introduce self-moderated threads but I don't know is it still active or not. I'm a supporter of putting restrictions for the creation of self-moderated threads on certain sections(market place etc) where trust involved but not general discussions.

Also he said that he will added the option to see the deleted posts in future but that option also not still available for users.

will users see when posts are deleted?

No. I might add that later, but it's not a trivial change.

Self-moderated topics? Can you say what boards this applies too? This is going to be bad if it is on certain boards, cause some people can edit threads to benefit them, I really hope it is just the off-topic board.

The excluded sections are Meta (except for this topic), Scam Accusations, Important Announcements, and Auctions. Tagged scammers can't use this feature.

I've no problem with that. DT's would have to drastically change their tagging methods tho.

You can just walk around and see how many people get tagged for "merit abuse" which is, I agree against the rules, but hardly the same than scamming.

Also, shouldn't a proven scammer be simply banned anyway?
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:47:03 PM

Few or limited numbers of self-moderated thread and your suspicious feeling that your post will be deleted, then a simple copying the thread link is the answer.

Mr. notepad won’t be bored again.

HODL
Lucasgabd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:36:30 PM

Few or limited numbers of self-moderated thread and your suspicious feeling that your post will be deleted, then a simple copying the thread link is the answer.

Mr. notepad won’t be bored again.

My point is that it could come built-in on the direct message informing the deletion since it's just in a minor number of cases that the post is deleted, and this simple thing would make it much easier.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 04:19:02 PM

do you have an updated roadmap?
what do you plan to do with the premine?
is 70% premine reasonable on your opinion?

Those are some of the shittiest things you can post, just a step above "great project" and "good luck team". If you don't even know where you posted it then it's not going to be missed.

You can quote something or add the name of the coin/token/project into your post if you want to keep track but really you should just refrain from posting questions that can be answered by reading the OP or the website or just don't need to be asked at all.
Lucasgabd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:14:15 PM

do you have an updated roadmap?
what do you plan to do with the premine?
is 70% premine reasonable on your opinion?

Those are some of the shittiest things you can post, just a step above "great project" and "good luck team". If you don't even know where you posted it then it's not going to be missed.

You can quote something or add the name of the coin/token/project into your post if you want to keep track but really you should just refrain from posting questions that can be answered by reading the OP or the website or just don't need to be asked at all.

it's interesting how you presuposed that I didn't read OP and asked.
when the question is there exaclty because the project declared the premine and didn't say what will do with it, for example.

also: these are just examples of questions.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 03:48:13 PM

when the question is there exaclty because the project declared the premine and didn't say what will do with it, for example.

Then post exactly that, e.g.: "<insert shitcoin name> ANN/Website/Whitepaper/etc doesn't have details on the premine. Can you explain how it's going to be used?"

Both of your problems solved at once - you're no longer a shitposter, and if the post gets deleted you'll know which thread it was in.
Lucasgabd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:39:15 PM

Then post exactly that, e.g.: "<insert shitcoin name> ANN/Website/Whitepaper/etc doesn't have details on the premine. Can you explain how it's going to be used?"

Both of your problems solved at once - you're no longer a shitposter, and if the post gets deleted you'll know which thread it was in.

yes, it's a great suggestions, thank you for the idea

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:27:06 PM

There is currently no way to be able to track where your post got deleted but to remember where you posted the post that got deleted. Maybe the admins can put the direct link of the thread where your post got deleted on the quoted message but I don't see it being applied in the near future. And did you read the whole thread? Maybe your questions have already been answered that is why it got deleted, sometimes reading the previous posts helps as you might be repeating what others have asked already.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: