Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB bitcoins for Canadian Dollars!  (Read 736 times)
printshop (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:34:01 AM

Hello. I've been doing some successful trades with takagari and others and I'd like to do more trades with more people. The rationale is that I have quite a few BTC I want to buy, I am only comfortable with doing 1 BTC or less at a time, and I want to make other contacts in case takagari goes on holidays.

I only want to use RBC client to client transfer. While some people have pointed out it is theoretically possible to reverse the transfer, a) in practice it is not possible (because) b) I do this all the time and c) I'm willing to use escrow and wait for as long as you think is necessary to clear the funds. Although frankly I am willing to send first and not use escrow because I don't think it's necessary as long as you are a trusted seller.

If you're a Canadian with a Royal Bank account, and have bitcoins to sell, I am your go-to guy. I need to purchase another 20 bitcoins or so. Please reply here or in PM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:54:08 AM

Hello. I've been doing some successful trades with takagari and others and I'd like to do more trades with more people. The rationale is that I have quite a few BTC I want to buy, I am only comfortable with doing 1 BTC or less at a time, and I want to make other contacts in case takagari goes on holidays.

I only want to use RBC client to client transfer. While some people have pointed out it is theoretically possible to reverse the transfer, a) in practice it is not possible (because) b) I do this all the time and c) I'm willing to use escrow and wait for as long as you think is necessary to clear the funds. Although frankly I am willing to send first and not use escrow because I don't think it's necessary as long as you are a trusted seller.

If you're a Canadian with a Royal Bank account, and have bitcoins to sell, I am your go-to guy. I need to purchase another 20 bitcoins or so. Please reply here or in PM!
I'll think about it. What are you looking for as a rate?
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:27:00 AM

I'll think about it. What are you looking for as a rate?

It's probably fair to pay bitstamp +5% since I'm requesting to buy. I think there's a new canadian exchange, quandraX or something. You could use their rates+5% if you choose.

I don't mind using localbitcoins to escrow the transaction, because they make it easy to input the rate based on the exchanges.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:51:32 PM

I can match anything you would like.  Could.do a 5 grand in a day buy if wanted Smiley
If your looking for even more btc I can offer much better rates as well
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:52:06 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 06:36:15 PM by printshop

I can match anything you would like.  Could.do a 5 grand in a day buy if wanted Smiley
If your looking for even more btc I can offer much better rates as well

Oh, well I am not sure I would feel comfortable doing that much in a single transaction. Maybe 1 or 2 BTC at once, but I would like to limit it to that for now. It just feels safer for some reason. After we get the $129 done we can go as high as 2 BTC Smiley

Oh, the other issue is that I can only do up to $1k to $2k per day total, so I need someone as a backup should I not be able to reach you on a particular day.

Edit: So what I mean is that every day I'd like to do a trade with you, but also with someone else so I can get the volume I need within my safety comfort zone.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:12:28 PM

Makes sense Smiley Should be cleared today. (the $129)
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:48:21 AM

Makes sense Smiley Should be cleared today. (the $129)

The $129 cleared, and I bought an additional $500 worth in this time frame from takagari too. Will use this post as reference for feedback~
printshop (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:15:35 PM

Hello. I'm looking to do some trades again. I'm hoping takagari or someone is out there who can take RBC client to client.

Please ignore the negative trust from Vod, he's been thoroughly dismissed over on the meta forum.
NewDeal2014

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:05:22 PM

Hello. I'm looking to do some trades again. I'm hoping takagari or someone is out there who can take RBC client to client.

Please ignore the negative trust from Vod, he's been thoroughly dismissed over on the meta forum.

PMing you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: