Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:01:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Female centered development policies  (Read 120 times)
lockes007 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:33:06 PM

Our world today is faced by several development policies all aimed at addressing gender inequality. The girl-child grows up with all systems of society placed in such a way that it favors the 'Girl' leaving the boy to make it in life to later on take care of the girl in life.
We hear gender activists advocating gender equality day-in day-out but this however is muted when a boy and a girl go on a date and the cheque is presented. You don't find them say 'lets split the cheque.
If we continue to prepare the girl-child for the future and leave the boy-child to pick up common sense from rail tracks,we should get ready for treacherous days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Idaujotaite

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:56:08 AM

I think this is a very touchy subject with many opinions. These girl, of this generation are not being raised on princess stories, most usually are thought to stand up for themselves, and they don't need a boy to help them. Basically a generation of independent women. So things are slowly changing for the better , and gender equality is badly needed.
JessAnd

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:43:37 PM

I think this is a very touchy subject with many opinions. These girl, of this generation are not being raised on princess stories, most usually are thought to stand up for themselves, and they don't need a boy to help them. Basically a generation of independent women. So things are slowly changing for the better , and gender equality is badly needed.

Very much agree that gender equality isn't real yet.
I'm a strong believer (and history supports this) that female leaders tend to advance education and science, and don't engage in the war unless provoked and need(ed) to expand the territory to protect their countries (I'm talking medieval times).
That said, I also do believe that as a part of gender equality we' as women, should learn not to use "How can you say/do this to a woman" argument in conversations with men, because by saying that we just admitting that we're weaker, and they are supposed to give us some kind of special treatment, a discount. In other words, equal rights mean equal responsibilities.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:00:35 PM

Female centered development policies are anchored to the incorrect beliefs about gender equality and improper concept about feminism. People often think that in empowering women, men should have decreased its 'power'. But that's not true, you don't have to down someone to lift another. We don't have to underestimate the other just to praise and appreciate one another. On the other hand, female centered development policies are ways just to make an equality before men. Either ways, policies are constructed to protect people. So whatever it is, as long as it only uplift women and not degrading men or vice versa, then it would be no problem at all.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
JessAnd

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:03:58 PM

Female centered development policies are anchored to the incorrect beliefs about gender equality and improper concept about feminism. People often think that in empowering women, men should have decreased its 'power'. But that's not true, you don't have to down someone to lift another. We don't have to underestimate the other just to praise and appreciate one another. On the other hand, female centered development policies are ways just to make an equality before men. Either ways, policies are constructed to protect people. So whatever it is, as long as it only uplift women and not degrading men or vice versa, then it would be no problem at all.

Very well said! In fact, it should be among the first things to explain about the movement: the goal is not to undermine the men, the goal is to make everyone stronger.
And I think we don't stress this enough in the process of raising boys and girls. The fundamental notion should be: one should respect the other regardless to the gender. If children are raised with the idea of mutual respect to fellow human beings we will avoid so many issues the world is facing now, including gender inequality.
barrett_fire

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:17:26 PM

This is definitely a sensitive topic. I agree that we have seen a lot of this. Women have definitely had a lot of limitations to their rights in the past. Many woman fought so hard that, in some cases, the pendulum has gone in the other direction a little bit. In some cases, women have more rights or at least they are given more favor than men. criza said it well above, feminism should be about equal rights, not more rights. I've been surprised in the past when as woman was upset that I held the door open for her. She said she can open the door herself. That's definitely taking it too far. On the other hand, there are things that men can do that most women can't, like things that require a lot of physical strength. Woman, obviously, can bear children, while men can't. We just all need to respect one another and be considerate.
gembirdprivate

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:23:24 PM

These" changes " in the principles of our grandparents will not lead to anything good, I'm sure.
For equality are only people with oddities, it's not an insult, it's a fact
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: