Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW BAIKAL MINER BK-G28 released.  (Read 30066 times)
acidus77

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:53:10 PM

I have issue with new g28 that only one board is getting shares, middle one, all other boards are hashing (asics dashboard) but pool hashrate only from that one middle board. Tried other pools and algos but problem is same.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:15:34 PM

Just been reading through this thread and goodness does it sound dreadful.  I'm still looking for a  good opportunity to get in on an ASIC but so far they all seem so risky.

Guess I'll have to be patient and watch for now.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:16:45 AM

Temps?
My experiences are, Baikals tend to hang and crash if temp is over 55°C. Depending on Algo.

anyone have their g28 crash on groestl?
minefarmbuy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 06:38:19 AM

Just been reading through this thread and goodness does it sound dreadful.  I'm still looking for a  good opportunity to get in on an ASIC but so far they all seem so risky.

Guess I'll have to be patient and watch for now.

How do you have a legendary account and are not sure on asics? Not a troll, really asking.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
iwouldifiwereyou

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:03:28 AM

how awesome Vosk! I have watched every video you've made, you're awesome! I just got an X10 and was trying to get the other algos loaded, or the script to switch between most profitable but i can't make any sense of it. I took the machine apart, and looked at the Sd card and it only has 3 files on it, can I just replace the .bin file with the updates I've seen? It's only a few kilobytes, but so are the replacements. 
Like this one. GX10_V16_20171111 (From X10 v1.1 Image) - Copy.bin

can I just replace the script.bin file on the SD card? The card only has like 60 megabytes space, so it can't take the full image I've seen thats like 4 gig. I guess I'm not comprehending how this miner works at all. Any help anyone? I'll give you teamviewer access if you would Smiley
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:19:20 PM

You would need to load the firmware onto the card in full, it is larger than 60 MB but Windows won't show the partitions on the card. Baikal has instructions for upgrading the firmware on their site which you can reference.
Meteorite777

Activity: 68
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:08:41 AM

I really think 14GH is the capacity of G28 skein.
But there s Something wrong the "dacc" is around 80 to 90% on the G28 with difficulty managed by suprnova. This is too low, in comparison the X10 on same pool is around 99% explaining X10 is at nominal hashrate.

I tried to force difficulty on suprnova skein for the G28, but with no luck so far the best i achived is an average 12,8 GH/s which is still far from 14GH.

My guess is it is pool related. Though i contacted them twice by their support form and on twitter and NO answer since 48H.

I have a similar experience, pools are reporting 10-20% less hashrate than advertised. Skein bounced between 11-14 Gh with an average around 12.5-13 I'd say.  Myr-Gr was similar and averaged around 25-26 Gh.
Tarlatata

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:48:26 AM

Vosk, what are the symptoms of the crash - does the miner lock up entirely, or does it just stop hashing (either on one board or all) ?

I have 15 G-28 and they randomly crash all the time. I cannot spend a day without having to manually unpower and power back at LEAST 6 unit as they do not cycle themselve upon a crash.

http://prntscr.com/llk8fi
http://prntscr.com/llk8ru
http://prntscr.com/llk90p

Baikal skype support has no idea what's up.

Oh, as some other said, got multiple board that were not in the right slot and bent. 1 unit wouldn't power up at all because one of the board was missing a capacitance and now only run with 6 instead of 7 board.

Seriously, never again will I purchase from Baikal unless they do something about this.

KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 12:12:08 PM

I also have the same issue of multiple crash per day on my Giant X (where you cant even access ip and have to physically restart). Ended up buying a PDU that daily power cycles them.
Iomgui

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:18:31 PM

I confirm the issue about assembly on 16 total G28 :
- multiple boards are bent, happily with no consequence for me
- needed to unmount and correctly mount fans because of their power cable being hit  Shocked
- due to transport, needed to replug the card linking the 7 boards, but on very few units, no damaged pins, using DHL. On the baikal X with FEDEX it was just horrible, bent pin on unmounted board ...

On skein or myr gr i dont have the crashing issue.

But on both on suprnova, zpool, miningpoolhub, for either DGB or XVG : i m missing 10% of rewards because i m missing 10% of hasrate compared to nominal 14 / 28. Whereas with BAIKAL X10 i m at 100% reward compared to nominal hashrate.

Those 10% are confirmed by miner stats : Dacc is around 89 90% but difficulty rejecty is only 0.1 or 0.2% ... where goes those 10 % ... neither the pool support nor baikal had an anwser ...

allnewbie

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:52:05 AM

One of my miner can not access to web page somehow, but I see from pool is hashing actually... they told me to change orange pi, but I don't dare to do since its still mining...

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:50:17 PM

I also have the same issue of multiple crash per day on my Giant X (where you cant even access ip and have to physically restart). Ended up buying a PDU that daily power cycles them.

Hi Kayden - can you send me details/brand/model of this PDU. Thanks

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
astraleureka

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:57:28 PM

Any managed PDU will work, check APC, Tripplite, Cyberpower, Raritan for options. There are interfaces to toggle power via HTTP API or SNMP.
Andartis

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:38:25 PM

If you can not access your Baikals, which happened once for me in several months with several units, you should reflash the SD card. That was the only thing that fixed that problem for me on a BKX once.
Iomgui

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:46:13 AM

Guys, about DGB next algorithm to be Asic resistant (deployment wasannounced in january if i m right, after they said they tested it in november), do we know if they are targeting all Baikal DGB Algos ?
Also do we know if other coins like XVG have said anything about going the same way as DGB ?

Sorry to ask here but cant find any reliable information
elmond

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 02:02:14 AM

Guys, about DGB next algorithm to be Asic resistant (deployment wasannounced in january if i m right, after they said they tested it in november), do we know if they are targeting all Baikal DGB Algos ?
Also do we know if other coins like XVG have said anything about going the same way as DGB ?

i don't think DGB will doing that for now since it's a bearish market.
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 06:09:16 AM

The Odocrypt algo will be swapped out for one other algo only.

This is currently being tested and bear market or not, will be rolled out when its ready.
Andartis

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 12:06:28 AM

Did anyone also notice, that 1-2 hashboards in each G28 tend to get several (5-6) degrees C hotter than the others? Any known reason for that?
astraleureka

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:56:53 AM

Probably just like any other box chassis miner, the board is receiving reduced airflow compared to the others. This can happen on the outside boards or possibly on the inside boards, depending on whether it's airflow (outside) or if proximity to other boards (inside)
Andartis

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 08:38:59 PM

Probably just like any other box chassis miner, the board is receiving reduced airflow compared to the others. This can happen on the outside boards or possibly on the inside boards, depending on whether it's airflow (outside) or if proximity to other boards (inside)

I flipped them upright (standing on the side, controlboard on top), moved the PSUs one level higher instead of besides them and... 7-12 ° C lower temps Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: