Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:53:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: first term "HODL"  (Read 1058 times)
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:32:39 PM

As what we can see now, the market's price is so lame, the reason that investors and traders of bitcoin should hodl. Every hodl of bitcoin hopes to rise its price in the future, and it is the only way and the best thing to do right now, just hodl and patiently wait for bitcoin's comeback.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:53:07 AM

this is interesting, because everyone will often make this decision. traders, investors, or speculators.

the term "HODL" appeared in 2013, and came from a GameKyubi post in this forum. with the big theme "I AM HODLING"

he posted the theme because bitcoin dropped to $ 600 from $1300.

and today, investors prefer hodl. but, what is the decision for traders today? or many investors are turning into traders?

In our common understanding HOLD was to Hold On Dear Life and it was understood as to keep our assets and don't panic selling so it became HOLD. I just heard this "I am Hodling" words but not in the Google so i don't know if this is true or this is just another theory of origin.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:02:35 AM

I am also HODLING. Learned my lesson from my previous experience for being a weak hands. HODLING doesn't necessarily mean you have to fully reserve your crypto. Make a profit from a portion of it and diverse it into other coins. Eventhough small gains can bring you great profit in the long run.
I agree. Small gain can have big profit once you hold it and the price grows in the market. I am also holding because selling now is not that good to cut losses because you can lose much from it. It is good to hold it for long term to make it grows. Regret for not selling early cannot do but learned from it that times like this will make you stronger. I believe that just lime in history, it will begin to rise again.

Llaux

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:43:14 AM

My personal decision is to hodl because I can't keep my eyes on the market and follow the price movements. I only trade when there are big movements.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:23:05 AM

If we have to earn money in the crypto market. So we have to learn to hold. Because crypto is the most important thing to do. Which we all have to always remember.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:36:08 PM

To hold is a choice to each individual. It is good to hold in a right situation that is why it is better to know everything first the status of the said crypto project or the standing of cypto market before deciding what strategy to make.
Right, everyone choose to hold there bitcoin cause they study on how market works, and they make some research the background of crypto project if they worth it or not.

Stargazing

Activity: 130
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:15:49 PM

Wow! Roll Eyes Really interesting, I did not know this before. Thank.
Em00n01

Activity: 737
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 06:22:00 AM

Hodl is a good decision when market goes down. Many panic seller sell their assets due to dump. I prefer holding and short term trading in this situation.

████████████           CYBERTRADE          || |   |    |     MMO RPG FUTURISTIC          ████████████
||     Twitter     ||||   Telegram   ||||     TikTok     ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:57:34 AM

this is interesting, because everyone will often make this decision. traders, investors, or speculators.

the term "HODL" appeared in 2013, and came from a GameKyubi post in this forum. with the big theme "I AM HODLING"

and today, investors prefer hodl. but, what is the decision for traders today? or many investors are turning into traders?

Bitcoin, the blockchain and the cryptocurrencies are here to stay.

The point is you just need to be patient, trading is very risky at this point of time but if you are lucky enough, you can earn so much from it. There are few coins that pumps more than 100% in price in just a matter of days. Investing on the other hand is playing safe, like I said Bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies are here to stay, if you are patient enough you will not fail.
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:15:00 PM

Most likely hold is the good reason for increase your profit,it is the good think to hold after market down and wait panic situations.so everything we want to profit without any loss.so we have good choice hold after market down.
Be wise on choosing your holding because not all holding lead to high profit. There are some coins are good for holding for long term and there are some token are good for short term so you need to choose wisely in order to gain high profit. Holding is a good strategy especially to the traders and investors who choose good tokens.
xYakult

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:22:18 PM

Most likely hold is the good reason for increase your profit,it is the good think to hold after market down and wait panic situations.so everything we want to profit without any loss.so we have good choice hold after market down.
Be wise on choosing your holding because not all holding lead to high profit. There are some coins are good for holding for long term and there are some token are good for short term so you need to choose wisely in order to gain high profit. Holding is a good strategy especially to the traders and investors who choose good tokens.

there are lots of coin in the market that has no good value in the end, meaning if you will bought some coins make sure that it will last for a couple of years or even in the end because if the coin is a shit one then you will be able to lose your money rather than gaining a profit.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 04:29:58 PM

If we have to earn money in the crypto market. So we have to learn to hold. Because crypto is the most important thing to do. Which we all have to always remember.

Not just holding, we must also learn to trade.  This somehow maximize the potential profit we can have in our holdings.  Buying low and selling high, this enable us to gain profit and to further accumulate more coins.  Though it is not easy but I believe this is the better path than just holding.  So I am incline to do day trade taking advantage of the fluctuation of my holdings.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 09:19:06 PM

All holders of bitcoin will never regret of doing that because their reward comes in good quantity but if trading then you must be experience one to avoid lose

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 09:36:32 PM

You're wrong. Now, many are also set to invest for the long term.

I think investors are waiting for their entry point to get maximum profit.

Marbelli

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:58:10 PM

I still remain a long-term investor and I believe in the potential of Bitcoin and that it will rise in price

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 10:07:23 PM

the reason for the decision of investors turning into traders is not far fetched as it is closely related as the holding option is also a part of making more money and also keeping the faith of the market that people are not selling off their bitcoin assets. the turning of investors into traders is also to increase or maximise profit making as it adds even more satoshi to them

131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:11:28 PM

Today the market may look bad for investors who hodl coins, of course they suffer losses. But for those who keep fiat, of course today is like black Friday, where all the prices of coins are cheap, and I'm sure after this bear market everyone will surely flock to the coin hodl. Traders in my opinion tend to be when market conditions are stable
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 12:58:12 AM

I am believe many investor prefer Hold in this market condition. They dont want to sell their bitcoin in cheap price. Hold is good strategy in this bear market and bitcoin is long term investment.
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 03:46:58 AM

I think aa market prices are less investors are investing and holding because they knew that the prices depends on the demand and supply thats why market prices change so it's better to hold.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:42:05 AM

This situation makes bitcoin price volatility even worse than in the past. People are smarter now, they prefer like to join in panic selling because in bitcoin market it is not really called as panic selling but opportunity selling so they will buy it again when no one want to sell their bitcoin anymore then the panic buying will begun, this cycle keep repeating  and keep those traders gain many profit from it. When many of us think that bitcoin price will reach more than $20.000 then the price actually goes down and when many of us think that bitcoin price will go down to zero then the price will rise again to the point that we never expected before. The bitcoin market actually not sluggish, the traders just waiting for the right time to buy bitcoin again. I also wait that time, when bitcoin price reach the peak of price down then I will start to buy it again.

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter