Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:24:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain or Cryptpcurrency?  (Read 1132 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:58:57 PM

Blockchain is the technology while crypto's are the medium of exchange in short money in digital world.

Blockchain can be adopted and same goes for crypto. It's sad to say that blockchain can be adopted even without the use of crypto's and that's what most of the companies are doing right now. You can search on what are those companies that are applying this tech to their services.
kobita333

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

Official Street Team member

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:59:03 PM

Cryptocurrency is being processed utilizing the blockchain system. There are some more usages of blockchain without cryptocurrency. I got one from DeepOnion for kinda notary service. So, soon, there will be more usages from blockchain.

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
sirojuddin

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 06:18:10 PM

Hey guys, there are two different difenitions: Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. A lot of experts say that crypto is going to die soon but blockchain itself is a very useful technology. What do you think are they right? Do you think blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency?
crypto and blockchain in my opinion are two different things that cannot be separated. because of the existence of Blockchain because there is crypto. so if fiat money applies Blockchain technology then fiat will still be crypto.

baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:39:54 PM

Blockchain is a very useful technology, being used outside the crypto market by some institutions and banks that do not provide crypto services. Blockchain technology can live without cryptocurrency because it's a technology, but crypto might not survive without blockchain. Blockchain is true that it is most used on the crypto market, and its disappearance would also greatly influence technology.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:54:49 PM

You can not seperate them from eachother. Because cryptocurrencies are based on blockchain technology and as soon as blockchain technology exists, crypto market will also stay alive.
Olyphant 13

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:00:34 PM

Cryptocurrency uses the blockchain technology to run the system in crypto world, and it may not survive without the technology. While blockchain seems possible to survive without cryptocurrency because it is a technology. A technology can be adapted to many sectors in our life. However, crypto and blockchain can not be separated from one another. They will continue to develop and support one another. They have a very related history, it causes a strong correlation between them.   

I very agree with this statement. Obviously, blockchain consists the vessel and delivers the means that cryptocurrency needs to work. However, crypto are the money- profit that lubrigates the machine to work!
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:35:07 AM

Hey guys, there are two different difenitions: Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. A lot of experts say that crypto is going to die soon but blockchain itself is a very useful technology. What do you think are they right? Do you think blockchain can exist without cryptocurrency?
I think blockchain could have a longer term impact on the world than cryptocurrency.

Right now, cryptocurrency is leading the way on finance and creating the "peoples money" sort of feeling a new type of economic revolution where people take control over their own money and it created a big wave of interest in it (maybe not on the right reasons but an interest nevertheless) so right now cryptocurrency is a frenzy and even the official governments are taking an interest to it which means it is leading the way for blockchain.

Blockchain however is basically a development system which could potentially be used almost anywhere and it could change how the systems work in any business around the world and could create an insane amount of new software to be released with blockchain integrated into it however for that to happen there needs to be new developers who understand how it works and use it for business reasons rather than cryptocurrency reasons and then it will eventually get more and more however that will take some time, in the long run the business world will have software all relied on blockchain technology but for now cryptocurrency is much higher on the way.
labuan

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:47:43 AM

Cryptocurrency and blockchain was inseparable, because the power of cryptocurrency is anonym transaction for user and the blockchain, so i can't choose 1 of blockchain and cryptocurrency because cryptocurrency and blockchain give each other.
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:55:03 AM

if you remove the crypt, then most likely people will no longer be interested in the blockchain. if there is no crypt, the blockchain will be centralized. since the miners need to decentralize, and the motivation for miners is a crypt.
esetop01tryba

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://www.empirehotels.io

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:59:59 AM

The blockchain was created for bitcoin transactions and is now used in other Altoona in traditional business ! I agree that the use of technology will grow exponentially but cryptocurrency will not die !

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) (https://www.empirehotels.io/) The Future of Hospitality
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:07:22 AM

both are two faces for the same currency no one will host the node without financial incentives .. i mean there is no blockchain without cryptocurrency and no cryptocurrency without blockchain .. good luck and have a nice day Smiley

Thanks a lot buddy!  I concur and second on this. There is no any crypto that would exist without blockchain, vise versa.  I would like to learn more better if there is any opinion against this.
Are you sure about that? what about the coin that use DAG system, they can't be called as a part of the blockchain ecosystem and basically they are using the different thing and it's not blockchain.
DAG use server as the main part to create such an instant and zero fees transaction.

maybe your post can make enlightenment for other members who are still not familiar with crypto and blockchain. I think we hope we understand because discussing is one to make insight broad.
Checkoi

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:07:55 AM

I believe that blockchain is a revolutionary technology that will change the world in the future, but I also believe that cryptocurrency will add a lot of new things too and it seems to me that they should not be written off either

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
BarneyXC

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:52:07 AM

Blockchain and crypto currency both are equally important for another for surviving. Crypto may not survive without blockchain. But blockchain just might. It has already been implemented in some financial institution.
Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 09:53:54 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2018, 10:32:04 AM by Saugani

We will all be thinking and also to the people of genius the world hoping to make research in a transparent about cryptography for the next 15 - 20 years.

I agree, but do you think the development of tech blockchain need to be developed for the future because this is the new tech
"no blockchain without cryptocurrency and no cryptocurrency without blockchain"

While there is a man IT (engineer) like something his work, we believe that they can develop it all the progress of new focus on developer fields blockchain.
I see there's a lot the moment and this a candidate for future development.

Crypto or blockchain, I'm still ambiguous answer this discussion in thinking me, to the point
1. crypto: If you want more of your money and get profit play on crypto and remember that there is a time
2. blockchain: If you want to see the success of blockchain, needed support but not all startup/developers to adopt crypto but they only adopted blockchain.

As a result need to research that far ahead

team87

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:34:12 AM

I will only make short conclusions about Blockchain and cryptocurrency that we are talking about today. However, both are interrelated and have a very close relationship. Maybe it can be compared to Fish and water, that's my understanding easily.
john alex young

Activity: 199
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:49:20 AM

I don't know enough. But, as long as I participate in this forum, on average I read that Blockchain and Cryptocurrency are mutual. Regarding the experts you mentioned here, if possible I want to know their references, who knows they are right.
Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:16:48 AM

Of course, for the blockchain future, but whether there will be a cryptocurrency there is not known. Blockchain is a technology that can be accepted everywhere, and cryptocurrency is a by-product. Banks have a particular interest in blockchain technology and may use it in the future.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:23:03 AM

Blockchain or Cryptocurrency are the two sides of a coin if one is the head and the other is the tail.It means both are co-related. They can't exist without each other. 
what do you think? blockchain and crypto currencies are obviously two different sides, crypto currencies may not survive if blockchain technology is lost, but blockchain technology will not die even without crypto currencies.
Roman Terry

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:18:40 PM

Well, cryptocurrency is the currency which can changed, reduced and also might be diminished. But blockchain is a system, a technology which can just be evolved but can't be destroyed. It's true that blockchain has now no purpose without crypto, but it can be developed and emerged.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:24:38 PM

Blockchain is an entity that can occur independently without cryptocurrency, but cryptocurrency is an ingredient to blockchain, just like internet is an ingredient to online.
So, blockchain could have been boring without cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: