Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:56:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ember: An instant and feeless cryptocurrency for the future.  (Read 18801 times)
Nodeasy

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:52:38 AM

Looks like a promising project, good work
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:04:02 AM

When are your sites and block explorer released and available?
EmberCrypto (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 04:00:10 AM

We're aiming to have a website in a few days! A talented community member has stepped forth to work on it.

The Block Explorer will not be in development until we at least have a public testnet planned. At this time, we do not have a public testnet planned.

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:37:06 AM

We're aiming to have a website in a few days! A talented community member has stepped forth to work on it.

The Block Explorer will not be in development until we at least have a public testnet planned. At this time, we do not have a public testnet planned.

so, has public testnet begun?
I hope your mainnet can be launched in the first quarter of 2019 as you say.
EmberCrypto (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 09:45:15 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2018, 07:53:49 PM by EmberCrypto

It has not started and we do not have a plan for one yet. We aim to have one by the end of the year.

We plan for a Q1 or Q2 mainnet launch.
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:14:24 AM

Not at all. Their original dev team left/scammed the community. The community has continued the coin, but only under plans to swap to a new coin called Atheneum. As soon as the swap is over, both the original team, and the revival team, will have left Ember, and there will be no community.

When we picked the name, I didn't know of any project called Ember. I did find Ember Coin a few weeks after, but thought it was dead/the revival team already did the coin swap. Only a few weeks ago did I realize they were still preparing for the coin swap.

By the time of the testnet, they'll likely have swapped. If this proves to be an issue, we'll pick a new name.

You are creating a coin and you don't inform yourself if the coin is already existing?? Lmaooooo
Like if you wanna create a new AUDI A3 AHAHAHAHAHAH  really funny
geostation

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:37:03 AM

sound great so far. joining discord
EmberCrypto (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 03:11:23 PM

1) The other coin goes by Ember Coin, primarily.

2) When we picked the name, our GitHub repo was under my personal account, and its name was "Currency". I thought it was great, and continued development (what matters). Only weeks later when we did the 'rebrand' (repository name change) from "Currency" to "Ember" did I realize Ember Coin existed.

3) I thought they had already done their coin swap.

4) A few weeks ago I saw news about Ember Coin, and realized they were still in the swap process, and have been for months. They should abandon the name shortly, and if they don't, or this continues to be problematic, I'll change the name.

5) This coin isn't already existing. A coin with effectively the same name exists. Ember is written from scratch.

---

Thanks geostation! Happy to have you!
nakashu

Activity: 175
Merit: 11

"Decentralization is religion"

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:36:24 AM

joined discord! will contact you there.. Really like the project, looking forward for things to come!

Nick808

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:58:54 AM

Not at all. Their original dev team left/scammed the community. The community has continued the coin, but only under plans to swap to a new coin called Atheneum. As soon as the swap is over, both the original team, and the revival team, will have left Ember, and there will be no community.

When we picked the name, I didn't know of any project called Ember. I did find Ember Coin a few weeks after, but thought it was dead/the revival team already did the coin swap. Only a few weeks ago did I realize they were still preparing for the coin swap.

By the time of the testnet, they'll likely have swapped. If this proves to be an issue, we'll pick a new name.

You are creating a coin and you don't inform yourself if the coin is already existing?? Lmaooooo
Like if you wanna create a new AUDI A3 AHAHAHAHAHAH  really funny

sometimes on the forum there are very strange users. in general, if you have some kind of token in your portfolio, then there is no better option than in their group in the telegram or the discord. otherwise, the team can make an announcement and you just do not have time to react.
EmberCrypto (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 11:41:36 PM

Due to the recent influx of community members, we are currently working on building a stable (here meaning relevant for more than a few days) testnet. It will be aimed at developers, not the end user, but it should be a promising proof of all the work we've put in.
salsa321

Activity: 698
Merit: 503

Substantiate your success.

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:48:04 AM

Hello,

Any telegram community?
EmberCrypto (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 05:04:35 AM

There is currently not a Telegram community. We did create a group and tried to bridge it to our Discord, but Telegram's API is very finicky (in the name of 'privacy'), and wouldn't let us. Since we couldn't bridge it, we do not feel like pursuing it at this time.
q5503162

Activity: 207

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:31:00 AM

reserved
EmberCrypto (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 05:07:25 AM

We have launched our new website! It offers a description of Ember, our story, a roadmap, and answers some frequently asked questions.

Now, we can promote our project further. This will be useful as we prepare for our upcoming Developer Testnet! If you would like more info, or want to participate, please join our Discord.
giaki3003

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:03:23 AM

Kudos for my man Kayaba, such a great project could have only come from his hands. Really keeping an eye on this one Grin
EmberCrypto (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 12:51:00 AM

We've just released our 7th Biweekly Update! https://medium.com/@EmberCrypto/ember-biweekly-update-7-b95bf758b65

As a summary:
We've been preparing for the Developer Testnet. It's currently planned to launch on Saturday.
We finished Verifications.
We added Minting.
We built a Miner.
We added Syncing.
We hired a new Community Manager.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:46:03 AM

We have launched our new website! It offers a description of Ember, our story, a roadmap, and answers some frequently asked questions.

Now, we can promote our project further. This will be useful as we prepare for our upcoming Developer Testnet! If you would like more info, or want to participate, please join our Discord.

please post recent updates in your OP dev. not all users want to use discord channel. we have a lot of things to read already. so it's better to publish updates in your OP so whenever we have time, we can always check it.
EmberCrypto (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 05:02:41 AM

That's why I also post them here. That said, editing the OP is a good idea, and I will also do that.
mindsignals

Activity: 428
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 03:10:09 PM

Following, looks interesting!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: