Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:24:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it okay to trade on telegram?  (Read 23780 times)
ovcijisir

Activity: 1487
Merit: 323

🐪 https://freebitco.in/?r=38535612

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 05:46:08 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2018, 06:37:19 PM by ovcijisir

You and the party you are trading with do not need anyone else, and can work via Telegram or whatever. However you are taking on risks that could be avoided using a licensed exchange.  If you do it yourself and someone rips you off... Well, you have no recourse to get your money back. So if trust is an issue, use an exchange.

I recommend to trade with people on Telegram only with people who you know personally, and you are sure they won't scam you.

On my experience Telegram is so full of scammers that I strongly suggest against doing any trade on it with unknown people.

If you don't want to use exchanges to avoid giving your personal information, then you can choose from any exchange that doesn't require KYC (for example Cryptopia)

Edit: added bolded text

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:03:16 PM

You then got to 100% trust the other party. Otherwise use known exchanges with a good reputation.

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
BlockGroup

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:04:12 PM

As I know scam on telegram pretty much, how to recognize this?

If the scam is too good to be true (good bonus etc...) or if the scammer asks for you to make the first move/insists you use trade using a 3rd-party service he "knows" then you can treat that as a "Better safe than sorry situation" and leave it alone.

BlockGroup

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:14:00 PM

You and the party you are trading with do not need anyone else, and can work via Telegram or whatever. However you are taking on risks that could be avoided using a licensed exchange.  If you do it yourself and someone rips you off... Well, you have no recourse to get your money back. So if trust is an issue, use an exchange.

I recommend to trade with people on Telegram only with people who you know personally, and you are sure they won't scam you.

On my experience Telegram is so full of scammers that I strongly suggest against doing any trade on it with unknown people.

If you don't want to use exchanges to avoid giving your personal information, then you can choose from any exchange that doesn't require KYC (for example Cryptopia)

Edit: added bolded text

I have seen some legit groups on Telegram where members of the Team of the project will offer escrow, this is about the only case I would trade with a stranger.

Otherwise, I agree with you 100%
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:04:54 PM

I don't encourage anybody to conduct trading on telegram platform because that is the platform where scammers operate and you can lose your money without any refund. Even through i have heard of many telegram platforms where most people are trading on some telegram platforms with successful trading system i just don't encourage it because the risk ratio is very high.

superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:58:03 PM

You better stay away on telegram especially when you want to trade, telegram is the place where most of scammers operates. Of you to trade go to exchanges it would be safer.

1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:32:14 AM

As you said "most" of the users here have telegram Im sure not just most but "all", and also there are some scammers here in the forum that use telegram to trick other people because their identity is not verified on telegram and they can freely scam people without getting known by anyone.

So basically trading on telegram is the most risky way of trading. Always remember that legitimate bounty admin will not send you "PM" first just to invest on their project. Keep safe  Smiley

nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:57:16 PM

You can not be sure of anything when you are talking about cryptocurrency trading. There are no regulators, there is no third party interested in fair trade. All risk is your risk and no one else.
Even if you go to trade on a popular exchange (Binance, Poloniex) you can lose your money.
But what about the telegram. It seems strange to me,  because we have more easy ways to trade.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:46:56 AM

If you are planning to use telegram for trading your tokens then forget about it , the chance is 99% you will get scammed instantly they are not trusted enough to make such trades in telegram platform no assurance, I suggest if you want to trade erc20 tokens then use forkdelta just post a buy order and tell the buyer to buy it.   

Coin-Desk

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 12:07:41 PM

No It’s not okey to trade on telegram. Because in telegram you can easily change your name and also you can change your username. So I think it is totally risky to trade on telegram. My question is why you trade on telegram? There are many pretty much good trading platform here. You can choose any of them and start trading.

Doing trade on telegram its not safe and secure. If you really want to trade then create an account on any good trading platform. You can teade easily in those platform. So why you want to trade on telegram. It is not good idea to trade on telegram. Never trade on telegram.

Best regards
Coin-Desk

troublingchatting

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 04:51:07 PM

You can follow a channels signals but test them on a demo account at first, it you are in profit for 2 weeks then you've found yourself a good channel, else most of them are just scams luring you into investing in their own platform or sign up for a signal vip that will make you lose more than you win.
steamunified

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 05:01:18 PM

I'd stay away of telegram groups giving signals, no one will make your rich.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 05:03:01 PM

I think the best way to trade is to do this on exchanges. And are a lot of legit exchanges: binance, bittrex, kucoin, poloniex, cryptopia and much more. I never get scammed on this exchanges and i also activated 2fa for more security. And if you refer to trade signals on telegram stat away from them.
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 05:33:28 PM

No it is not safe to trade on telegram at all because you can be scammed very easily. it is better and safe to trade on exchange platforms or buy from registered platforms like Coinbase etc.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 09:29:41 AM

Most of the users have telegram here and they ask to trade there? Is this ok? Or it's more likely to get scammed when using outsource of the forum to trade?
Trade in the telegram? how? do you mean getting a trading signal? Or Do you mean sending your money to other to manage your money or account? If you clear your query then it will be more easy to answer. However, be careful from a scammer. Trade yourself that will be a good decision.

Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:24:46 AM

There are a lot of scammers in telegram, it's better to trade in this forum.
You can use the service of the trusted member here for an escrow, it's safer if you have third party, but if you can make him send first, then there's nothing to discuss.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
auntyjmary

Activity: 368

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:33:42 PM

Online trading and other activities are easily associated with scams so you can easily be scammed online and not just on telegram. There are credible escrows around to help issues. There are equally genuine people who are doing honest trading on telegram so you need to research carefully before you join any group for trading purposes.
sue1710

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:47:08 PM

How can you trade on the telegram? Only get the information and signal from some newbie attraction channel? Please understand that if you want to become a trader with stable psychologically, you have to learn first, such as market sentiment, technical analysis. This way is better and safer for your asset.
pityunbent

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 11:34:47 PM

Not recommended, it's the same as the binary option signal group, just a pure scam.W
romelitounknown

Activity: 279
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 12:15:25 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2019, 12:39:33 PM by romelitounknown

What are you going to trade on Telegram? A physical goods? Digital Information? If you are referring to Cryptocurrency, there's a lot of trusted crypto exchanges online. Please do not attempt to do crypto trading on social medias or p2p without using an Escrow for security purposes.You may want to search on Google for some legit crypto exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: