Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW BAIKAL MINER BK-G28 released.  (Read 30066 times)
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:46:49 AM

...Unless you can get a screaming deal on a GPU or something, I think you would be hard pressed to find anything for sale that will pay itself off in under 6 months, even with free electricity.

Yes it seems like all the miner manufacturers these days price for about a year of mining to make your original investment back.  But a lot can happen in a year: more efficient miners released for the same algorithm, your miner breaks long before the year is up, coin prices crash, etc...  Doesn't seem worth buying anything anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allnewbie

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:13:36 PM

150 G28 equal the network hashrate of Groestl. So you can do the math.

Actually I'm new to the mining, so I don't know how to do the maths Smiley But anyhow I would be glad if someone could tell me how to calculate it  Grin

But I understand that this machine will not be that profitable

If 150 G28s equal the Groestl network, then:

If Baikal sells only 150 then you may make $25 per day, assuming all GPUs are kicked off.
If Baikal sells 300, then $12.5 per day
600 = $6.25 per day
1200 = $3.125 per day and so on.

And finally, Baikal will sell thousands of these, and hence you will be lucky to make a $1.
you are right to some extent, but not exactly right in this case.
Groestl profit will slide rapidly with the network difficult climbing up to a position which should be roughly 8 USD right now produced by quibt. and then if baikal keep producing machine, profit will continue reducing but at a much slower pace because at that time other algorithms will join in to share this difficult. so they slide down together happily.
evaluate your investment with quibt profit, for now, looks more workable.

Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:51:52 PM

Anybody buy any of these? I was considering buying one or two

Seems not likely to make a ton of money, but maybe hit close to ROI but a long time
i_like_bits

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:55:05 PM

Definitely a huge gamble. Probably not the most effective use of your money. Purchasing and holding coin would be better. You still need to pay for PSU, power cable, shipping, and customs fees with this unit.
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:36:31 PM

Definitely a huge gamble. Probably not the most effective use of your money. Purchasing and holding coin would be better. You still need to pay for PSU, power cable, shipping, and customs fees with this unit.

Not even a gamble, it’s literally money down the drain.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:52:59 PM
Merited by not.you (3)

I'm not going to buy any of these machines- numbers aren't that impressive, and profitability at this moment isn't exactly conducive for this thing to break even, much less make you profit within a year. As others have said, the profitability at this point in time seems pretty high, but difficulty corrections once everyone gets their hands on these miners will drop profitability down quite a bit.

I have inquired via Baikal
http://www.baikalminer.com via Contact customer service:
baikal@baikalminer.com on 28 October.

They have updated me for the delivery after 10 days. So then i researched on asicminervalue.com where i found this company called Miner Bros Limited shipping within 48 hrs . I am sharing the url for people looking for single peaces like me. https://www.cryptominerbros.com/product/baikal-miner-bk-g28-multi-algorithm-miner

So now i have purchased the product with cryptominerbros, I will keep you posted once i get delivery on the product in Wahsington USA.
Everyone's going to get the miner at the same time, including retailers, and it just doesn't add up that this new miner selling site happens to have these units in stock. Additionally, they only accept non-reversible payment methods (bank transfer or crypto), so you have no chance of getting your money back if this site just takes your money, and there's already a thread against the site here. The account that made this post is also brand-new, so there's a high chance that this account was made for the sole purpose of promoting this most likely scam site.
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:39:45 PM

nowadays mainly only miming hardware manufacturers and hardware resellers earn money in crypto mining  sphere.

At current price GRS network can handle only about 450 ASICs with $8 daily rewards. No doubt that fckng ASIC manufacturer would want to sell few thousands of this garbage
kineda

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:53:11 PM

Would be interested in the sgminer.bin once someone gets one of the BK-G28s. 
elmond

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:12:22 AM

Would be interested in the sgminer.bin once someone gets one of the BK-G28s.  

you want downgrade x10? from the share photos, it's obvious the asic chip wont be same as x10.

on the miner page which shows 96 chip on board, total 7 hash board (14 pcie power), running clock 300MHz, Hashrate 4.055 (per board) on x11

x10: 3.33 / 64 = 0.0521 hashrate per asic chip
G28: 4 / 96 = 0.0417 hashrate per asic chip

DehaMine

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 08:45:23 PM

Baikal must make an announcement for the owner of Baikal X10 to calm them down. How come to realise new miner while not compliying their word for the new 2 algorithm for X10?
  It is not a trade, it is just an abuse of customer.  Angry
griffoncoin

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:58:41 PM

Baikal must make an announcement for the owner of Baikal X10 to calm them down. How come to realise new miner while not compliying their word for the new 2 algorithm for X10?
  It is not a trade, it is just an abuse of customer.  Angry

2 new algorithm were released a while ago .. these were Nist5, X11Gost
brunospino

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:45:40 PM

I'm not going to buy any of these machines- numbers aren't that impressive, and profitability at this moment isn't exactly conducive for this thing to break even, much less make you profit within a year. As others have said, the profitability at this point in time seems pretty high, but difficulty corrections once everyone gets their hands on these miners will drop profitability down quite a bit.

I have inquired via Baikal
http://www.baikalminer.com via Contact customer service:
baikal@baikalminer.com on 28 October.

They have updated me for the delivery after 10 days. So then i researched on asicminervalue.com where i found this company called Miner Bros Limited shipping within 48 hrs . I am sharing the url for people looking for single peaces like me. https://www.cryptominerbros.com/product/baikal-miner-bk-g28-multi-algorithm-miner

So now i have purchased the product with cryptominerbros, I will keep you posted once i get delivery on the product in Wahsington USA.
Everyone's going to get the miner at the same time, including retailers, and it just doesn't add up that this new miner selling site happens to have these units in stock. Additionally, they only accept non-reversible payment methods (bank transfer or crypto), so you have no chance of getting your money back if this site just takes your money, and there's already a thread against the site here. The account that made this post is also brand-new, so there's a high chance that this account was made for the sole purpose of promoting this most likely scam site.

The only way to avoid scams and maximize the profit is to buy it in SZ warehouse/reseller, test the machine, give the money and bring it to the farm. No shitting, no shipping, no duty and start mining in 24/48 hours.
kineda

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:53:45 AM

looks like 2 are already on zpool running same sgminer release as the X10.

https://imgur.com/ulQZcWS

brunospino

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:09:25 PM

looks like 2 are already on zpool running same sgminer release as the X10.

https://imgur.com/ulQZcWS

More than 2 are running. I could pick up one right now and turn it on, considering to do it....but I can buy one Z9 adding a bit or almost 3 Z9 Mini.
aga0685

Activity: 337
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:01:29 PM

Are you here Baikal??? I have a question for you.....
I think that if you are a serius company is possible that you respond to this question...
You always tell that Baikal X10 will be updated with more algo.... is possibile that this will be true or you finish the develop of this miner?
New algo of G28 are compatible of X10?
Only an answer.... Yes or No?Huh? is simply..........

▀███████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀██████████████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████████████▄
        ▀▀█████████████████████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▄
                             ████████████
                             ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
 ▀▀█████████████▄   ▀██████████████████
    ▀█████████████▄▄  ▀██████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▄  ▀█████████▀▀
         ▀█████████████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▀███████████▄
                ▀████████████▄
                   ▀███████████▄
                     ▀████████████▄
                       ▀████████████▄
E V O

Public DECENTRALIZED Blockchain
Decentralized DOMAIN System (DDNS)
High I/O SIDECHAINS

TWITTER
──────────────
LINKEDIN
                                ▄▄
                            ▄▄▄████
                     ▄▄▄███████████▄
               ▄▄▄██████████████████
            ▄███████████████████████▄
         ▄███████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████
      ▄█████████████████████▀████████
      █████████████████████ █████████
     ████████████████████▀ ██████████
      █████████████████▀ ▄███████████
      ▀██████████████▀  ▄███████████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀  ▄████████████▀
           ▀▀███▀   ▄█████████████▀
          ▄▄█▀    ▄██████████████
  ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀       ▀▀██████████▀
▀███▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀

P O S  v3

Enhancing Blockchain
Technology With Innovative
POS v3 Consensus Algorithm.

▄███████
      ▄█▀███████
    ▄█▀  ███████
  ▄█▀    ███████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
████████████████
████████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
████████████████
 ▀██████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █
Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:33:19 PM

My guess: After selling a lot of G28 and the profit of groestl drops, they will release groestl for X10.
Imagine they would have done this now or 1-2 weeks ago. Then the X10 would have diminished the groestl profit and the G28 would not have this high profit rating on several sites. This is of course only for the less informed buyer a thing. But I think a lot of buyers just see the numbers and dont check network hashrates and stuff. If you buy, calculate with the Qubit/Quark/Skein/X11gost profits.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:41:26 PM

My guess: After selling a lot of G28 and the profit of groestl drops, they will release groestl for X10.

Concur.
nadeaup

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:37:50 PM

My BK-G28 arrived yesterday. It was a mess! 3 boards were unplugged and had bent pins on the daughterboard which means it was never QA'd. Luckily,I took it apart bent the pins back without them breaking and after bending out the fan grills out so they stopped hitting the fans.... I got it mining!
I-Love-BTCD

Activity: 64

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:51:48 PM

Baikal...are devs from Russia?
juninhodecio

Activity: 268
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:26:55 PM

My BK-G28 arrived yesterday. It was a mess! 3 boards were unplugged and had bent pins on the daughterboard which means it was never QA'd. Luckily,I took it apart bent the pins back without them breaking and after bending out the fan grills out so they stopped hitting the fans.... I got it mining!

Nice ! Extract the firmware for us.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: