Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:40:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto  (Read 20578 times)
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:14:54 PM

Bruno Kucinskas a.k.a. Phinnaeus Gage a.k.a. TMIBTCITW ran off with a valuable herd of Bagot and British Primitive Goats belonging to a Lambo-driving Bitcoiner.
Okay, I take it back, it was possible to make it slightly more surreal. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:17:25 PM

What is your agenda in repeatedly stating that Andreas is running a scam?

Whilst that is of course possible, it seems highly unlikely that one of the best known names in the bitcoin community would destroy their reputation for a relatively small sum.

Will you be posting a public apology after Andreas delivers the funds?

LoL

Trendon Shavers was the "community" financial leader until his scheme imploded.

Bruce Wagner was the televised voice of the "community" until he got away with plenty of  BTC which did not belonged to him.

Patrick Harnett was the "community" bastion of the good credit until he vanished with Mircea's BTC.

Zhou Thong was the "community" most young intelligent lad until he was caught stealing Bitcoinica's customers BTC.

LoL

Public apology for what? For my right to freely express what I think?

Man, for a VIP member, you sure seem sour and jaded.  Did the price crash get to you?
Did you sell your forum account?

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:11:22 AM

Man, for a VIP member, you sure seem sour and jaded.  Did the price crash get to you?

Yes, I cannot stop to think how the people which bought BTC "savings" at 1200 USD are feeling right know... Poor people.

Embarrassed

Did you sell your forum account?

No.

By the way, I read in another thread that Andreas is involved with the Neo&Bee scheme. It is a coincidence the donation date was changed when the Neo&Bee CEO just vanished...

Roll Eyes
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:53:56 PM

Read here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/

UPDATE - April 9th, 2014:

I am in contact with Mr. Dorian Nakamoto and I will be delivering control of the funds to him, in person, within the next 3 weeks. I will post an update once this is done, as verification.

Yes, I cannot stop to think how the people which bought BTC "savings" at 1200 USD are feeling right know... Poor people.

Embarrassed

I am also sad for those people in the same way I was sad for those who bough at 260 in April last year, managed to hodl, and sold at 1000... Wink

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:45:33 PM

What is your agenda in repeatedly stating that Andreas is running a scam?

Whilst that is of course possible, it seems highly unlikely that one of the best known names in the bitcoin community would destroy their reputation for a relatively small sum.

Will you be posting a public apology after Andreas delivers the funds?

LoL

Trendon Shavers was the "community" financial leader until his scheme imploded.

Bruce Wagner was the televised voice of the "community" until he got away with plenty of  BTC which did not belonged to him.

Patrick Harnett was the "community" bastion of the good credit until he vanished with Mircea's BTC.

Zhou Thong was the "community" most young intelligent lad until he was caught stealing Bitcoinica's customers BTC.

LoL

Public apology for what? For my right to freely express what I think?

Wasn't Andreas advisor to Neo Bee led by scuzzball Cryptocyprus Danny who is the latest big scammer on this list (only Mark K. is missing)?

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinStocks/comments/1swo6w/andreas_antonopoulos_is_advising_neo_bee_look_at/

So he didn't pay Dorian Nakamoto diddly squat as of yet when it only takes seconds to make a payment? Quelle surprise...
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:12:55 PM

By mid April the price might be $600 or more so maybe it is a good idea for Andreas to take another week or two.

at this falling rate, he'd be lucky if it's $60  Cheesy
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:09:56 PM

Wasn't Andreas advisor to Neo Bee led by scuzzball Cryptocyprus Danny who is the latest big scammer on this list (only Mark K. is missing)?

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinStocks/comments/1swo6w/andreas_antonopoulos_is_advising_neo_bee_look_at/

So he didn't pay Dorian Nakamoto diddly squat as of yet when it only takes seconds to make a payment? Quelle surprise...

Well, even the man with the best of intentions might become the advisor for someone not that good. Andreas is probably busy and don't have the time to research everyone that contacts him. But he's probably well meaning and if anyone reaches out for help he gives a helping hand. By action, he's repeatedly shown that he wants the best of Bitcoin. It could all be a play, but I doubt that.

As for the Neo Bee situation I have no idea how that's played out or what's happened, if there's anything criminal going on, that's highly unfortunate, and the last thing bitcoin needs.

Dorian Nakamoto is reportedly not active when it comes to bitcoin, and I saw some reports of him not even having an internet connection, he had to drop it because of emotional distress. Through traditional channels, communications might take longer, and if there's an exchange to dollars involved, and possibly a flight so the money can be transferred in person as well, it will all add to the time required to finish the deal.

If however it turns out it's a scam, Andreas has forever burned himself, somehow I believe that's not very likely, so as long as he's not provably failed, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:08:45 PM

By mid April the price might be $600 or more so maybe it is a good idea for Andreas to take another week or two.

at this falling rate, he'd be lucky if it's $60  Cheesy

Hopefully Andreas will give him the option to hold the coins without cashing them in.  Seriously, by Summer they could be worth 5 times as much as they are now.  But even at $400 per coin I am sure Dorian will be appreciative.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:23:11 AM

Well, even the man with the best of intentions might become the advisor for someone not that good. Andreas is probably busy and don't have the time to research everyone that contacts him. But he's probably well meaning and if anyone reaches out for help he gives a helping hand. By action, he's repeatedly shown that he wants the best of Bitcoin. It could all be a play, but I doubt that.

As for the Neo Bee situation I have no idea how that's played out or what's happened, if there's anything criminal going on, that's highly unfortunate, and the last thing bitcoin needs.

Dorian Nakamoto is reportedly not active when it comes to bitcoin, and I saw some reports of him not even having an internet connection, he had to drop it because of emotional distress. Through traditional channels, communications might take longer, and if there's an exchange to dollars involved, and possibly a flight so the money can be transferred in person as well, it will all add to the time required to finish the deal.

If however it turns out it's a scam, Andreas has forever burned himself, somehow I believe that's not very likely, so as long as he's not provably failed, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe Andreas just wants to meet the creator of bitcoin in person.  I'm sure he must be a fan.

redhawk979

Activity: 271

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:14:25 AM

This is the attitude that lets so many Bitcoin scams flourish. People making excuses for red flags.
TheFootMan

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:53:43 AM

This is the attitude that lets so many Bitcoin scams flourish. People making excuses for red flags.

You hit the wrong target.

What are the red flags here, please elaborate.
redhawk979

Activity: 271

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:14:16 PM

Because relying on reputation isn't always the best thing, as has been proven tons of times. Everyone slobbered on Neo & Bee, look how well that turned out. People defending Danny even when he goes MIA for 2+ weeks with no answers.

What is the hold up to deliver money to Dorian?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:21:06 PM

Maybe Andreas just wants to meet the creator of bitcoin in person.  I'm sure he must be a fan.

Maybe Andreas just wants to meet the creator of bitcoin in prison. I'm sure he must be a fan
TheFootMan

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:12:57 PM

Because relying on reputation isn't always the best thing, as has been proven tons of times. Everyone slobbered on Neo & Bee, look how well that turned out. People defending Danny even when he goes MIA for 2+ weeks with no answers.

What is the hold up to deliver money to Dorian?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto

UPDATE - April 9th, 2014:

I am in contact with Mr. Dorian Nakamoto and I will be delivering control of the funds to him, in person, within the next 3 weeks. I will post an update once this is done, as verification.

Approx 19K USD worth of btc is collected at the moment (47.55 btc): https://blockchain.info/address/1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX

I guess 3 weeks timeframe in the real world to have something done is not unreasonable..
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:15:35 PM

I'm confused; has this been delivered to him?

I donated BTC under the pretense that it would be delivered to Satoshi... wth?
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:09:42 PM

I'm confused; has this been delivered to him?

I donated BTC under the pretense that it would be delivered to Satoshi... wth?
Read the post immediately above yours.

within the next 3 weeks
Can't decide whether this is better than Two WeeksTM or not. Grin

Seriously though, he has to convert the BTC to USD and set up a meeting.  Three weeks is perfectly reasonable.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 12:24:48 AM

I say that if it were most anybody else, I would suggest getting out the pitchforks, but truly believe that Andreas Antonopolous WILL deliver even if it takes upwards of a month.

The sad part is that Dorian's lawyer may end up the biggest chunk of it since he probably had to retain counsel.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:34:28 AM

I say that if it were most anybody else, I would suggest getting out the pitchforks, but truly believe that Andreas Antonopolous WILL deliver even if it takes upwards of a month.

The sad part is that Dorian's lawyer may end up the biggest chunk of it since he probably had to retain counsel.

No one has take me up on my 10 to 1 odds bet that Andreas will deliver.  I could always be wrong but like others have said, makes no sense for him to trash his reputation for a few dozen coins.  Plus, when something rings true, you can feel it.  I feel this man's integrity.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:53:13 AM

Maybe Andreas just wants to meet the creator of bitcoin in prison. I'm sure he must be a fan

What do you mean? 

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:26:54 AM

I'm pretty sure Andreas has delivered the funds already and is just waiting a week or two to announce it, so it's very old news and the media won't bother to pick up on it. Smart.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: