Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 11455 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:57:09 AM

At first blush it seems as if LTEX gets to provide a bunch of addresses purported to belong to Icelanders, as part of personal little contact and deal with the dev, and illodin too knows it is a scam thus expects that someone would be jealous of the riches the scammers aka dev and promotion team expect to make with this scam... So maybe illodin too expects to be part of the beneficiaries of the laundering aka airdrop...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:03:28 AM

This was mis-played by the dev who didn't count on the rapid rise in value and the subsequent hashrate problems that are now causing block chain paralysis. I think in his mind he thought he would get to the air drop day with a lower value but still good with a much healthier market.

~BCX~

Now that's odd, because earlier you said:

Quote from: BitcoinEXpress
This con is painfully obvious.

1) Build coin
2) Promote fake good will and pump value
3) Use Air Drop as cover to dump premine.
4) Use tens of thousands of pre-deployed "air drop" wallets to launder coins from premine addresses
5) Make several million USD off the bag holders and retire.

So the coin has attracted too much pre-mine value.  According to your thesis a more moderate rise in price would have led to more liquidity and greater ease of disposing of the coins.  Because of course a lesser increase in value would have attracted more market participants.  Right.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:14:36 AM

So maybe illodin too expects to be part of the beneficiaries of the laundering aka airdrop...

I've already gotten enough benefits from this coin, all that possibly happens after the airdrop and months/years to come is just a bonus. Also possible that nothing happens!
BulletProof_za

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:21:51 AM

OP +1
lphelps

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:30:48 AM

you talk about is bullshit .... think about it ...
so the airdrop is happening in less than 18 days:  what mechanism exists to distribute all of the premine coin to 300,000+ residents?  

if the developer cannot fulfill part of the coin's purpose, it is just another shitcoin.    auroracoin happens to be a shitcoin you bought into with a 50% premine.  oops. 

do you fucktards ever do any research?? he's stated the airdrop will start on the 25th but over the following year will the distribution find it's way to the roughly 330,000 Icelandic citizens.. BY your logic, you believe all 330,000 citizens will get their coins on the 25th.. It's because of that fucked up logic that people like you have spread mass panic to the masses to avoid the coin..

nymusr

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:32:17 AM

I think only thing to ask is: icelanders will get their auroras?
Of course we all regret that litecoin proved to be as irrelevant as any other alty thing... we all lost money with that... (at least I did...)  but lets try to be fair with auroracoin and icelanders... me too I have no auroras in the sky in my country to party at night... but I try to be fair.
I would like to see several altys for any country... even if my BTCs going back to USD 0.05 (you see... USD is a currency of just another country like Iceland or Spain... no big deal... at least for me... I am an european - EUR)
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:00:15 AM

so the airdrop is happening in less than 18 days:  what mechanism exists to distribute all of the premine coin to 300,000+ residents?  

if the developer cannot fulfill part of the coin's purpose, it is just another shitcoin.    auroracoin happens to be a shitcoin you bought into with a 50% premine.  oops.  

do you fucktards ever do any research?? he's stated the airdrop will start on the 25th but over the following year will the distribution find it's way to the roughly 330,000 Icelandic citizens.. BY your logic, you believe all 330,000 citizens will get their coins on the 25th.. It's because of that fucked up logic that people like you have spread mass panic to the masses to avoid the coin..
If there is a planned distribution of coins to over 300,000 icelanders, but You're likely unable to use Kennitala (social security ID), you'll be unable to access island.is (federal government), and you'll find people unwilling to provide their passport numbers, how the fuck will you individually identify icelanders to distribute the coins?

It makes no fucking difference whether it's supposed to happen on day 1, or over 10 years:  in fact, by arguing it will happen over a year, you're actually limiting the adoption of the fucking coin.  i thought you wanted people NOT to 'avoid the coin', yet you are suggesting this happen on the launch day.  

you're expecting a rush on this coin because it's worth so much, and that means a quarter million icelanders will want the fucking coin on the 25th.  at least one person in this thread has claimed this coin is undervalued, so shouldn't the dev have their shit together?  

if the developer doesn't have significant resources devoted to the coordinated distribution of coins, then the coin is overvalued.

People like you have spread mass panic to the masses to avoid the coin..

no need to invent something to panic about:  auroracoin doesn't have the fucking hashrate to justify its value.  

if you can't protect the blockchain, the coin is overvalued.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:00:35 AM

Additionally why does the dev have nothing to do with Iceland but lives in Panama?

Now you're just playing stupid, which is obvious, but better to state it here that no one does actually believe that.
Jollyburner

Activity: 98

so many

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:18:15 AM

Additionally why does the dev have nothing to do with Iceland but lives in Panama?

Now you're just playing stupid, which is obvious, but better to state it here that no one does actually believe that.

Anything to keep from answering the only question that matters.

Why won't the dev turn over the premine to a trusted third party and remove himself from the "Air Drop".

~BCX~

maybe he already gots a plan in place bro

wat I don't understand is... if u was gona premine scam with this laundering u talkin about... right.. and then ur coin suddenly becomes worth 6 million dollars.. why wouldn't u sell the premine then? would cryptsy have shut down the exchange if u moved it before u got a chance to get it there? or locked the accounts being transferred it?

cause at the high point, had u sold to 0, im not sure what it was worth but probably a lot for writing a nice story about Iceland and getting a coin made.

so it seems that they not only messed up the plan, but they also missed exit point b, if you are in fact correct about this being a scam. (of the century)

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:40:05 AM

I don't think he(the dev) can sell them!

1. We will find out if he tries to sell them!
2. We will stop mining if he tries to sell them!
3. He can't move the coins if no one is mining! 0 confirmations!

Space for rent if its still trending
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:05:59 AM

Anything to keep from answering the only question that matters.

Why won't the dev turn over the premine to a trusted third party and remove himself from the "Air Drop".

~BCX~

Ok respectfully I will try;

Who could take up this responsibility? A board member with an alias that sounds like he is from a computergame, stating in his profile he is a 6 year old girl? No off course not! It needs to be a respectful member of real life society, one that is publicly known and has very much to lose if he fucks up.

Even if we could find such a person stupid enough to take that burden, it also gives the banks and government the possibility to seize the funds and kill the project. Same reason he can't reveil his identity (yet). The whole idea is to take that control away from them!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:40:05 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 11:44:38 AM by toknormal

What a load of unmitigated FUD this thread is.

If I was doing this project I'd handle it exactly the way the dev already has. There's no way I'd hand over the airdrop to an escrow body or anybody else. The only 'escrow' body that has any significance in this is the Icelandic citizens themselves.

Fair enough if people think he might be scamming - I don't, I've no reason to - but who cares ? Just wait and find out. The project is very public so it will either be a very public, exciting initiative or a very public scam and it's clear that even though we don't, many people know the developer's identity.

how the fuck will you individually identify icelanders to distribute the coins?

This can be done using IsLykill (Icekey) for example. The Icekey links a person's verified identity (previously done by the person turning up with personal ID at a bank or having the Icekey sent to their registered legal domicile) to the 'Kennitala' which is their public ID number.

Think of it this way - the Kennitala is an Icelandic person's 'public key', the Icekey (IsLykill) is their private key. So to obtain their Aurora, they would log on to the airdrop website, enter their 'Kennitala' and also enter their 'IsLykill' which would then have a blockchain address and associated private key sent to their email address, home or secure bank-account associated 'inbox' which the banks host. (Or maybe even a pre-configured wallet.dat file).

This initiative is visionary in so many ways. Whether it is successful is just a question of extent. It clearly is going to massively expose the 'emperors clothes' syndrome of the fiat banks by demonstrating that the citizens are just as capable of creating their own money as a central bank is.

It also will be a huge advance in introducing the idea of cryptocurrencies to an entire nation.

I'm sick of people attaching the 'scam' tag to anything and everthing that they happen to be cluless about. Wait and see what the result is before posting all this nonsense.

EDIT: Regarding the valuation, the coin is trading this morning at a healthy $20. So all it's doing is going through all the same machinations as Bitcoin has. It's not been dumped at all. About 10 days ago it was $5. The fact that it has any value at all and that it will entitle every single Icelander to a cryptocurrency 'asset' worth at least $600 - so more than $2000 per typical family - is phenomenal. It is a kind of 'reverse taxation' which isn't going to go un-noticed. The marketcap of the airdrop (Aurdrop ! Smiley ) itself is now a significant portion of Icelandic government annual tax revenues. So shut up with the FUD unless you know what you're talking about and get behind this.
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:11:12 AM

The only reason the Aurora dev hasn't dumped his coins is because there is almost zero liquidity as he holds 95% of all AUR in circulation. The supposed $Billion USD market cap was highly inflated by the premine to say the least.

If the dev were truly doing this for the greater good, he would turn over all of the premine to a publicly known and trusted third party. There are several on this forum alone that could and would do it. From what I understand, he won't even consider the idea which pretty much defines what this coin is, a mechanism for personal enrichment. Nothing wrong with that, just be up front.

I read online that an official of Iceland said in response to a question about AUR stated that if the dev could possibly notify and deliver anything, be it electronic or physical to every person in Iceland in less than a month that he would be a logistic savant genius and would have an immediate future in Reykjavik. The task of simply notifying the entire population of Iceland and "air dropping" coins in that short time span is near impossible never mind verifying their actual place of residence.

1) Build coin
4) Use tens of thousands of pre-deployed "air drop" wallets to launder coins from premine addresses

If the Aurora coin dev would simply move the entire premine prior to "air drop" into the control of a known publicly trusted escrow, this would changes things across the board. Simply posting the premine addresses does nothing as the laundering will occur during the "air drop".

What say you Baldur the Aurora Coin Developer?

~BCX~

Added:(12 hours after OP) The AUR dev has indicated he aware of this thread and will not consider an escrow.

I say you are a pathethic human being trying to justify your stupid move to destroy currency that actually can help a whole Nation. Icelandic krona has been deflating so much that word dump is a holy word if you look how krona has been dumped by their bankers.

I have never met a scammer whou would not sell 10 000 000 of units when price was 90USD for one.On that day he coult undercut all orders on poloniex, cryptsy, cryptorush and mintpal and gain literally million dollars. According to your retarded logic he has some better plan.

But as yourself said people will dump the coin right before airdrop because they will be scared he will dump it. A three years old logic and a good one. So why he did not dump now? Well yeah, it is not a scam, thats why.

Another argument of yours - with the third party holding the coins. You are totally delusional thinking somebody here has the will to "hold" a 2-3nd currency on coinmarketcap. Its one thing escrow 1BTC another 1000s.

So after you  have been told how much pathethic and retarded you are , you made this shitty excuse for some argument why auroracoin should be destroyed
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:33:09 AM

The only reason the Aurora dev hasn't dumped his coins is because there is almost zero liquidity as he holds 95% of all AUR in circulation. The supposed $Billion USD market cap was highly inflated by the premine to say the least.

If the dev were truly doing this for the greater good, he would turn over all of the premine to a publicly known and trusted third party. There are several on this forum alone that could and would do it. From what I understand, he won't even consider the idea which pretty much defines what this coin is, a mechanism for personal enrichment. Nothing wrong with that, just be up front.

I read online that an official of Iceland said in response to a question about AUR stated that if the dev could possibly notify and deliver anything, be it electronic or physical to every person in Iceland in less than a month that he would be a logistic savant genius and would have an immediate future in Reykjavik. The task of simply notifying the entire population of Iceland and "air dropping" coins in that short time span is near impossible never mind verifying their actual place of residence.

1) Build coin

If the Aurora coin dev would simply move the entire premine prior to "air drop" into the control of a known publicly trusted escrow, this would changes things across the board. Simply posting the premine addresses does nothing as the laundering will occur during the "air drop".

What say you Baldur the Aurora Coin Developer?

~BCX~

Added:(12 hours after OP) The AUR dev has indicated he aware of this thread and will not consider an escrow.

I say you are a pathethic human being trying to justify your stupid move to destroy currency that actually can help a whole Nation. Icelandic krona has been deflating so much that word dump is a holy word if you look how krona has been dumped by their bankers.

I have never met a scammer whou would not sell 10 000 000 of units when price was 90USD for one.On that day he coult undercut all orders on poloniex, cryptsy, cryptorush and mintpal and gain literally million dollars. According to your retarded logic he has some better plan.

But as yourself said people will dump the coin right before airdrop because they will be scared he will dump it. A three years old logic and a good one. So why he did not dump now? Well yeah, it is not a scam, thats why.

Another argument of yours - with the third party holding the coins. You are totally delusional thinking somebody here has the will to "hold" a 2-3nd currency on coinmarketcap. Its one thing escrow 1BTC another 1000s.

So after you  have been told how much pathethic and retarded you are , you made this shitty excuse for some argument why auroracoin should be destroyed

+1 to this. And I want to add some other things:

- coinmarketcap: WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT COINMARKETCAP? That site is 10x more useless than the idea of this coin. Only noobs buy coins judged by their position/raise on here.
- Promotion? This dev didn't even promote his own coin alot, yes he updates some things on twitter, but what he did NOT do is bump this topic everyday, telling people to mine, etc. He just posted plain updates, and news articles, when this coin was extremely under the radar a few weeks back. He didn't do ANY effort to promote his coin on here. U know why? Because again, most people here are idiots anyway, and the dev cares about actual use of his coin rather than all the babies here crying all the time.
- Exposure. Now that his coin gets a lot of exposure everyone is calling it a scam suddenly? Again, this coin has been out for a long time, and YOU, yes: YOU! All the people from this forum PUMPED this coin to the max. The dev didn't do ANYTHING but come up with the idea and the plan. This whole forum made it a pump & dump (yes, that's what it is now). The dev just wants to try something interesting. For his sake, this coin is worth the same as that it was a few weeks back (yes, that is still 10x lower than what it is worth now).
- ESCROW? The dev didn't even dump when the price went x30 in 3 days timespan. What more do you want from him? He is totally entitled to not use ESCROW. Especially not someone from here (again, he probably hates this forum). And another thing: why the hell should he use escrow now that the coin is in the spotlights? He owned his coins for a long time. No reason why he should give them away to someone else now.

These are just some points that i came up with. The people are are responsible for pumping this coin to heaven, and now they are crying about the dev and shit? The dev doesn't owe you anything. I am very curious what will happen either way, during the airdrop.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:22:29 PM

The trouble with this discussion is that most participants can't see the difference between facts and assumptions.

Let me demonstrate:

fact 1: The coin is 50% pre mined

I think we can all agree that this is indeed a fact. Now comes the transition:

Assumtion 1 (By the opposers): It's a scam because, the coin is 50% pre mined
Assumtion 1 (By the supporters): Dev is honest because he directly confessed the coin is 50% pre mined

You see what happens? The fact remains in place, but there has been put an addition to it. It's this addition that disqualifies the frase as a fact.

Funny part is, you can use this neat trick also the other way around and turn an assumption into a fact, again a demonstration:

Assumtion A: "BitcoinEXpress is the most genius member of this forum!"

Again I think we can all agree that we could fill pages of discussions between supporters and opponents.

Now we do our little trick:

Fact A: "If all other members would leave, BitcoinEXpress is the most genius member of this forum!"

So.... Lets try to keep this in mind next time when we waste valuable time on opposing each others "facts".

Theres no shame if one disagrees, as long as we can agree to disagree agreeably!

CHEERS  Grin

Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:26:51 PM

Roll Eyes You guys are just hilarious, why on earth iceland gov would provide that icekey service to use in this case ?
Got dammit is unbelievable to see such a many auroracoin groupies, this coin is obviously at least "murky".
The air-drop sounds like a joke without any decent realistic way of distribute the coin.

And from the basic economics perspective, what would happen to the price if supply suddenly explode ?

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:41:41 PM

Roll Eyes You guys are just hilarious, why on earth iceland gov would provide that icekey service to use in this case ?
Got dammit is unbelievable to see such a many auroracoin groupies, this coin is obviously at least "murky".
The air-drop sounds like a joke without any decent realistic way of distribute the coin.

And from the basic economics perspective, what would happen to the price if supply suddenly explode ?

Hi, you are absolutely right, Icelandic Gov most likely will not provide this. On the other hand, I have slightly put the puzzle together and begin to see how it can be done. I also know it would be unwise just now to reveil this in detail, because certain parts still need to be secured before hackers start to anticipate on it. Dev and others are making great progress tough in securing all angles.

One misunderstanding I see in many posts also is to think the airdrop wil take place in a couple of days. This is absolutely not the plan, because that would indeed be impossible. There is however a very good plan that will give everyone in Iceland a fair chance to verifiably proclaim their AUR within one year.

Regarding the price, to me that seems irrelevant. The important part is that the coin wil find it's place in the Icelandic economy and starts to get used. It's not the amount of coins in traffic that determine its price, it's the value that will be stored into it once in circulation.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:57:48 PM

I'm sorry, but you're the clown in this case.

The Icekey - contrary to what you incorrectly assert - is not provided at the discretion of the Icelandic "Government".

It is a general purpose internet based authentication tool which any citizen can obtain upon provision of appropriate ID. You're not required to say why you need it - in fact the authorities positively encourage people to obtain it since it promotes better internet security and is used for all kinds of services.

All you've done with this post is to demonstrate how little substance there is to the 'scam' accusations made in this thread. A bunch of attention seeking drama queens making all kinds of speculative assumptions without any basis.

Yes, the Auroracoin developer COULD be scamming everybody. But it looks increasingly unlikely and as others have pointed out, it's difficult to see what he now has to gain from it - apart from crashing the market and making off with a few thousand bucks which is probably far less attractive to him that the much more challenging prize of making a genuine impact upon the Icelandic society.
lphelps

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:27:54 PM

I guess it was because the dev himself stated he would deliver all coins on the 25th.

It is you that shoould do some research.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/in-one-month-everyone-in-iceland-will-own-cryptocurrency

Don't feel bad, you're only idiot 1001 this month alone that get pwnd by me.

~BCX~

taken directly from the god damn website: http://auroracoin.org/airdrop.php

The Airdrop will start to take place on March 25th 2014 and will target as many Icelanders as possible. There are various means of authenticating Icelanders on the Internet, that will be utilized to execute the Airdrop. About 330,000 Icelanders will be made able to claim f 31.8 each over the following year from the initiation of the Airdrop.

The Airdrop will provide Icelanders with a great opportunity to get to know Auroracoin and use it in their daily lives. It will as well provide a way for them to reach outside the confines of the currency controls.

The Airdrop will be a gift to each and every recipient, for him or her to spend or save.

Further detail on the Airdrop will be posted once it is under way.

You're a fucking piece of shit and purposely trying to destroy the currency by claiming the Dev is going to do something when it says specifically that on the March 25th the Airdrop starts and throughout the year it will take to distribute the coins..

I'm seeing a trend on this thread.. you got the shit talkers that are trying to destroy this coin so they can get it as low as they can before they buy up all of them and then mega pump and dump them.. Typical Rothschild Jew banker mentality.. 
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:31:28 PM

I guess it was because the dev himself stated he would deliver all coins on the 25th.

It is you that shoould do some research.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/in-one-month-everyone-in-iceland-will-own-cryptocurrency

Don't feel bad, you're only idiot 1001 this month alone that get pwnd by me.

~BCX~

My internet must be different than your internet.  Please quote the part where the developer says he would deliver all the coins on the 25th.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: