Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:31:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the world really waiting for a global decentralized money?  (Read 1747 times)
Huberto2020

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:13:18 PM

It really depends on the global majority. If it was put to a vote I guess the tide would be supporting of the decentralized global money but it will come with its pros and cons.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rinaldo1971

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:13:38 PM

Many people are still in the dark regarding the existence of decentralized currency. And frankly most of them do not care that as well but that will not stop the growth of the currency in any way.
Ocaewin03

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:58:12 PM

Most people of the world are just happy to earn money. So many people are illiterate and the concept 'decentralization; would make no sense to them. Perhaps the world needs a decntralized currency along with fiats, but what it needs imminently is making the mass people aware of the benefits of decentralized currency.
Lothien12

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:58:48 PM

The world may need a global currency, one could argue. But the matter of the fact is, half of the total population don't even care where is this money coming from as long as it is coming. This much poverty we have. People who are aware of the loop holes of central currency would love a change. But otherwise, people are still in dark.
Hailalind32

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:59:07 PM

The world is not yet ready for a decentralized cryptocurency. There are many opposing factors are in the way of a global decentralized money. I for one hopes to see a future where decentralized cryptocurrencies are globally accepted.
Agrayric66

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:59:24 PM

Most of the people actually do not care about decentralization as long as they cannot see the potentiality of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. World is actually far away from having this decentralized money let alone global one.
becak mesin

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:10:08 PM

Probably yes but if Crypto currency cannot serve what average people or world needs, people will not cares about it. However, I see the facts that bitcoin offers potential services to change the world run to digital. It is proven by the development of widespread of bitcoin is continuously increased. Government is trying to see the potential of blockchain technology.

Crypto-Court
Universal Cryptocurrency Platform
https://cryptocourt.online/
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:31:11 PM

Can you define ''world''?
It's to general term.
Do you think about political and economical, banking elite?
I'm sure that they are thinking about global decentralized money but they don't think about bitcoin in such context.
Why?
It's very simple really, they can't control bitcoin.
Average people mostly, influenced by media, don't have positive impression about bitcoin at the moment.
Many people think that bitcoin is only good for speculation on the market.
I think that people will like idea to have one global currency so that they can avoid exchanges during travel but just a few see bitcoin as such currency.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Weecoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:48:00 PM

yes, when I read from local media that public enthusiasm for the demand of decentralized currencies always improved better, Indonesia, China, India, South Korea, Venezuela, Argentina, Switzerland, Singapore, Malaysia, and others.

although some countries prohibit the development of crypto, but in reality, many people adopt crypto, such as in Indonesia, China and India.

and that means, the public has realized that crypto is their economic solution, so I say that the world is waiting for decentralized currencies.

a great and valid idea Smiley
ict

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:16:26 PM

in my opinion no. Decentralized or centralized currencies are very useful for all countries. the world only needs a currency with a good system with good security. so that all countries feel safe and comfortable if they do economic activities. so that all countries will choose the best currency system to support their activities.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:41:57 PM

No, people have no interest if money is decentralised or not what they want is money that works, money that can be used to pay for goods and services.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
nisya

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:24:26 AM

I am not sure for this because when cryptocurrency release and people know about cryptocurrency, I think they are not ready to see and use cryptocurrency. Besides that, we need to wait for the cryptocurrency is in use in all country then the chance to see cryptocurrency become global decentralized money will happen. Without accepting in all country, we will never see this is happening because there are not too big support from each country and the people itself.
Kestenbetsa

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:28:48 AM

Is the world now admit that screaming HODL when it was at 14500 was a mistaken scream  Cry

People don't typically like to admit they're wrong, so you're asking for too much here. They'll just try to rationalize it. But the math can't be rationalized. No matter how you cut it, HODL wasn't the ideal approach. It wasn't even the safest.

You would have made more money with just about any selling at any point when it was over $10K. You didn't even have to sell at ATH. Then bought back at any point under $10K. No need to even time it perfectly or hit the bottom accurately. At a minimum you should have made a little extra cash. But if you were patient, you would have made a killing. No need for any active trading, just two extra transactions. You could then return to your exact same HODL position, but with extra cash in your pocket, and having a little extra guarantee in case things don't pan out.

Holding long term is a great advice originating from the stock market, when you have a DIVERSIFIED portfolio, that can handle a few bumps on the road. That's because historically, things like the the DOW have always been steadily climbing. It doesn't really apply to a single all eggs in one basket investment like just Bitcoin. That's a much more vulnerable tactic. Plus Bitcoin doesn't have a long enough history you can rely on, and hasn't even hit mass adoption yet.

I have some long term Bitcoin stashed away, but I'm still making a little profit along the way because you just can't predict what the future holds. Maybe the world will decide to adopt another cryptocurrency instead, or maybe a major vulnerability will be discovered in Bitcoin in a year. I'd rather protect myself. Things may not always pan out like you'd like them to.

Sacredvineofspirits

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:31:22 AM

Is the world now admit that screaming HODL when it was at 14500 was a mistaken scream  Cry

People don't typically like to admit they're wrong, so you're asking for too much here. They'll just try to rationalize it. But the math can't be rationalized. No matter how you cut it, HODL wasn't the ideal approach. It wasn't even the safest.

You would have made more money with just about any selling at any point when it was over $10K. You didn't even have to sell at ATH. Then bought back at any point under $10K. No need to even time it perfectly or hit the bottom accurately. At a minimum you should have made a little extra cash. But if you were patient, you would have made a killing. No need for any active trading, just two extra transactions. You could then return to your exact same HODL position, but with extra cash in your pocket, and having a little extra guarantee in case things don't pan out.

Holding long term is a great advice originating from the stock market, when you have a DIVERSIFIED portfolio, that can handle a few bumps on the road. That's because historically, things like the the DOW have always been steadily climbing. It doesn't really apply to a single all eggs in one basket investment like just Bitcoin. That's a much more vulnerable tactic. Plus Bitcoin doesn't have a long enough history you can rely on, and hasn't even hit mass adoption yet.

I have some long term Bitcoin stashed away, but I'm still making a little profit along the way because you just can't predict what the future holds. Maybe the world will decide to adopt another cryptocurrency instead, or maybe a major vulnerability will be discovered in Bitcoin in a year. I'd rather protect myself. Things may not always pan out like you'd like them to.

I didn’t even read your whole post because it’s so ridiculous. Hindsight is 20/20. If you were investing for the long term (years) like me then this bear market means nothing, because it’s temporary. Back earlier this year when people were yelling HODL, we were trying to prevent an irrational bear market from taking hold. We lost. However, the market could very well have turned around faster than anyone expected, so hodling could have been a good idea even in the short term. Again if you are not a daytrader, but instead are a long term investor than HODLING has been proven to be the right strategy during bitcoin’s 9 year track record. And I believe this will continue to be true in the years to come.

sultanGol

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:31:50 AM

It depends what we mean by the world. In general, we can say, that the majority of the world's population have no idea, what is a decentralized money, but in the same time, globalization is a solid trend nowadays, and decentralization makes true sense in many ways.

ChandraGold

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:37:02 AM

The consumers are different from investors , they don't care that it is a decentralized or centralized system as long as they can easily use in their daily life to buy food and drink  Wink
Kthestunner

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:48:31 AM

HODLING has been proven to be the right strategy during bitcoin’s 9 year track record. And I believe this will continue to be true in the years to come.

It hasn't. And it keeps getting proven wrong. What markets like the one we've seen in the last year, keeps proving that it's not exactly the best strategy. Especially since most people aren't in this for the last 9 years, so it really doesn't help most people entering the market now. Your argument only works if you've been in the market since nearly the beginning.

And I'm not just talking about the continual missed opportunities, it's more about how hodl is being sold as a safe strategy. Which is very misleading. The closest thing to a safe strategy is a mix of both a little hodl and long term trading. But nothing is really safe or guaranteed. Being all in with only hodl, is basically putting all your eggs in one basket. With the illusion of doing the same thing as the stock market, except you're not using a diversified portfolio following the S&P 500 or the Dow Jones. So you really have nowhere near that same safety, only the illusion of it.
Eva18

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:48:53 AM

Is the world really waiting for a global decentralized money?

I think the world already has a global decentralized currency in the "bitcoin", although cryptocurrency today  may not be easily accepted like fiat, but the world is no longer waiting for what is here already.
Samemagazine

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:51:52 AM

HODLING has been proven to be the right strategy during bitcoin’s 9 year track record. And I believe this will continue to be true in the years to come.

It hasn't. And it keeps getting proven wrong. What markets like the one we've seen in the last year, keeps proving that it's not exactly the best strategy. Especially since most people aren't in this for the last 9 years, so it really doesn't help most people entering the market now. Your argument only works if you've been in the market since nearly the beginning.

And I'm not just talking about the continual missed opportunities, it's more about how hodl is being sold as a safe strategy. Which is very misleading. The closest thing to a safe strategy is a mix of both a little hodl and long term trading. But nothing is really safe or guaranteed. Being all in with only hodl, is basically putting all your eggs in one basket. With the illusion of doing the same thing as the stock market, except you're not using a diversified portfolio following the S&P 500 or the Dow Jones. So you really have nowhere near that same safety, only the illusion of it.
Historically the best thing a person can do with Bitcoin is buy it and forget they own it. Revisit in a few years. The overwhelming majority of people who try to trade lose money and a lot of that is because of their own emotion. Most of society and makes decisions based on emotion rather than facts and logic. This kills them as Traders

1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:16:20 AM

Is the world really waiting for a global decentralized money?
Not waiting, actually we dont have any idea about this before "that money can be decentralized" till bitcoin is invented so no one wait for it but most of us like the idea of decentralized money for sure aside from those corrupt in every country.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: