Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:04:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Related Crimes Surge  (Read 687 times)
Jimmymark

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:25:25 PM

Crime on bitcoin holders are rare. And like any other crime this can easyly be stop.

Most important.
 Holders need to not advertise there holding and stay Anonymous.
Keep wallets safe and seed untouchable where no one can find this.

If you are a cryptocurrency exchange and have no way of anonymous then up your security. And move to a safe country. I don’t think I would like to be advertised as an exchange holder and live in  third world country. This is dangerous for your safety and exchange.

This is why I have opened up a poll asking about cryptocurrency banks. We don’t have to call these banks can be called bitcoin trust funds account. This way people will know you don’t hold your wallet at home or office this can stop crime. Like a bank account you only hold small amount in wallet most large fund are locked which can only be taken with a visit to the bank. Or place

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ispep

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

The future of security tokens

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:30:14 PM

This is why I have opened up a poll asking about cryptocurrency banks.
We do not need banks, this is a decentralized system, any on such introduction will make it less of it. In this system, your wallet acts as your bank and it's in your total control, there are different kinds of wallets with varying levels of safety.
For utmost safety just get a hardware wallet and that's that, you are sure of your safety with it
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:39:05 PM

From murders to kidnappings, it seems criminals are targetting Bitcoin hodlers these days. Now why is it that individuals are more careful with fiat than they are with crypto. This is money and more people (even crooks) are realizing that. I read this analysis of Bitcoin related crimes and think we should think of ways of keeping our crypto safe and our lives also. https://cryptoinfowatch.com/cryptocurrency-crimes-surge-as-industry-strives-for-greater-adoption/
The question is how those criminals find their victims because they already know what they are looking when they are doing that crime. The problem is people tend to boast a lot to their friend and family and also on social media websites so they are a very easy target for criminals , especially because they know crypto are untraceable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: