Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 09:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can STO replace ICO?  (Read 186 times)
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:59:48 AM

This is a good idea, unless STO is subject to centralization. After all, decentralization is important for many investors.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

takngantuk

Activity: 1024
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 10:19:28 AM

So the topic I want to talk about is STO or ICO. ICOs have exposed their disadvantages in the meaning that investors just buy tokens from the company and these token do not represent any equity of the company. STO might become an alternative option when Blockchain-based companies can still sell your tokens and investors can receive tokens representing for the equity of the company.

What do you think? Please share your thoughts here Cheesy

STO or ICO in the end are invetors who suffer losses. in my opinion the problem here is not how to collect funds, but rather the company. whatever the scammers will always be, so what is needed is a regulation that guarantees the security of funds for investors.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:19:49 AM

I am not really sure about this, maybe they can also co-exist? Both have pros and cons but looking at how SEC deals with ICOs, they might actually go with STOs. There is a good article I read about this topic https://hackernoon.com/ico-or-sto-who-wins-fd43c3ee7b8d
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: