Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:42:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange listing strategy  (Read 319 times)
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:49:16 AM

After completing an ICO one of the next major agenda for a project is listing. The first listing.
There are dexs that would just your project for free and without permission, and for bigger exchanges you would likely have to pay a fee to get  listed and little extra for publicity.
How important is the first listing?
Most investors pressure the team to get listed on a big exchange to kick things off, and avoid the DEXS which they claim, kills off tokens.
I disagree with that, a good product would sell anywhere and people would not mind diving in the mud to pull out gold. And if it does dump, it is down to a lot of factors, and not just the exchange it was trading on.
I personally like a small listing to build volume before bigger exchanges are contracted, it equally gives investors options, as not everyone likes to trade on centralized exchanges.

I believe no one can push the team to get listed on a big exchange, that's their major decisions not investor. Big exchanges mean, investor can trade with big volume and reach higher profit but they forget, not only them can play. Big or small it doesn't matter, as long have demand new coins will exist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:05:04 AM

yes, I personally agree with you. listed on a large exchange when the first listing is bad. because it will have no effect when listing on other exchanges. prices will grow when the project is truly alive. but when a team makes a start for listing on a small market, it will make a big leap when planning a listing on a large market. the best strategy is like that. and will be the highlight when the project grows and updates.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:54:56 AM

I don't know, but I have to go with projects listing their tokens on big exchanges. Its a big exposure for them and could potentially grow their value overtime. As compare for listing in a crappy exchanges wherein the bounty hunters have no choice but to dump because they're afraid that it potentially declined in prices. So if projects believed in their token then they might as well get it to a reputable exchanges for listing, this is just my opinion folks.
Yeah we somehow think that listing in reputable exchanges will help the token to have more decent volume, yes it happen but it's rare.
Some think listing in binance can make the token gets to the moon but what they see is nothing. And I think being listed in good exchange sites are just a bonus.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 08:46:44 AM

After completing an ICO one of the next major agenda for a project is listing. The first listing.
There are dexs that would just your project for free and without permission, and for bigger exchanges you would likely have to pay a fee to get  listed and little extra for publicity.
Most investors pressure the team to get listed on a big exchange to kick things off, and avoid the DEXS which they claim, kills off tokens.
I disagree with that, a good product would sell anywhere and people would not mind diving in the mud to pull out gold. And if it does dump, it is down to a lot of factors, and not just the exchange it was trading on.
I personally like a small listing to build volume before bigger exchanges are contracted, it equally gives investors options, as not everyone likes to trade on centralized exchanges.
I agree with you but most project teams are too ambitious, most of them always promise lists on top exchanges and fail to achieve that in a long time
I think the current problem is not listing strategies but their honesty and ambition in targeting exchanges because investors will be disappointed if they cannot reach the target for a long time

Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:32:56 PM

Dexes for me are not usually healthy for new tokens as they list at whatever prices they like, usually low. A combination of factors will determine if a token will do well upon first listing. The community and the market have to see value in the token and the team. This will determine whether it will dump or not thereafter.
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:09:41 PM

Decentralized exchange is becoming illiquid due to the bearish cryptocurrency market.  The little volume actually Depress new listed token and this will take a toll on the price paid by the investors!  I think it's better to list in centralized controlled exchange first before Dex!

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:15:07 PM

I believe no one can push the team to get listed on a big exchange, that's their major decisions not investor. Big exchanges mean, investor can trade with big volume and reach higher profit but they forget, not only them can play. Big or small it doesn't matter, as long have demand new coins will exist.
No one can really push up the team but the pressure on where these investors do give wont really be neglect-able which means as part of the team you will really consider to focus out on how you would list out on bigger exchangers but this thing wont really be that easy since we know that most popular exchangers do have significant criteria on listing out a coin.So, project potential and demand will always matter with these scenarios.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1781

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:34:40 PM

The problem with Decentralized exchanges is the price with which the token starts trading at. They are usually associated with price dumping of tokens and manipulations. Getting a token or coin listed in one of the big exchanges like Binance or the like of Kucoin shows the seriousness of the project towards investors money

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 07:46:57 AM

Yes, we always know it is the team decision to make most of the time, but for a team that is really ready to work and get their product exposed to a lot of people for demand to increase, I am sure they will sure be ready to make it available on bigger exchanges, otherwise, what would be the essence of raising so much money during ICO if the sole aim was not to get the product pretty well developed. One thing is that when you are listing your coin or token to shitty exchanges, it just mess things up over time, as you get lower trading volume and you really will not get pretty exposed.

yes, I personally agree with you. listed on a large exchange when the first listing is bad. because it will have no effect when listing on other exchanges. prices will grow when the project is truly alive. but when a team makes a start for listing on a small market, it will make a big leap when planning a listing on a large market. the best strategy is like that. and will be the highlight when the project grows and updates.
Well, in a way, it all depends, but sometimes, I feel it is always good to let your product get pretty much exposed at a smaller scale and let it develop pretty well before even considering the larger scale. It is not a bad idea to get your product available to more investors anyway in the long run. I have noticed these days that sometimes, listing on bigger exchanges in the short term, always result to huge dump, in which at the end of the day, I see it as bigger investors using that as an opportunity to drive out weak hands, but all the same, it has pretty much to do with the team at the end.
Inikoo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:22:02 AM

First listing of a project is very importand IMO, if the price dumps the first week 90% for example, it is very difficult to drive the price back to ICO price, or above. That is why, a good exchange can be a "life saver", where there is enough volume. But that itself may not be enough, if the ICO do not have a good marketing plan after crowdsale, it is a big mistake, many ICO mainly focus only on collecting the money, and than kindof neglect the project, and the communication.

CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 01:50:47 PM

I agree with the later part, it doest matter where the exchange is, a good project will always have its day, it is no doubt that in this bear market, dumps are usually quick as soon as a coin is listed which is caused be obvious conditions but afterwards a good project will find its feet again. A good example is digitex

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: