Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:01:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think Government are investing in bitcoin secretly?
Use - 33 (67.3%)
Or not - 16 (32.7%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin, governments  (Read 1527 times)
blocklancer8

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 04:59:26 AM

We need to realize that bitcoin has no control over certain organizations or governments, independent bitcoin. The government is very difficult to hold bitcoin in their structure even though they know but not yet or cannot be applied.

kaasy.ai        Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain                                               Knowledge As A Service +
                        Public ICO is live!        BUY KAAS TOKEN NOW                                         Distributed Infrastructure As A Service
Whitepaper     Telegram     2-Pages Paper     Twitter     Facebook     Discord     BTC ANN          = Plug-and-play skills, on demand

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:15:16 AM

Can you think that the government is opposed and trying to destroy Cryptocurrency why invest in it? Because the government is not as stupid as you think, maybe they say they will try to destroy it but they still silently spend in this world for profit.
Minhxx

Activity: 412
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 07:45:41 AM

I think that if a major they will illegally buy bitcoin and make it out of balance so that investors like us no longer trust this market anymore (personal view I guess)

[
⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣     ComboNetwork.io     ⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
Steinway-Bobb

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:31:03 AM

Even banks can not deny the benefits to the economy, they can only harm the interests of central banks, because when bitcoin grows they are afraid that the paper money will no longer, will no longer lend, and they are no longer collectable from debt
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:44:46 AM

The governments and their agents are doing their thing to harm bitcoin and destroy since they can not control it. Bitcoin on its own has been resilience and stubborn which has made it to last till now without being decimated. After all what the government can do and they find out that they can not kill bitcoin I think the next reasonable thing to do is to key in to blockchain and incorporate it into their operations. Then they can use the central bank and make some financial regulations that will guide the operation of bitcoin in their country. 
Mr.Boring007

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:52:32 PM

It is quite possible that members of the government are investing in bitcoin. They have the right too and as it is anonymous and decentralized we can never know for sure.
AccidentalTuber

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:53:32 PM

There is no point for government to invest in bitcoin. Also you did not clear what you meant by the term 'Government'. Is it a person who is a member of the cabinet or as the whole system? Because every person is free to invest in it.
BusyShows

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:53:48 PM

Bitcoin is free to everyone. Every individual member of the government has the right to invest in this thing. But it will be tough for the whole body to do so if they are not friendly towards bitcoin.
Jeroiswen

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:54:06 PM

I think that many governments might have secretly invested in Bitcoin. The FOMO aspect of it must have compelled them and they don't want it to be mainstream, so they are hiding the fact that Bitcoin is actually important to the economy.
loveinberlin

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:25:53 PM

I think that the situation with btc and government is not easy but we will see later how everything may change with time and btc will be approved by many or even all governments with time
cetald

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 08:34:21 PM

It would be silly for central banks to not be accumulating some Bitcoin just in case. They understand how money works..

I am sure that central banks will acquire bitcoin, if necessary. Bank managers manage other people's money, not their own. The price will not frighten them))

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:35:34 PM

On a personal note bitcoin is a decentralized commodity and at that the government as an institution that have high control over the economic activities of a country will not want to adopt any commodity that their will not have total control over and bitcoin at it original state can not be influence nor control by any one.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:45:24 PM

on a personal note, i do not think governments invest in bitcoins secretly because it's a decentralized peer to peer transaction with no central authority and also it can affect the country's fiscal policy, business and also help to facilitate crime rates.
Why do they need to hide if they want to support bitcoin? Bitcoin is not illegal and any people can buy it. In short, there is no restriction whether you are poor or rich, young or old and official of government or not. They don't need to have secret even there is anonymity. They are just humans.
zitbau

Activity: 180
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:53:23 PM

It depends on the government of each country. In my opinion, countries are recognizing legitimate bitcoin, the government is facilitating the development of bitcoin and even the government is investing in bitcoin mining companies. And countries are forbidding it, I think governments will not invest in it.

▬██▬▬▬  HORIZON  ▬▬▬██▬
FIRST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE WORLD EMPOWERED BY THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN
▬  HORIZONCOMM.CO  ▬
loragean03

Activity: 403

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:59:18 PM

Possible.

As you can see in some banking establishments that are rumored and said getting involved in bitcoin that only means that they know how its going to generate them profit. But it doesn't matter if they are secretly investing or not, this is why everyone is free to buy bitcoin and start making his own portfolio an empire.

Possible, Some government officials I think are investing in crypto currency, Some of the richest mans in the world has an investment in crypto, Why not the government official right?, I think they are also investing with the fact that money is circulating inside the system and will give them profit.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:18:44 AM

governemnt dont accept bitcoin in their country, maybe they make a research by using the cryptocurrency itself for learn how it workd and find the another way to makes the bitcoin can legal in their country

wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:30:00 AM

Possible.

As you can see in some banking establishments that are rumored and said getting involved in bitcoin that only means that they know how its going to generate them profit. But it doesn't matter if they are secretly investing or not, this is why everyone is free to buy bitcoin and start making his own portfolio an empire.

Possible, Some government officials I think are investing in crypto currency, Some of the richest mans in the world has an investment in crypto, Why not the government official right?, I think they are also investing with the fact that money is circulating inside the system and will give them profit.
logically there are 2 possibilities. first, because official follows the times, and really aims for investment. and second is the politics of money laundering from unfavorable results of people
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:36:00 AM

Can you think that the government is opposed and trying to destroy Cryptocurrency why invest in it? Because the government is not as stupid as you think, maybe they say they will try to destroy it but they still silently spend in this world for profit.

yeah, we don't know what the government is thinking. maybe they are one of the cryptocurrency users  Smiley.
we don't know that, we can't see it.

i think cryptocurrency can provide benefits for anyone who can analyze it properly, it is likely that the government also feels interested in seeing the benefits they can get.

wongdeso

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:45:08 AM

I think for this matter every country has its own policy in overcoming bitcoin, but some countries still reject it for various reasons so they do not want to play with all risks.
mmanson1

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:11:51 AM

It would be silly for central banks to not be accumulating some Bitcoin just in case. They understand how money works..

that's right. by not accepting bitcoin banks are killing themselves, crypto cannot be ignored anymore...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: